GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

So Jarens phone was turned off within 30 mins of leaving the club? Does this seem just a little weird to anyone else?

I would understand setting it to silent but turning it completely off...??

I wish they'd charge him so he'll roll on her.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
I was thinking about that this morning. It's a significant detail. As you say, why not put it on silent. I can only surmise that MAS or TS worked out a way to make sure it was switched off. And if that's the case, it clearly shows malicious intent. The problem is that there's no way in the world to prove that JL didn't turn it off herself, or that her battery didn't go dead.

How far is the airport from the club?

The informants told authorities that Speaks said he and his wife picked up a stripper at a Bourbon Street club, and used drugs and alcohol as they drove to a place near an airport, Stromeyer said. At the time Lockhart was killed, Sanchez and Speaks lived in a Connecticut Avenue home near Louis Armstrong International Airport, detectives said.

Speaks told one of the inmates that Sanchez and the victim got into a fight, "and that the female ended up dead," Stromeyer testified.

The inmate did not say who killed Lockhart. She died from a single stab wound to her chest, Hancock County Detective Steve Saucier testified.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/05/new_details_emerge_in_jaren_lo.html

According to Google Maps its roughly 15 miles (three different options, it says 16 mil, 14 mil, and 16 mil) between Temptations to Louis Armstrong Airport.

This part has me scratching my head. One, how did he get to email MAS? Two, who is the other person and three, why would he be concerned about the underwear if he "cleaned up the mess?"

However, after FBI agents and Hancock County detectives interviewed Speaks at the New York prison last year, Speaks wrote an email to Sanchez on the night of July 5, Stromeyer testified. The content was circumstantial but highly suggestive, and it included Speaks angrily telling Sanchez that he "cleaned up the mess," but she was not jailed, that their use of drugs as an excuse would not work, and that more than one person's bodily fluids were in her panties. He appeared to threaten he would turn her in.

RSBM

So Jarens phone was turned off within 30 mins of leaving the club? Does this seem just a little weird to anyone else?

While I've never done private parties or left with customers, I know many who do and there's always a buddy system. The girl that leaves always checks in when she gets wherever it is she's going (gives address) and checks back in when she's leaving. There's a signal word that's pretty universal for these things, that alerts when stuff isn't OK. No one would turn their phone off purposely.

I'm wondering if her phone didn't die? She was at work all night and typically you don't leave your phone sitting out and charging in the dressing room because it'll get stolen.

RSBM

It could be possible that Jaren turned her cell phone off, because she probably did not want her boyfriend to talk her out of her "financial offer" from MAS & TS at 2:00AM in the morning. I am sure that it was uncomfortable for Jaren's boyfriend to have his girlfriend and the mother of his daughter - to participate in a strange sexual encounters for money, but they were desperate for money.

Jaren was probably thinking that she will make some quick money and return back to the Capri Motel - before her boyfriend woke up. Perhaps she thought that everything was going to be fine and that she could trust MAS & TS. Unfortunately, that was the huge mistake that had taken her life, because MAS & TS are truly evil.

- Clodumbo

The attorney for Sanchez said there is no physical or DNA evidence linking her to the murder. He claims the crime could have been committed by Terry Speaks, 41, who was with Sanchez when Lockhart disappeared.

Source: http://m.wafb.com/#!/newsDetail/25620285

This statement from MAS's Defense Attorney makes no sense. He claims the crime could have been committed by Terry Speaks, who was with Sanchez when Lockhart disappeared.

Now exactly what was MAS's role? Her attorney admits that she was with Terry Speaks when Jaren Lockhart disappeared. What happened after they left Temptation's Gentlemen's Club? Somehow I knew that MAS was going to try to throw TS under the bus, but she was part of this murder too - as much as he was and she knows it.

To quote MAS from the Final Witness Show: "What am I gonna do to get rid of the body?" She was speaking on behalf of Zack Bowen. But how would she know what he was thinking? Unless she was speaking on how she would have taking care of Addie Hall's body - like she and TS did to Jaren's body.

- Clodumbo
Just like Zachary did Addie Hall & just like the FQ Trunk Man (don't know what else to call him) did to his unknown victim.

I was thinking about that this morning. It's a significant detail. As you say, why not put it on silent. I can only surmise that MAS or TS worked out a way to make sure it was switched off. And if that's the case, it clearly shows malicious intent. The problem is that there's no way in the world to prove that JL didn't turn it off herself, or that her battery didn't go dead.

You're right, you can provide explanations to explain it away. But I think it will still come in as circumstantial evidence to paint the entire picture of what transpired. Put MAS and TS on the defensive of having to explain things away.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/05/new_details_emerge_in_jaren_lo.html#comments

New details emerge in Jaren Lockhart's murder and dismemberment case
However, after FBI agents and Hancock County detectives interviewed Speaks at the New York prison last year, Speaks wrote an email to Sanchez on the night of July 5, Stromeyer testified. The content was circumstantial but highly suggestive, and it included Speaks angrily telling Sanchez that he "cleaned up the mess," but she was not jailed, that their use of drugs as an excuse would not work, and that more than one person's bodily fluids were in her panties. He appeared to threaten he would turn her in.

In another email, Speaks told Sanchez "the night in question was a very special night for them," Stromeyer said

Whose panties are they talking about here? MAS or Jaren? (I assume Jaren but want to make sure that's what others are also thinking.)

Who else's body fluids would be in them? Is there another male we don't know about? If there's a third person, it seems to me that MAS & TS would gang together and blame the third person...so far, they just seem to be blaming each other.

ETA: The "very special night for them" thing makes me wanna barf.

For whatever reason, I'm inclined to believe TS slightly more than MAS.

