LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange similarities to the Luka Magnotta case... it sounds like she was killed (stabbed) and then dismembered/decapitated. Magnotta was captured in Germany on Monday and had been heavy in the news for the past couple weeks. Just a thought.

ETA: Not at all saying this was Magnotta. Just saying that it could be a copycat.

I, too, couldn't help but notice the similarities to Magnotta's case since that case has been in the news so predominantly recently.

If I recall correctly, LISK has gone quiet in the past year due to the publicity & heightened police presence. Yes?

I've spent some time in Bellport in Suffolk County and am aware of the area.

Thank you for the insight! He MAY have gone quiet, but NY is so vast that he would not need to, it's pretty easy to stay under the radar in a city with 8 million people when your victims are in such a high risk lifestyle, often without family ties or anyone paying close attention, they are transients. I expect he is still working NY and has victims yet to be discovered in another location.

Oh no....:banghead:

then might there be a video somewhere?:what:

"Investigators said those clothes were the same ones Lockhart was wearing in a surveillance video they saw of her leaving work early Wednesday morning."

from tmg's post above

No, they don't stop, especially one so prolific. However, if he lives in or around NY there are A LOT of dumping grounds to choose from...he wouldn't need to move. The fact is, there are a LOT of killers like LISK out there and unfortunately, a lot of prey for them. I hope NOLA doesn't have a NOLASK!!!

I read somewhere yesterday that they (the experts) think there are anywhere from 16 to 160 serial killer victims in a year. Some other expert said there are much more than that...(he was talking in the thousands) but even if it is "just" 160, that is A LOT! And many of the victims have riskier lifestyles (dancers and the like) because they are easier targets. Somewhere around here there is a thread to "rate your risk of being murdered" and if you are in the public eye (teacher, dancer, city councilman etc.) your chances go way up. :eek:

Probably for work...

I think it's possible that site wasn't updated as time went on and the information is stale, just like one of the sites she hadn't posted on since after Katrina. The reason I think that is because she didn't update her location - "work" is probably much better in New Orleans than Hammond. You wouldn't advertise yourself as being 45 minutes away from the action if that's truly what the purpose was.

Thank you for the insight! He MAY have gone quiet, but NY is so vast that he would not need to, it's pretty easy to stay under the radar in a city with 8 million people when your victims are in such a high risk lifestyle, often without family ties or anyone paying close attention, they are transients. I expect he is still working NY and has victims yet to be discovered in another location.

Long Island is much more suburban than The City. It's all towns and malls and rocky beaches and scrub pines.

"Investigators said those clothes were the same ones Lockhart was wearing in a surveillance video they saw of her leaving work early Wednesday morning."

from tmg's post above

Yes.. Thank you...

but I was wondering if this is a copycat murder of LM, then there may be a horrific video of the murder, too, as in LM's case.

Horrible thought...

Yes.. Thank you...

but I was wondering if this is a copycat murder of LM, then there may be a horrific video of the murder, too, as in LM's case.

Horrible thought...

It's likely to be independent of LM, in my opinion.

- It's probably someone who preys on people (women) he can easily overpower
- The only known victim of LM was a man

A copycat might have chosen a man as tribute, if you will. The video would already be on YouTube.

I don't think there are as many copycats in real life as there are in novels & films.

So, I guess we can reorder the most likely scenarios with the boyfriend much lower and client/pimp/drug dealer/co-worker a little higher on the list.

Long Island is much more suburban than The City. It's all towns and malls and rocky beaches and scrub pines.

But it's possible he actually lives in the city or in Jersey. I just mean he has a lot of ground to cover if he chooses.

And highways. You can't forget the long, long never-ending highways. With the same stores every few miles or so.

Foe some reason I've always thought of LISK as being wealthy, leading a double life. JMO

"We spent a long night in New Orleans talking to witnesses and we gained a lot of information,” Grannan said

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetr...-identified-as-missing-woman-from-new-orleans

From the article you linked:

“We started out with about five missing person cases of who it could be,” Grannan said. “We had a couple out of Gulf Port, Mobile, Lafayette, and one out of New Orleans.”

I didn't know there are a couple of missing people from Gulfport also. Who are they?

So, I guess we can reorder the most likely scenarios with the boyfriend much lower and client/pimp/drug dealer/co-worker a little higher on the list.

I missed a few pages. Has it been established that she was a prostitute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55