LA LA - Judy Ann Gary, 19, St. Martinville, 1 August 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, so do I. Unfortunately, not many people were/are aware. There is speculation that there are members of law enforcement with first hand knowledge of her whereabouts the week she went missing.
I first read about Judy on WS. Back in 1986, the only social media available was the local newspapers and TV stations.

The day that Judy went missing, her son was left in the care of his grandmother. When her husband arrived and heard that she had not returned from the pharmacy, he left to look for her. He did not return for their son for two days.

Are any of you familiar with Section 8 or HUD Housing in Louisiana? I have a few very specific questions.

fwiw

I have seen most of these documents. I will probably need to speak to someone first hand. Specifically about procedures 1985-2015. I know Louisiana is unlike any other state.

by: Kye Price Updated: Jun 26, 2024
https://www.klfy.com/local/st-marti...ville-woman-reopens-after-more-than-30-years/

''St. Martinville Police Chief Ricky Martin said it has been difficult reopening the case.
“The hardest part has been, it’s been so long, having to go back and find people,” Martin said. “Other than that, we don’t have any physical information to use to lead us in any direction.” Martin said.

Eric Richard, Judy’s husband, said it has been a hard time looking for her. He said if Judy is out there, he wants her to come home because her family needs her.
“Stressful, stressful. Cause I like to know what’s going on. Why she never came home? Who has her? Why they won’t let her call? Please come home. Your son needs you,” he said.
If you have any more information on the case, call St. Martinville Police Department immediately. There is also a Facebook page that’s used to help find Gary.''

Judy Ann Gary​

• gary_judy.jpg
  • gary_judy2.jpg
  • gary_judy3.jpg
  • gary_judy4.jpg
Gary, circa 1986
  • Missing Since08/02/1986
  • Missing FromSt. Martinville, Louisiana
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986. Her mother was sick and she was taking care of her at her mother's home on West Hamilton Street. She then walked to the Hospital Drug Store Pharmacy in the 400 block of North Main Street to pick up medication for her mother.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance she was married and had a one-year-old son. Her case remains unsolved.

The day that Judy went missing, her son was left in the care of his grandmother. When her husband arrived and heard that she had not returned from the pharmacy, he left to look for her. He did not return for their son for two days.
Can you clarify if it was the grandmother on maternal side or paternal side?

I'm sorry, @Finding Magness (as a native Louisianan, now in Minnesota, I also sympathize about the LE (in)action.)

Is there anything we web sleuths can do to help?
There absolutely is. 10/23 is the 2 year anniversary of the date I initially emailed the St. Martinville Police department and now my patience is running dry. I am about to share some truths and I would LOVE help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back