LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to head out, be checking back later. My thoughts are with Jaren's family and friends.

I have to admit - I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't it be easy for LE & the coroner to say definitely whether it is Jaren or not? All it would take would be her family/friends describing the tattoos she has on her torso. Why is DNA necessary to say for sure? What am I missing?

I have to admit - I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't it be easy for LE & the coroner to say definitely whether it is Jaren or not? All it would take would be her family/friends describing the tattoos she has on her torso. Why is DNA necessary to say for sure? What am I missing?

Could be a rule/law that says if face identification cannot be made, then DNA is necessary. Dunno. I guess more than one person could have the same tattoo.

Because there is always a chance of someone having the same tattoos. That is why they need to do the DNA

Could be a rule/law that says if face identification cannot be made, then DNA is necessary. Dunno. I guess more than one person could have the same tattoo.

Because there is always a chance of someone having the same tattoos. That is why they need to do the DNA

Makes sense. I guess my thinking is if someone is "covered" in tattoos, then the likelihood of someone else having the same tattoos (who is also missing) is extremely slim.

But you're right - it is better to be safe than sorry. No need to get someone's hope up (or down) with misinformation.

Looking at photos from the clubs facebook page, numerous girls(I thought at firstit was same girl in different outfits but in a few they are together) have the same hip tattoos(look like pistols possibly?)

she only has 5 different tattoos on her torso, the hip tattoos are sparrows

Sorry to clarify, I realize Jaren has the sparrows(which are lovely.. I have a thing for birds so I love bird tattoos) just was commnting on the common tattoos thing. Sparrow tattoos are fairly popular as of late in general, though the others seem fairly distinguishable.

My thoughts are with you and your family/friends.No matter what that is someones daughter/friend/etc. who isn't coming home, whether it is Jaren or not. :(

so when they say a positive ID is pending, does that mean that they think it's her, but they have to be SURE via DNA??

resqx - Very useful information about the tides in this article!! Praying an arrest is imminent.

I see LE now says the torso does have tattoos. Then this rather cryptic statement.

We're working with the tattoos, to see if we can determine, if that helps us eliminate, if we come across anything that's similar and we feel it meets all the criteria or characteristics that we're looking for," said Sheriff's Investigator Glen Grannan.
http://www.wwltv.com/home/Womans-torso-found-on-Bay-St-Louis-beach-157994445.html

I had all but ruled out Jaren last night because there was no mention of tattoos. Knowing that now, the location would indicate Jaren. A body placed into the water at the Rigolets or Lake Catherine could certainly wash ashore in Bay St. Louis. Not to mention, extreme eastern New Orleans is well known to locals as the area where victims' bodies are often found.

We know that she did not make it to work because reports say the last to see her was her boyfriend who said she got a cab, but no one has come forward to say they picked her up...which is why I'm strongly leaning to the theory that she never got a cab/never left house.
My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member