LA LA - Judy Ann Gary, 19, St. Martinville, 1 August 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Details of Disappearance that I Feel Need to be Clarified.​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986.
This is finally correct. The original reports approximated the date being August 1st. Judy Ann wasn't reported missing until 2015/2016. Chief Martin claims there were no reports to go on but there was a card in evidence that stated Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks. This report was made by Judy's husband Eric Richard. When he is questioned about it now he said he has no idea who that is and claims he never said that.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy.
Hospital Pharmacy Drug Store was small and family owned. I spoke to 3 of the women that worked there at the time of Judy's disappearance and NONE of them knew about it. One of the women even stated that she learned about the case in 2022 when the story was first aired on the news.

It sounds like ER’s big issue (from the 4th paragraph) is that he is stressed
(but mostly because he likes to know what’s going on)

“Why won’t they let her call?”
(seems to be a bit of a strawman argument/misdirection). Does he really think that the big problem here is just that somebody won’t let her call, no matter how badly she keeps wanting to?

“Come home and stop hanging out with those people she doesn’t know” Scolding. ER seems to be dropping smoke bombs every time he is interviewed

All jmo
I agree. He does enjoy his smoke bombs.

Details of Disappearance that I Feel Need to be Clarified.​

Gary was last seen in St. Martinville, Louisiana on August 2, 1986.
This is finally correct. The original reports approximated the date being August 1st. Judy Ann wasn't reported missing until 2015/2016. Chief Martin claims there were no reports to go on but there was a card in evidence that stated Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks. This report was made by Judy's husband Eric Richard. When he is questioned about it now he said he has no idea who that is and claims he never said that.

Pharmacy staff stated Gary got into a green four-door car after leaving the pharmacy.
Hospital Pharmacy Drug Store was small and family owned. I spoke to 3 of the women that worked there at the time of Judy's disappearance and NONE of them knew about it. One of the women even stated that she learned about the case in 2022 when the story was first aired on the news.
Warning! Possible rabbit hole! :

“A card in evidence that stated that Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks”

Who’s card? Where did the info on the card come from if ER now claims he’s never heard of Richard Franks? Maybe just some detective writing himself a note? Could he have gotten the name wrong?

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles west of St. Martinville)

The last names aren’t exact, but could Eric Richard and Frankie Richards have known each other, or even been related?

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes in and around Jennings (the famous - or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009). Frankie Richards would’ve been about 30 y.o. I think back in ‘86. With the disappearances being 30 years apart, probably unlikely to be connected, but who knows?

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something there - being that the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo

Last edited:
“A card in evidence that stated that Judy Ann Gary left on August 2, 1986 with a man named Richard Franks”

Who’s card? Where did the info on the card come from if ER now claims he’s never heard of Richard Franks? Maybe just some detective writing himself a note? Could he have gotten the name wrong?

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles away).

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes (the famous or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009. Frankie would’ve been about 30 I think back in ‘86.

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something to it, being as the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo
The card was in the files at the police department. These referenced the actual police reports which were disposed of in 1996 according to the Chiefs former secretary.
There was a man named Richard Franks that lived 2 miles away from Judy. I spoke to the woman he was married to at the time. He is now deceased. I believe that he was a scapegoat.

Warning! Possible rabbit hole! :

It is an interesting name, imo, because it is so similar to the name Frankie Richards, the notorious violent drug dealing pimp boss man in Jennings, LA (only about 45 miles west of St. Martinville)

The last names aren’t exact, but could Eric Richard and Frankie Richards have known each other, or even been related?

Frankie Richards died a few years ago, but he was rumored to have been the leader of a ring that might have been connected to the murders of 8 prostitutes in and around Jennings (the famous - or infamous, unsolved, Jennings 8 murders between 2005-2009). Frankie Richards would’ve been about 30 y.o. I think back in ‘86. With the disappearances being 30 years apart, probably unlikely to be connected, but who knows?

I admit it’s a pretty big leap, but I thought maybe there could be something there - being that the two towns are less than an hour apart, and on the same road. Could Judy be buried in Jennings?

All jmo
I don’t think there are any ties to Frankie Richard other than the last name which is an extremely common Cajun name. Judy stayed closed to home and was always on foot.

ISt. Martinville (Street Layer)SS.png

This is a map of St. Martinville where Judy went missing from.
There is no proof that she made it to Hospital Drugs (.3 miles away) the day she went missing.

In effort to catch people up to speed there are a few pretty significant crawfish holes (much like rabbit holes but much much muddier) I want to make everyone aware of.

Linden Lewis to Hamilton.png

This is a map that came in to play in the beginning of my investigation. Eric Richard's parents, Clarence & Betty Jo Richard bought property on Linden Lewis Rd in Youngsville, La in April 1985 after winning a lawsuit. They are Judy's in laws. They then obtained a permit to build/move trailer on their property at 231 Linden Lewis Rd in May 1985. (Lot A)
Judy became homesick and they almost immediately moved back closer to her family in Youngsville. They rented a home at 516 Lasalle St. this is where they lived when she disappeared.

The crawfish hole...
The Richard's neighbor was a sugarcane farmer named Kenry Lewis. Lewis is now serving life for murdering a Domino's pizza driver.
This lead was extensively researched after the police received a tip by her cousin.
I can elaborate if needed but it is not necessary.

I will post the next Crawfish Hole in another post to keep them separate.

Crawfish Hole #2

Judy and her sister Laura both dated Ronald James Letullier (DOB 8/21/1963).
Ronald was also in an on and off again relationship with Laura's sister in law.

I will try to explain this as best I can, cliff notes..

In a nutshell, he tried to rob a woman (Linda Badon) beat/stabbed her and left her for dead. They used to live together but I am unsure in what capacity, most likely a tenant. Then he covered her in leaves, yards away from her house, and lit the leaves on fire. She lived.
The next day he and his wife (who he met in jail in a GED class) went on a cocaine bender and stabbed an 88 year old man to death. Then, Ronald put him in his truck and then pushed him into the bayou for $300 in cash. He had just cashed his social security check.
Then they fled to Tennessee!

Ronald Letullier is currently serving a life sentence in Angola.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back