LA LA - Judy Ann Gary, 19, St. Martinville, 1 August 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
by: Kye Price Updated: Jun 26, 2024
https://www.klfy.com/local/st-marti...ville-woman-reopens-after-more-than-30-years/

''St. Martinville Police Chief Ricky Martin said it has been difficult reopening the case.
“The hardest part has been, it’s been so long, having to go back and find people,” Martin said. “Other than that, we don’t have any physical information to use to lead us in any direction.” Martin said.

Eric Richard, Judy’s husband, said it has been a hard time looking for her. He said if Judy is out there, he wants her to come home because her family needs her.
“Stressful, stressful. Cause I like to know what’s going on. Why she never came home? Who has her? Why they won’t let her call? Please come home. Your son needs you,” he said.
If you have any more information on the case, call St. Martinville Police Department immediately. There is also a Facebook page that’s used to help find Gary.''

Judy Ann Gary​

• gary_judy.jpg
  • gary_judy2.jpg
  • gary_judy3.jpg
  • gary_judy4.jpg
Gary, circa 1986
  • Missing Since08/02/1986
  • Missing FromSt. Martinville, Louisiana
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986. Her mother was sick and she was taking care of her at her mother's home on West Hamilton Street. She then walked to the Hospital Drug Store Pharmacy in the 400 block of North Main Street to pick up medication for her mother.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance she was married and had a one-year-old son. Her case remains unsolved.
I was there for this interview and balloon release.
It was a very difficult day for her sister and son.
Let me try to sort things out ...

''St. Martinville Police Chief Ricky Martin said it has been difficult reopening the case.
“The hardest part has been, it’s been so long, having to go back and find people,” Martin said. “Other than that, we don’t have any physical information to use to lead us in any direction.” Martin said.

Chief Martin did not participate in any of the investigations during the last two years. Even after huge strides were made he continued to say it was stagnant.
I have not had ANY issues finding people. I have several statements (typed and recorded) by family and people in the community. The detective has received all of the these transcripts in a timely manner.

Eric Richard, Judy’s husband, said it has been a hard time looking for her. He said if Judy is out there, he wants her to come home because her family needs her.
“Stressful, stressful. Cause I like to know what’s going on. Why she never came home? Who has her? Why they won’t let her call? Please come home. Your son needs you,” he said.

The next part of the news interview was edited and cut out (for obvious reasons). The reporter asked Eric Richard, Judy's husband, if he had a message for her, if she was watching. Eric looked directly in the camera and told her (Judy) to come home and stop hanging out with those people she doesn't know.

Here are a few examples…
Years after she disappeared, Judy’s husband married the mother of Judy’s sister-in-law, Bernadine. This marriage would be his third marriage. Her name was Delores. Delores also had a daughter named Nicole with a man name Pierre from before Judy went missing. Pierre is the husband of Judy’s oldest sister Mary Ann. Before you ask, Yes, Mary Ann and Pierre were married at the time she was conceived.
But wait there’s more! Bernadine was married to Judy’s only brother, Joe. Bernadine has 8 children. None were Joe’s biological children. One on these children was said to be conceived with Pierre.
I’m obviously missing something, what does any of that (or genealogy) have to do with Judy’s disappearance?

I was there for this interview and balloon release.
It was a very difficult day for her sister and son.
Let me try to sort things out ...

Chief Martin did not participate in any of the investigations during the last two years. Even after huge strides were made he continued to say it was stagnant.
I have not had ANY issues finding people. I have several statements (typed and recorded) by family and people in the community. The detective has received all of the these transcripts in a timely manner.

The next part of the news interview was edited and cut out (for obvious reasons). The reporter asked Eric Richard, Judy's husband, if he had a message for her, if she was watching. Eric looked directly in the camera and told her (Judy) to come home and stop hanging out with those people she doesn't know.
It sounds like ER’s big issue (from the 4th paragraph) is that he is stressed
(but mostly because he likes to know what’s going on)

“Why won’t they let her call?”
(seems to be a bit of a strawman argument/misdirection). Does he really think that the big problem here is just that somebody won’t let her call, no matter how badly she keeps wanting to?

“Come home and stop hanging out with those people she doesn’t know” Scolding. ER seems to be dropping smoke bombs every time he is interviewed

All jmo

Last edited:

Details of Disappearance that I Feel Need to be Clarified.​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986.
This is finally correct. The original reports approximated the date being August 1st. Judy Ann wasn't reported missing until 2015/2016. Chief Martin claims there were no reports to go on but there was a card in evidence that stated Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks. This report was made by Judy's husband Eric Richard. When he is questioned about it now he said he has no idea who that is and claims he never said that.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy.
Hospital Pharmacy Drug Store was small and family owned. I spoke to 3 of the women that worked there at the time of Judy's disappearance and NONE of them knew about it. One of the women even stated that she learned about the case in 2022 when the story was first aired on the news.

It sounds like ER’s big issue (from the 4th paragraph) is that he is stressed
(but mostly because he likes to know what’s going on)

“Why won’t they let her call?”
(seems to be a bit of a strawman argument/misdirection). Does he really think that the big problem here is just that somebody won’t let her call, no matter how badly she keeps wanting to?

“Come home and stop hanging out with those people she doesn’t know” Scolding. ER seems to be dropping smoke bombs every time he is interviewed

All jmo
I agree. He does enjoy his smoke bombs.

Details of Disappearance that I Feel Need to be Clarified.​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986.
This is finally correct. The original reports approximated the date being August 1st. Judy Ann wasn't reported missing until 2015/2016. Chief Martin claims there were no reports to go on but there was a card in evidence that stated Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks. This report was made by Judy's husband Eric Richard. When he is questioned about it now he said he has no idea who that is and claims he never said that.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy.
Hospital Pharmacy Drug Store was small and family owned. I spoke to 3 of the women that worked there at the time of Judy's disappearance and NONE of them knew about it. One of the women even stated that she learned about the case in 2022 when the story was first aired on the news.
Warning! Possible rabbit hole! :

“A card in evidence that stated that Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks”

Who’s card? Where did the info on the card come from if ER now claims he’s never heard of Richard Franks? Maybe just some detective writing himself a note? Could he have gotten the name wrong?

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles west of St. Martinville)

The last names aren’t exact, but could Eric Richard and Frankie Richards have known each other, or even been related?

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes in and around Jennings (the famous - or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009). Frankie Richards would’ve been about 30 y.o. I think back in ‘86. With the disappearances being 30 years apart, probably unlikely to be connected, but who knows?

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something there - being that the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo

Last edited:
“A card in evidence that stated that Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks”

Who’s card? Where did the info on the card come from if ER now claims he’s never heard of Richard Franks? Maybe just some detective writing himself a note? Could he have gotten the name wrong?

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles away).

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes (the famous or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009. Frankie would’ve been about 30 I think back in ‘86.

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something to it, being as the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo
The card was in the files at the police department. These referenced the actual police reports which were disposed of in 1996 according to the Chiefs former secretary.
There was a man named Richard Franks that lived 2 miles away from Judy. I spoke to the woman he was married to at the time. He is now deceased. I believe that he was a scapegoat.

Warning! Possible rabbit hole! :

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles west of St. Martinville)

The last names aren’t exact, but could Eric Richard and Frankie Richards have known each other, or even been related?

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes in and around Jennings (the famous - or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009). Frankie Richards would’ve been about 30 y.o. I think back in ‘86. With the disappearances being 30 years apart, probably unlikely to be connected, but who knows?

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something there - being that the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo
I don’t think there are any ties to Frankie Richard other than the last name which is an extremely common Cajun name. Judy stayed closed to home and was always on foot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back