I think MAS got in a fight with Jaren & killed her (maybe the stab wound). TS may have done the majority of the cleaning up after the fact, but I bet MAS had a hand in it too before she went to work. I bet the dismemberment was her idea.

(please don't take this to mean I think TS is innocent in any way- he certainly is not.)

Whose panties are they talking about here? MAS or Jaren? (I assume Jaren but want to make sure that's what others are also thinking.)

Who else's body fluids would be in them? Is there another male we don't know about? If there's a third person, it seems to me that MAS & TS would gang together and blame the third person...so far, they just seem to be blaming each other.

Females also secrete bodily fluids. So TS plus MAS I am thinking.

I'm assuming Jaren's as well. The rest...my mind has gone both ways. The thought of a third person made me think back to some of the speculation that maybe there was a powerful (as in scary) third person involved. When I put it in that light, it's almost like the email was a threat, not only from TS, but "Hey!!! Shut your mouth because you know who else is involved and they may not be very happy if they find out you're talking."

I'm assuming Jaren's as well. The rest...my mind has gone both ways. The thought of a third person made me think back to some of the speculation that maybe there was a powerful (as in scary) third person involved. When I put it in that light, it's almost like the email was a threat, not only from TS, but "Hey!!! Shut your mouth because you know who else is involved and they may not be very happy if they find out you're talking."
Which brings me back to what I thought in the beginning. TS and MAS soliciting dancers for a threesome? Going as far as to approach a dancer on stage? That never sat right with me. It would have been too easy to find a willing participant without reaching to those lengths. The bars are full of them, and the duo was likely familiar with quite a few, IMO. I might be off base, but it just feels like on this particular occasion, there was a special order to fill.

As for panties, regardless of the owner, any pair which held the DNA of both JL and MAS would be a relevant cause of concern for MAS.

Which brings me back to what I thought in the beginning. TS and MAS soliciting dancers for a threesome? Going as far as to approach a dancer on stage? That never sat right with me. It would have been too easy to find a willing participant without reaching to those lengths. The bars are full of them, and the duo was likely familiar with quite a few, IMO. I might be off base, but it just feels like on this particular occasion, there was a special order to fill.

This ^^ ^

So odd. If the FQ scene is anything like any bar/party culture area a willing participant would not be hard to find in the crowd. Also one would possibly avoid another industry person...because, well, who needs the future hassle/weirdness?

Always MOO

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Everything about MAS & TS's "special night" (barf!!!) is just shaping up to be weirder and weirder than I expected. Maybe it's just because my mind did not want to go there.

Poor Jaren. I am so sorry this happened to you.

Where is the evidence of these panties? Perhaps it was mentioned to throw off the police? Also, let's say the panties did exist. The unknown DNA could have came from a customer who had a "private lap dance" from Jaren in the VIP Room upstairs - prior to Jaren departing with MAS & TS. Perhaps that customer could have known MAS & TS?

P.S. I had visited Temptations last year to check out the layout of the club.There is a stairway that is blocked by a rope, that leads to the private VIP Rooms. Of course, I am sure that there are security/voyeur cameras there.

- Clodumbo

This part has me scratching my head. One, how did he get to email MAS? Two, who is the other person and three, why would he be concerned about the underwear if he "cleaned up the mess?"

Speaks would have been in jail at that time, right? Many prisons are turning to technology to offer inmates (for a price of course). There is a system called Jpay where families can send inmates money thru the internet, exchange email type messages with them and even set up video chats.. Could that have been the way it was done (?) and if so, Speaks had to know it was being monitored. Maybe he was trying to set MAS up or it was a subtle warning.

Where is the evidence of these panties? Perhaps it was mentioned to throw off the police? Also, let's say the panties did exist. The unknown DNA could have came from a customer who had a "private lap dance" from Jaren in the VIP Room upstairs - prior to Jaren departing with MAS & TS. Perhaps that customer could have known MAS & TS?

P.S. I had visited Temptations last year to check out the layout of the club.There is a stairway that is blocked by a rope, that leads to the private VIP Rooms. Of course, I am sure that there are security/voyeur cameras there.

- Clodumbo
But TS wouldn't know about the other person. And if he did, it would have no bearing on MAS. What would matter to MAS is number one, a pair of panties found at the Kenner house holding JL's DNA. That alone will sink both of them if it's true. BUT, it sounds to me as though TS is warning MAS. In effect saying, in case you're planning to roll over on me -- and perhaps claim she went to work, and TS was alone with JL -- remember, they have your DNA, so that story won't fly.

Of course we don't know if such panties actually exist, but TS would only have said that if he knows they do. I don't think they belonged to JL because frankly, I doubt she had a chance to put her panties back on. I think MAS dressed hurriedly for work ("they were dirty and smelled really bad"). Then later left her panties with the mingled bodily fluids in a pile of dirty clothes, from which LE seized them. Or from which TS thinks they were seized, anyway. JMO

ETA: I'm curious how long it took TS to think about the incriminating evidence in the pair of panties. And I wonder if MAS ever did. The answers would give us an idea of which one is "the brains".

Would considering MAS truly believed she was legally married to TS play any role in her thought processes on 6/5/2012? Would she have thought he had spousal privilige or immunity that is sometimes opted in/out between married defendants/witnesses and she was as safe as having no witnesses?

Does anyone remember that? I'm overdue for a re-read.

Speaks would have been in jail at that time, right? Many prisons are turning to technology to offer inmates (for a price of course). There is a system called Jpay where families can send inmates money thru the internet, exchange email type messages with them and even set up video chats.. Could that have been the way it was done (?) and if so, Speaks had to know it was being monitored. Maybe he was trying to set MAS up or it was a subtle warning.
Yep, you're right. This link is on the Otisville main page under "Inmates" --> "Communications".

http://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#phone

http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/otv/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members