GUILTY LA - Kaitlin Aydell, 13, French Settlement, 1 Feb 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sleuthin4fun said:
I was on looking at Kaitlins myspace. Her best friend appears to be a little girl named Shayla. It looks like they were inseperable. At 13 I can not imagine the grief this girl must be going through. This will change her lifer forever. What a sad sad memory to carry with you into adulthood. Lets all pray for Shayla that the Lord will give her the comfort and strength she needs to get through. Love to Shayla!!!!
Oh my, this is so sad to read her friends saying their goodbyes. Thoughts and prayers w/ her family and friends.

family speaks out:

“She always had a smile on her face. She was a unique person who had her own personality and style. Her favorite color was pink. … Kaitlin loved everyone she met. Her cats, Stripes, Patches and Pierre, were her pride and joy. … Kaitlin was very athletic.

“She played basketball and softball and was known as ‘Legs’ on her fast pitch team. She also liked to be outdoors, playing football with her cousins, riding go-carts and 4-wheelers.”

more:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/5551746.html?index=17&c=y

“His girls are just devastated right now,” Bates said. “When they came to visit their father they would always go hang out with Kaitlin. I just hope for their sake, their daddy didn’t do it. That would be too much.”

OMG he has 14 yo twin girls who were also friends with Kaitlin.
I hope for their sake he is not guilty of this crime!!!

sleuthin4fun said:
“His girls are just devastated right now,” Bates said. “When they came to visit their father they would always go hang out with Kaitlin. I just hope for their sake, their daddy didn’t do it. That would be too much.”

OMG he has 14 yo twin girls who were also friends with Kaitlin.
I hope for their sake he is not guilty of this crime!!!

Yep, that part just got me too.

"SHAlA,
ii HOPE YOU,&& DANETTE && EVRY oNE iSNT MAD @ ME. BUT ii CANT EXPlAiN HOW MUCH ii FEEl FOR U && HER MOM. BUT ME MY MOM && MY OTHER FAmilY iN lA THAT lOOkED 4 HER HAS CRiED SO MUCH ii JUSS CANT iMAGiNE WAT U && THE ONES THAT WAS MOST ClOSEST 2 HER FEElS. ii HAVE NO WORDS ABOUT MY DAD iTS STill All A BlUR. ii CANT BEliEVE THiS HAS HAPPENED! SHE KNOWS SHE WAS lOVED BY MANY && SHE lOVED YOU! DONT EVER FORGET THAT. WEll iM AlWAYS HERE FOR YOU liTTlE ONE KAiTliN WOUlD liKE 2 HEAR THAT! i AM GONNA SEE U REAll SOON OKAY && iM GONNA TRY 2 STAY STRONG 4 YOU && KAiTliN! i lOVE YOU BOTH DONT EVER FORGET THAT....
KAiTliN MARiE AYDEll
i lOVE YOU
&& YOU Will BE SO MiSSED
BY SO MANY..
ii HOlD THE PICTURE OF U ME AND AlANDA SO ClOSE 2 MY HEART.
UR ARE ANGEl..

WE lOVE YOU SHAlA.. "

Found this post on Kaitlins best friends myspace. My guess is that this is from one of Mr. Lewis twin daughters. How sad!!!!!

richand famous, She is posting this message to Kaitlins friend Shayla. That is who she plans to see real soon.

Other people say they will see a loved one "soon" as they are saying their farewells, because the dead have no sense of time. It would be a "short" time for them before they see those still living. Am I making sense?

Have they arrested the sicko relative yet who likely did this?

He was arrested before the body was found because he was lying to the police etc. I believe they are waiting for the autopsy results to proceed with the investigation, if I am not mistaken?

LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) - The 13-year-old girl found dead last week was strangled, the Livingston Parish Sheriffs Office says

more:
http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6044440

LIVINGSTON — District Judge Wayne Ray Chutz set no bail for Mark Sterling Lewis during Tuesday morning’s jail call.

Lewis, a suspect in the death of a 13-year-old French Settlement girl, has been booked only with obstruction of justice, according to officials with the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office

more:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/5605876.html

this is so very sad that this poor little girl died the way she did, and probably at the hands of someone she never felt threated with. seems like if the man that was arrested has scratches on his face, to me, those are from her fighting him off, maybe they will clean out from under her fingernails for traces of skin tissue that might match his dna. how terribly sad this case is, makes me so sad and sick to my stomach.

