LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her refusal to cooperate with her parents was her way of protesting.
Your post reminded me of my rebellious time as a teen.

One evening I was watching my fav TV series, when my Dad found out I didn't do my homework for the next day.

And the rule was simple - first schoolwork, then entertainment.

He ordered me to go to my room and learn.
I refused.
So, he turned the tv off.

And guess what - I was soooo mad that I sat in this d***** armchair for 3 hours!
And nobody could watch tv.

Your post reminded me of my rebellious time as a teen.

One evening I was watching my fav TV series, when my Dad found out I didn't do my homework for the next day.

And the rule was simple - first schoolwork, then entertainment.

He ordered me to go to my room and learn.
I refused.
So, he turned the tv off.

And guess what - I was soooo mad that I sat in this d***** armchair for 3 hours!
And nobody could watch tv.

Exactly and if she was non verbal, which hasn't been confirmed, then her protests had to be in some physical expression. I'm still of the mindset that there is much more going on then we may ever know. The social media posts about her and her photos show a different child than what her parents have (per reports) said about her. JMO

Two parents charged with murder after their daughter allegedly spent years malnourished on a couch are now out on bond.

On Monday, a grand jury indicted Sheila and Clay Fletcher for second-degree murder in the death of 36-year-old Lacey Fletcher. They turned themselves in and were booked into the East Feliciana Parish Jail that same afternoon.

According to Sheriff Jeff Travis, Sheila and Clay Fletcher's bonds were set at $300,000 each Tuesday afternoon. Both tried to bond out Tuesday night, but they were not able to secure enough money for their combined release.

The sheriff said Wednesday morning that Sheila was able to bond out overnight. Jail records said her husband Clay was released on bond late Wednesday morning.

Parents booked for daughter's murder released from jail; victim spent years rotting away on couch

A couple more photos/information here.
Grand Jury indicts parents after disabled daughter left to die on couch for 12 years
Featured-Image-40.png

Featured-Image-39.png

Fletcher’s friends from grade school reached out to Unfiltered with Kiran and wanted to make it known that Lacey was not someone who stayed to herself always. She had friends, had a life, played sports with her friends and was ‘normal.’

One friend in particular said she could remember Lacey always emailing her music videos she loved and the Disney rides. “She loved music, especially Country music!! Loved Disney world! Talked about it all of the time!!! She would send us emails all the time about how much she loved it and would send us videos of all the rides she loved! We have emails from her up until 2014,” said her friend Tina Head.
I looked back at [her mother's FB] page one time and the last time she had posted a picture of her was back in 2011, I believe.

Another friend, Allison Falcon said, “We went to a small, private school with Lacey from kindergarten to 9th grade. Lacey was far from nonverbal and immobile during those years. While she did have some learning differences, which was later diagnosed as autism, she had friends, played on a volleyball team and bowling league, had slumber parties, loved going to Disney, and most of all loved music, especially country music and Mariah Carey. She had an outstanding memory and could recite so many facts.”

Lacey was darling! The pictures hit me in the gut.

I don't live in the USA so I'm not acquainted with Am school system, but I understood that Lacey finished one phase of education at the age 15/16.

So she was about to start a high school, right?

Maybe that was a problem, she felt good in a small private school with nice classmates but going to a new school and meeting new people made her anxious.

Is there even a high school in her neighbourhood?

Question… why did she feel safe on the couch? Not in her bedroom? Afraid to go to bathroom? What happened all of a sudden to her at age 16? I don’t buy parents stories. How long was her hair nails toenails, did they ever cut them? And at 16 she would have monthly periods, no diapers? I have nightmares from this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95