GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox8live.com/story/18790012/woman-missing-from-tulane-ave-motel

Police say Goden was last seen at the Capri Motel on Tulane Avenue

Probably not connected in any way. I do not know the area but it looks like another woman with connections to this Capri motel went missing the week prior to Jaren.
JMO

They were also talking about a missing girl (dancer?) on the Justice for Jaren facebook page several nights ago in the comments. I can't remember her name but it was not this one, I don't think.

For right now they have the video linking them with Jaren. As far as we know she was never seen by anyone again after leaving with them. That makes them primo suspect numero uno. With the bad dye jobs and the way this chick is acting they have a lot of information to cough up. This isn't just a case of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time and LE has no where else to look except at them. These 2 don't just look like they might be involved.....they are involved. LE was watching them, just waiting for the chance to pounce. They needed to get them in for questioning in order to go ahead and get the search warrant for the house - one thing at a time. So when they failed to use a turn signal *BAM*. Then they resisted and tried to run. Consciousness of guilt is written all over them.

I'm on my phone at work, so don't have links right now. Late last night I was reviewing yesterday's articles, and one said LE searched the house for 24 hours. I'm not sure what time they were apprehended, but it was some time Tuesday night, and I was under the impression fairly late. SwampMama drove by yesterday evening and all was quiet. So my question: did LE start the search before the arrest? I was too tired last night to research it. Has anyone else figured out the timeline for events Tuesday-Wednesday?

might be worth taking a look at a map and picking out some possible dump sites. is it feasible that a body dumped in lake ponchartrain might have floated out through that small passage and over to the bay? seems unlikely to me, but im unfamiliar with how that sort of thing works.

Bessie is a good one to answer this. I believe she said something like Riggolets? Sorry if I'm misspelling that...it was the day that her torso was found, so my memory isn't clear on the exact location. But yes, there were a few places that were likely for her to have come to BSL.

Looking at everything that's going on, I don't think we really need to be overly concerned with them getting out on bond. Even if they did somehow pull it off, LE isn't letting them out of their sight. The minute they try to leave the state (if not the parish) they'd be violating the rules of being out on bond and immediately arrested again.

Aside from that, I'm with many others on here in thinking they have more information than they're sharing with us. To me it feels like they're keeping quiet with the public in an effort to be certain that they do everything carefully and by the book. They're not gonna let any loophole or slip-up cost them this one.

Skeeball, I really hope you're right about the bond but we've seen some pretty amazingly stupid things happen when we're following cases here! :maddening::notgood:

Is amazingly a word, it is now for me...

I'm on my phone at work, so don't have links right now. Late last night I was reviewing yesterday's articles, and one said LE searched the house for 24 hours. I'm not sure what time they were apprehended, but it was some time Tuesday night, and I was under the impression fairly late. SwampMama drove by yesterday evening and all was quiet. So my question: did LE start the search before the arrest? I was too tired last night to research it. Has anyone else figured out the timeline for events Tuesday-Wednesday?

I don't think they had the warrant until the 2 were apprehended and they had probable cause. So the arrest came first and the search of the house the next day.

BESSIE, when do you sleep????????:waitasec:

I imagine breaking out the saws and/or power tools isn't something you casually do on a beach at night, regardless of how private it is, or whether you think there's no one around. I can't see it having taken place anywhere other than in a house or on a boat.

No one would be crazy enough to dismember someone on a public beach - not even these two! They did a lot of stupid things, but surely they had enough sense to kill and dismembered her in private. Wait, did I just say that killing and dismembering her in private was sensible??????? :what: UGH.

I believe you have. I believe a lot of mistakes get made quite often. My HOPE is that the combination of local popularity in the media with this case and the amount of different LE departments (up to and including US Marshals thanks to TS's history) is forcing the situation to be carefully handled and maintained.

I'm being optimistic, I know. I also know that MAS isn't very intelligent. Any confidence she may have had was manufactured by TS's arrogance. With them separate, that will likely be fading fast.

On another note re: bond, I read up on various actions placed on fugitives for failure to register as a sex offender. A jail sentence in the state you currently reside instead of the state you were convicted is actually quite common. Hopefully that's a good means for LE to keep TS locked up here.

I believe you have. I believe a lot of mistakes get made quite often. My HOPE is that the combination of local popularity in the media with this case and the amount of different LE departments (up to and including US Marshals thanks to TS's history) is forcing the situation to be carefully handled and maintained.

I'm being optimistic, I know. I also know that MAS isn't very intelligent. Any confidence she may have had was manufactured by TS's arrogance. With them separate, that will likely be fading fast.

On another note re: bond, I read up on various actions placed on fugitives for failure to register as a sex offender. A jail sentence in the state you currently reside instead of the state you were convicted is actually quite common. Hopefully that's a good means for LE to keep TS locked up here.

LE doesn't have to worry about the intelligence of TS or MAS.. they have to worry about the intelligence of their lawyers. So I agree, that they better be careful and do things by the book. We've all seen how what COULD have been an open and shut case turns into a nightmare legal battle.

"They were taken into police custody Tuesday about 10 p.m.

Speaks was booked on charges of resisting an officer, resisting an officer by flight, aggravated assault and three warrants in other jurisdictions.

According to authorities in North Carolina, Speaks has sometimes called himself Chris or Christopher. Also in North Carolina, Speaks was convicted on sex offender charges nearly 10 years ago and was registered in the state's sex offender database.

