GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped by me.

Actually his hair was dyed Ronald McDonald "red " and MAS had dyed her hair smurf blue. :doh:

Thanks for the catch, Clodumbo. I've been going a little crazy trying to keep up with the senseless violent crime and rising murder rate in NOLA while our mayor debates the merit of historical monuments. I wish he would declare murderers a public nuisance and turn his focus to protecting his constituents.:gaah:

Respectfully snipped by me.

Actually his hair was dyed Ronald McDonald "red " and MAS had dyed her hair smurf blue. :doh:
16106110-large.jpg

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...n-pieces-across-two-mississippi-counties.html
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/terry_speaks_seeks_trial_delay.html

And what makes you think she will not?

Didn't mean to imply that she wouldn't get the same sentence- just wish hers would be starting now with his. :jail::jail:

But now that you've asked, is there any chance she could get a lesser sentence? I hope not.

Didn't mean to imply that she wouldn't get the same sentence- just wish hers would be starting now with his. :jail::jail:

But now that you've asked, is there any chance she could get a lesser sentence? I hope not.

Typical stuff from a defense attorney. Glad to see it went no where. Also glad to see he got life. Now for the appeals, which, from what I read as the trial was going on, will all be denied. Really not sure how interjecting a new defense even flies. Insane? That typically implies that he did the deed but wasn't sane at the time. As far as I can remember, he denied committing the crime.

As for MAS, disappointed that it's so far off but she's not going anywhere. Her sentence has essentially already begun. And odds are she'll get the same sentence, barring some sort of plea deal where she tells all, though I see no incentive for the prosecution to do that at this point short of saving a little bit of tax payer money in the trial.

Just thinking out loud. IMO Jaren was a gorgeous girl- beautiful face, beautiful smile, awesome hair, and rocking' body. She really could have modeled. Her smile looks like she had electric magnetism to her.

(If there isn's a third person involved) I'm thinking it's possible MAS (who was not as pretty - especially at this time, when she indeed looked as someone else said...like a heroin addict) got jealous of the attention TS was giving Jaren and jealous of Jaren's beauty, magnetism, rocking body, etc. A fight went down between them (mostly fueled by whatever drugs MAS was on) and MAS stabbed Jaren, then she and TS went into "what do we do with the body" mode.

All JMO
I agree with this theory you have.
I havent read anything about this case until just today when reading some of the thread.

I am just guessing this is likely what happened. I think TS convinced MAS to agree to a threesome. And at some point at the house MAS got jealous because TS probably ignored her and shoved her off to the side.

As MAS became just a spectator she probably went into a jealous rage. I think she clubbed JL over the head with something when she wasnt looking. I think that because I saw one article that talked about some sort of injury on the skull that may have indicated JL was hit in head. I think the clubbing was very severe and she was totally knocked out and they didnt want to get into trouble with the law for assault and battery so then TS and MAS decided they needed to finish her off. So TS then plunged a knife into her. Then TS thought he was the mastermind about how to get rid of a body and the rest happened.

Anway, IMO, I think your theory is probably what happened.

All JMO
I agree with this theory you have.
I havent read anything about this case until just today when reading some of the thread.

I am just guessing this is likely what happened. I think TS convinced MAS to agree to a threesome. And at some point at the house MAS got jealous because TS probably ignored her and shoved her off to the side.

As MAS became just a spectator she probably went into a jealous rage. I think she clubbed JL over the head with something when she wasnt looking. I think that because I saw one article that talked about some sort of injury on the skull that may have indicated JL was hit in head. I think the clubbing was very severe and she was totally knocked out and they didnt want to get into trouble with the law for assault and battery so then TS and MAS decided they needed to finish her off. So TS then plunged a knife into her. Then TS thought he was the mastermind about how to get rid of a body and the rest happened.

Anway, IMO, I think your theory is probably what happened.

There was probably a good bit of that involved, but I think it was deeper and darker than just that. In some perverse way, I think MAS really does think she's all that. I just think she has a very dark side that has probably fascinated about the "rush" and the "control" of taking someone's life. The one thing I don't doubt that TS talked about, was I don't doubt that everything they did excited them and they probably did have what in their warped world was the best sex of their lives that night after they were done. All sick and twisted and glad they're sitting behind bars.

