LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hotel??? It's been reported from the beginning that the BF was the last to see her at their house when she left to get a cab to go to work.

Being it's the same address given before, I'd assume they live in the motel.

A hotel??? It's been reported from the beginning that the BF was the last to see her at their house when she left to get a cab to go to work.

There are no houses in the 2400 block of Tulane Ave.

Possibly this is just a reporting mistake, but if so, it's a big one. If not, it changes things. IMO.
"The New Orleans Police Department says the 22-year-old was last seen leaving a motel in the 2400 block of Tulane Avenue."
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Family-Of-Missing-New-Orleans-Woman-Speaks-After-Torso-Found-158271025.html

I previously surmised that Jaren and her boyfriend were living in an motel and not an apartment.

ETA: Based on my knowledge of the area as a local.

In every other dismemberment case, the dismemberment occurred at the murderer's residence. I'm almost thinking she never left that motel parking lot. I hope LE is checking all of the long-term residents there.

Thinking out loud. Did they have a car? Maybe not since she had to get a cab. IF it was the BF, how did he transport the body without a car? Does NOLA have street cameras in the 2400 block? How far of a walk is it from the hotel to water where she would have been put? Unless there was help - someone with a car. Noise carries in cheap hotels which complicates things, but it's not impossible. Did anyone else see her that day or just the BF account of the timeline? Who besides the BF was the last to see her, and where?

Tripadvisor reviews:

"First, prostitution. You will see hookers. Second, drugs. Yes, there are full-time drug addicts living here with their toddlers."

"I work for the U.S. Forest Service. I had the misfortune of staying here for a week. It was a horrible nightmare. People opening my door, trying to coerce me into buying their crack and drugged up women. When I said no, they became aggressive and tried to force themselves into my room. Police were of no help. Their solution was for me to lock my door for the night. The owner, when I complained, refused to listen to what I had to say. Each night I was awakened to screaming and yelling. Let's not forget the mice and cockroaches. The sheets had burn holes next to where the mice had chewed through. The cold water only worked half of the time. The rooms smell like death and to top it all, there were syringes in the desk drawer. Over all, if you stay here after reading this, then there is no hope for you."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89051-Reviews-Capri_Motel-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

I'd say there could be a list of suspects right there at the hotel!! YIKES!!

Thinking out loud. Did they have a car? Maybe not since she had to get a cab. IF it was the BF, how did he transport the body without a car? Does NOLA have street cameras in the 2400 block? How far of a walk is it from the hotel to water where she would have been put? Unless there was help - someone with a car. Noise carries in cheap hotels which complicates things, but it's not impossible. Did anyone else see her that day or just the BF account of the timeline? Who besides the BF was the last to see her, and where?

The motel is no where near the water was she was found - it's an hour or better car drive. LE believes it's possible she was put in water near the New Orleans area and then the water carried her to Bay St. Louis. I don't believe that since the body parts are washing up in the same general vicinity.

http://baystlouis-waveland.wlox.com...tors-are-working-identify-torso-washed-ashore

I wouldn't bank on crime cameras in the area to be functioning. That's a major problem in this city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55