His record shows arrests and convictions for crimes dating back to the mid-1990s, including larceny, possession of stolen property and misdemeanor assault. In 2009, North Carolina labeled Speaks an "absconder," for allegedly failing to adhere to the terms of his probation or parole.

The unspecified sex offense that sent him to jail involved a juvenile.

The Surry County Sheriff confirmed that investigators tracked Speaks from California and Pennsylvania and even involved the U.S. Marshals at one point.

Sanchez was arrested as a fugitive from another county, resisting arrest and not using a turn signal. Both were arrested in a traffic stop.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news.../14800124/-/s77jhe/-/index.html#ixzz1xnX0q9er

Law enforcement officials on Wednesday searched a Kenner residence as part of the investigation into the death of Jaren Lockhart

Mid-afternoon on Wednesday, Kenner police served a search warrant on a single-family home in the 2000 block of Connecticut Avenue, near Armstrong International Airport, where Speaks and Sanchez were believed to be living.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news.../14806534/-/9ysy4h/-/index.html#ixzz1xnYMisAH

This lists each one's charges, they were arrested on Tues and the house search began Wed. I just wonder though if mid-afternoon was when the news found out about it. They could have been there earlier searching.

might be worth taking a look at a map and picking out some possible dump sites. is it feasible that a body dumped in lake ponchartrain might have floated out through that small passage and over to the bay? seems unlikely to me, but im unfamiliar with how that sort of thing works.

I'm pretty familiar with that area from fishing and boating there. Not only feasible, but very possible. The inlet is called the Rigolets and is deep and fairly fast moving out to the Gulf.

ETA: The gulf loop current moves clockwise south of LA/MS coast, which would serve to help keep things close to the shore and moving eastward. See also, BO oil spill.

Speaks was booked on charges of resisting an officer, resisting an officer by flight, aggravated assault and three warrants in other jurisdictions.

According to authorities in North Carolina, Speaks has sometimes called himself Chris or Christopher. Also in North Carolina, Speaks was convicted on sex offender charges nearly 10 years ago and was registered in the state's sex offender database.

His record shows arrests and convictions for crimes dating back to the mid-1990s, including larceny, possession of stolen property and misdemeanor assault. In 2009, North Carolina labeled Speaks an "absconder," for allegedly failing to adhere to the terms of his probation or parole.

The Surry County Sheriff confirmed that investigators tracked Speaks from California and Pennsylvania and even involved the U.S. Marshals at one point.

Sanchez was arrested as a fugitive from another county, resisting arrest and not using a turn signal. Both were arrested in a traffic stop.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news.../14800124/-/s77jhe/-/index.html#ixzz1xnX0q9er

Law enforcement officials on Wednesday searched a Kenner residence as part of the investigation into the death of Jaren Lockhart

Mid-afternoon on Wednesday, Kenner police served a search warrant on a single-family home in the 2000 block of Connecticut Avenue, near Armstrong International Airport, where Speaks and Sanchez were believed to be living.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news.../14806534/-/9ysy4h/-/index.html#ixzz1xnYMisAH

This lists each one's charges, they were arrested on Tues and the house search began Wed. I just wonder though if mid-afternoon was when the news found out about it. They could have been there earlier searching.

So they searched the house for 5 hours, max?

Every single dismemberment case I have seen here since being a member has occurred in the perp's home.
1. Laura Ackerson
2. Lauren Giddings
3. Leiby Kletzky
4. Pamela Prpich
5. Aliahna Lemmon

Hi I'm new to WS and have been reading these threads for a couple of days now. I live in bay st Louis where the torso was found and horrified that this could happen to anyone. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Jaren.

What stands out for me is the fact that MAS was too emotional and refused to be transported to MS for questioning. What is she so afraid of in MS. That is a red flag for me. IMO they did not flee LA because the crime was not committed there. They had a week to get away. Wouldn't you wanna stay in a state that you committed no crime in. Just saying

ok so they have them in custody since yesterday, they have searched the house where they had been living, and still are not bringing charges? I'm not liking this.

No one would be crazy enough to dismember someone on a public beach - not even these two! They did a lot of stupid things, but surely they had enough sense to kill and dismembered her in private. Wait, did I just say that killing and dismembering her in private was sensible??????? :what: UGH.
Hey my fellow Gulf Coastian, I had to jump in & say that if it was around 4am they theoretically could have done that - I can't believe I am about to say this but I have done something on the beach that wasn't exactly legal around that time of morning (back when I was young & careless).
ANYWAYS! My point is: Yes it actually ~could~ have been done on the beach in the Pass or Long Beach without anyone noticing.
~~~~Editing this to say:
Please don't think I believe this happened on the beach - I was just replying to "MissGulfSouth" with my opinion.

I stated 2 days ago that I think JL was dismembered then disposed of at the Rigolets; with the perp(s) hoping she'd flow into the Gulf - instead she floated along our MS Coastline.
BTW I was having lunch with my 85 yr. old dad, my sister, my x-husband & my 9 yr old son at McElroy's on the beach in Biloxi yesterday when we saw a black helicopter fly by (slow & low) -- I swear to God we ALL said "What are they doing?? Looking for body parts?" Isn't that horrible?!!

When it comes to them not leaving, one of the things that's been brought up a few times with our old co-workers is the possibility that MAS was trying to get her kids before they left.

Thank you. So, it looks like the search warrant originated out of Jefferson Parish? (I'm still not clear on multi-jurisdictional protocol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member