sleuthin4fun said:
"SHAlA,
ii HOPE YOU,&& DANETTE && EVRY oNE iSNT MAD @ ME. BUT ii CANT EXPlAiN HOW MUCH ii FEEl FOR U && HER MOM. BUT ME MY MOM && MY OTHER FAmilY iN lA THAT lOOkED 4 HER HAS CRiED SO MUCH ii JUSS CANT iMAGiNE WAT U && THE ONES THAT WAS MOST ClOSEST 2 HER FEElS. ii HAVE NO WORDS ABOUT MY DAD iTS STill All A BlUR. ii CANT BEliEVE THiS HAS HAPPENED! SHE KNOWS SHE WAS lOVED BY MANY && SHE lOVED YOU! DONT EVER FORGET THAT. WEll iM AlWAYS HERE FOR YOU liTTlE ONE KAiTliN WOUlD liKE 2 HEAR THAT! i AM GONNA SEE U REAll SOON OKAY && iM GONNA TRY 2 STAY STRONG 4 YOU && KAiTliN! i lOVE YOU BOTH DONT EVER FORGET THAT....
KAiTliN MARiE AYDEll
i lOVE YOU
&& YOU Will BE SO MiSSED
BY SO MANY..
ii HOlD THE PICTURE OF U ME AND AlANDA SO ClOSE 2 MY HEART.
UR ARE ANGEl..

WE lOVE YOU SHAlA.. "

Found this post on Kaitlins best friends myspace. My guess is that this is from one of Mr. Lewis twin daughters. How sad!!!!!

Reading this just breaks my heart. How are his kids supposed to deal with this? I wonder if they even know about his other crime that he should have spent years in prison for. This guy is the devil himself. That he could do this to a little girl when he has kids the same age. I guess these perverts never give a though to how it will affect their own kids though. Reading that just makes me want to put my arms around that little girl and hug her close. Sad.

Bobbiesangel,

For anyone on here who is a Christian we believe that Kaitlin is in a much better place. Yes taken so soon but, harm can never come her way again. This little Shayla though just breaks my heart. The two of them appear to have had a very special relationship. They even looked alike. So very sad. Not a day will go by that she will not grieve for the loss of her friend. I would especially think that because of the way she died the grief would cut so much deeper. This monster has taken so much more away from Shayla than Kaitlin, he stole her innocence!!!!

FRENCH SETTLEMENT — Kaitlin M. Adyell was like any other 13-year-old growing up in this small Livingston Parish community until her life was ended by a killer last week.

Hundreds of mourners filled the sanctuary of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in French Settlement, overflowing the pews and extra chairs, for the funeral of the seventh-grader on Friday morning.

Her friends also visited her body Thursday night at the gymnasium of French Settlement Elementary School, across the street from French Settlement High where she was enrolled.

Kaitlin’s pale pink casket was closed and covered with a white cloth, or pall, during her Mass and memorial service.

more:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/5735806.html

LIVINGSTON, La. -- A man accused earlier of obstructing the investigation into the disappearance of a 13-year-old girl now faces a charge of killing the seventh-grader.

Mark Sterling Lewis, 39, was booked Saturday with second-degree murder, the Livingston Parish sheriff said. He already was being held in lieu of $500,000 bond on the obstruction of justice charge.

The murder charge was filed after the state police crime laboratory found evidence in Lewis' vehicle tying him to the death of Kaitlin Aydell, of French Settlement, whose body was found partially submerged in a remote bayou on Feb. 3, said Stan Carpenter, the sheriff's chief of detectives.

Carpenter would not discuss the evidence.

"We can't get into that," Carpenter said. "We are not going to put that out. All I can say is that we found evidence to substantiate that charge."

Livingston deputies booked Lewis on Feb. 2 with obstruction after accusing of giving false information to detectives questioning him about the girl's whereabouts following her disappearance. She was last seen on Feb. 1, leaving a school bus and walking toward home, authorities said.

An autopsy determined that Aydell had been strangled.

For the past two years, Lewis a mobile home in the rear of the victim's residence. He is related by marriage to a relative of the victim, investigators said.

Authorities said Lewis was convicted of kidnapping a woman in 1995 and served two years in prison.

A bond hearing on the murder charge was pending.

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6070418

can someone please help me understand.. what makes a grown man want to grab a young, innocent little girl and kill her? (or rape and kill her)..? i don't understand this phenomenon. i mean raping and killing a grown woman is bad enough, and i don't really understand that either. but taking a small defenseless little thing.......... i don't get it........?????
is the thrill really that incredible and irresistable that it's worth throwing away your life for it?

I can't answer that reb. I just don't understand it.

Why is he being charged with 2nd degree murder rather than 1st degree? Anyone know?

SewingDeb said:
I can't answer that reb. I just don't understand it.

Why is he being charged with 2nd degree murder rather than 1st degree? Anyone know?

I don't and it has been bothering me. Same as Catherine Woods death in New York. Why 2nd degree when it was premeditated? Both cases have evidence of dna and proximity so how does this play?

Need a lawyer to distinguish. Any good lawyers around?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55
Back