I haven't been posting or reading lately because I've been busy with my baby (who is now an active, super-energetic, super sweet 8 month old) and honestly because it's gotten hard for me to read about True Crime and all the evil in the world now that I have my little one, but I did see the news of Speaks's conviction in the media. I just came here to say hello to frequent posters on Jaren's thread and share with you all my thanks that justice for Jaren was served in regards to Speaks. Now on to MAS's trial in December where I'm sure we'll see more Justice for Jaren!

Terry Speaks gets hearing for new trial in Jaren Lockhart murder
By Andrea Shaw, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on September 04, 2015 at 8:28 AM, updated September 04, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Convict Terry Speaks will get a court hearing in his bid for a new trial in the killing and dismemberment of Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart. Speaks' attorney sought the hearing after receiving information that a federal inmate who testified against Speaks had been coached on the details of Lockhart's killing, and an appeals court Tuesday (Sept. 1) ordered the trial court to hold a hearing on the information.
Terry Speaks' appeal of his conviction placed on hold while he awaits a new trial
Advocate staff reports
Sept. 05, 2015

[...]
The state 5th Circuit Court of Appeal this week remanded his appeal back to 24th Judicial District Judge Stephen Grefer’s court “without prejudice, for the purpose of hearing and ruling on the defendant’s motion for a new trial,” according to court documents filed Thursday.

That motion, filed last month, claims an inmate from an upstate New York prison tried to reach Speaks’ attorneys before his trial, only to have his misdirected letter languish in the Orleans Parish Public Defender’s Office until after Speaks was convicted.

The inmate said he was willing to testify that one of the three inmates who testified that Speaks confessed to the crime in prison was lying.

Grefer is scheduled to hear the motion for a new trial on Jan. 19.

Snipped from last month's T-P article quoting Sanford, the inmate/paralegal who wrote the referenced letter:

In Bourbon Street dancer's dismemberment, convict touts new witness
By Andrea Shaw, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on August 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM

[...]
Sanford is serving 12 1/3 years for a conviction of interference of commerce by threats or violence. He did not testify at Speaks' trial.
He addressed his letter about Lucas to the "Chief Public Defender'' and sent it to New Orleans days before Speaks trial began June 15. But the letter didn't reach Speaks' attorneys in Jefferson Parish until after the trial.

Sanford wrote that he is a paralegal at the prison and that Lucas confided in him, that Lucas' father had researched Lockhart's killing and that Lucas tried to obtain information from Speaks.

"I know this to be the truth because Mr. Lucus (sic) would either send for me or find me and report the progress. He would also attempt to solicit advice from me, and I did provide such,'' Sanford wrote. "Mr. Lucas specifically informed me that investigators provided him with information where his information was not comporting to their investigation.''

I was not at all surprised to read that the clubs that Jaren, Jasilas White, and Hillary Moulder worked at (and God knows how many other young women and mothers with their lives ahead of them) were cited in the recent crackdown for drug peddling and prostitution.

"Four French Quarter strip clubs among ten venues cited by state officials on accusations of peddling drugs and prostitution are well known names for Bourbon Street regulars: Lipstixxx, Centerfolds, Scores, and Temptations.

Not as well known is the name of the Olano family, whose members and their business interests control those four strip clubs, in addition to a fifth, Stiletto's. The recent violations are hardly the first time officials have been at odds with some of the family's businesses: Olano family members own the Last Call Bar, which state alcohol control officials shut down in July after a long history of complaints."

I hope and pray that these clubs that prey on and use vulnerable young women aren't allowed to continue to operate under these illegal circumstances. If Jaren's story does anything, I hope it saves the life of another young mother from falling victim to the evil that took advantage of her and took her life.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/11/in_bourbon_street_strip_clubs.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Suspect in dismemberment case asks to have trial moved
6:30 p.m. CST November 24, 2015
http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/cri...mberment-case-asks-have-trial-moved/76342902/
In court documents filed Tuesday, Anna Friedberg argued that hundreds of articles printed in The Times-Picayune and New Orleans Advocate, broadcast on local TV, and published online would taint any local jury seated to hear the case against Margaret Sanchez.

The case is scheduled to begin Dec. 7.

More at link.

Margaret Sanchez, who is accused along with Terry Speaks of Killing Jaren Lockhart starts today.Where can I get up to the minute new on the trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back