UNSOLVED LA - Living Wht Male, 25-35, hitchhiking, possibly from KCK, Aug'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
madamx, I don't hear Southern; don't hear an accent at all. If he received a good deal of speech therapy, any accent will reflect his therapists more than of his family or region. Broadly Midwestern?

Maybe coach Jacob through one of these:

What's Your Regional Dialect?

since merely being taller than most of the world's population hasn't helped identify this gentleman!

Kudos to the Good Samaritan family opening their home to this traveler!
Maybe these type of questions could help narrow down where he is from:

1. What is your favorite food/meal
2. What is your favorite restaurant
3. Does it snow where you live?
4. What do you like to watch on TV?
5. What is the name of your school?
6. What is the name of your church?
7. What is your teacher's name?
8. What is your doctor's name?
9. Where does your grandma live?

Stuff like this.
Maybe he was living with an older relative that became incapacitated? (Or perhaps I'm thinking of the movie "Nell" with Jodie Foster). ; )

Close up of his face for better comparison

40614325_2207745149504356_5339867950750892032_n.png

and Appeal by Kansas Police - We are requesting the public's assistance in identifying the pictured individual.

40410013_10155554594551128_9095646916426858496_n.jpg

Kansas City Kansas Police Department - KCKPD

So he walked all the way from Kansas City to Oklahoma (where he was picked up by couple) and his original plan was to continue walking to Dallas, Texas.

Couple took him to Louisiana, where they live. Appart of toy guns in his possession he had also empty candy wrappers.

madamx, I don't hear Southern; don't hear an accent at all. If he received a good deal of speech therapy, any accent will reflect his therapists more than of his family or region. Broadly Midwestern?

Maybe coach Jacob through one of these:

What's Your Regional Dialect?

since merely being taller than most of the world's population hasn't helped identify this gentleman!

Kudos to the Good Samaritan family opening their home to this traveler!
Yeah your right I was listening to the video again.. I think it's the old guy with the beard that has the accent. I was confusing w the kid. Now that I looked at the video 2 more times Iam noticing different. Again Iam from NYC Queens we got our own thing going on here .. I should not talk about accents ! hahaha

That struck me as weird too. In the video, they're just hanging out and joking around when presumably someone, somewhere, is very worried about him? If he just wandered off in OK he might not have been entered into NAMUS yet.

Yeah I have to say the whole thing is a bit odd. So these people were in Oklahoma and the found him and he said he came from Kansas (but we don't know where) and he was going to Texas but is now in Louisiana with the people that found him.. Well god bless these people because I would be concerned about bringing some 6 '5 young stranger into my house that I know nothing about no matter how autistic or harmless he looked?! But that is just me... I guess reading about the guy in San Fransico that was found handless and headless in the fish tank after letting some strangers live with him kind of put that thought in my head just now. I guess I have this fresh in my mind CA - Headless & Hands-less body fnd in fish tank, homeowner missing, San Francisco, 15 Aug 2018

Last edited:
Close up of his face for better comparison

40614325_2207745149504356_5339867950750892032_n.png

and Appeal by Kansas Police - We are requesting the public's assistance in identifying the pictured individual.

40410013_10155554594551128_9095646916426858496_n.jpg

So he walked all the way from Kansas City to Oklahoma (where he was picked up by couple) and his original plan was to continue walking to Dallas, Texas.

Couple took him to Louisiana, where they live. Appart of toy guns in his possession he had also empty candy wrappers.
Toy guns and candy wrappers.
This really breaks my heart.
Maybe someone just got tired of the responsibility and left him on the highway. I pray there is someone who cares enough to look for him.
We are the only “civilized” nation (U.S.), that throws people away. Others treat taking care of family members with special needs as a duty and honor.

I think there is a good possibility that this young man may well be from a "group home" for developmentally challenged people. Just not reported missing. That could be for several reasons. One of the reasons could be that the home does not want to lose the money the State pays for their care and housing, which is not a small amount of money.

There is a case on the Missouri side beginning to work it's way through the Courts right now that is beyond tragic right here on WS. The young man was killed last September and just reported missing in April of this year. Several layers of records were falsified all the way up into the State that he was being checked on when in fact he was not.

Found Deceased - MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, 17 April 2017

This young man belongs somewhere. He does not seem malnourished or outward signs of lack of care. Other than his overbite his teeth seem to be in good shape. Something just doesn't add up in this case. I do believe the State both KS and MO need to do a complete check to make sure everyone is where they should be.

JMO

Any updates? I was curious in the flyer it says he is a white male. He looks like he could be native American, hispanic or possibly another ethnicity. I really don't know, but would listing him as the wrong ethnicity make it harder to identify him. If he is listed missing in one state as another race could that cause him to be not considered a match? If his age range is off would that have a similar effect? A missing 6'5 mentally challenged male who appears to be in good health, would stand out on size alone.

Any updates? I was curious in the flyer it says he is a white male. He looks like he could be native American, hispanic or possibly another ethnicity. I really don't know, but would listing him as the wrong ethnicity make it harder to identify him. If he is listed missing in one state as another race could that cause him to be not considered a match? If his age range is off would that have a similar effect? A missing 6'5 mentally challenged male who appears to be in good health, would stand out on size alone.

Agree! This lad looks as if he could be a beautiful blend of perhaps native american, hispanic, and caucasian. I also believe his stature should certainly make him easily identifiable! (But I guess not?!) Contacting reservations should not be ruled out. If he isn't missing from a group home, then perhaps he was living with an elderly relative that fell ill? This one really pulls at my heart strings. I think it was the toy guns and candy that really did me in. Someone loves him enough to buy him those little toys and treats.

Agree! This lad looks as if he could be a beautiful blend of perhaps native american, hispanic, and caucasian. I also believe his stature should certainly make him easily identifiable! (But I guess not?!) Contacting reservations should not be ruled out. If he isn't missing from a group home, then perhaps he was living with an elderly relative that fell ill? This one really pulls at my heart strings. I think it was the toy guns and candy that really did me in. Someone loves him enough to buy him those little toys and treats.

BBM, the state of Kansas includes 4 reservations.

Many years ago a colleague's wife went to Chetopa, Kansas to stay with his Aunt. They were having a baby, he was part Native American & wanted the child to have full tribal rights. Not sure where the baby was to be born, currently Chetopa does not seem to have an IHS facility.

Checking the map, LaBette County borders Oklahoma. I don't remember my friend's tribe, but Osage Nation is logical from the geography.

Osage Nation

This unidentified young man may not be able to tell how long he was in Kansas City, Kansas.

Kansas City, Kansas is in Wyandotte County. The Wyandot Nation's reported home on the "Net is KCK:

Wyandot Nation of Kansas Website

(website has some age...)

Anyone willing to contact these offices?

Here's who I think needs to be contacted. Why doesn't KCKPD have a freakin' email address to send this to? They need to be the ones to contact these PD offices to get some legit attention and action.

KIKAPOO TRIBE - Horton, Kansas
Horton, Kansas - Kikapoo
824 111th Drive
Horton, KS 66439
Phone: (785) 486-2131
Fax: (785) 486-2801
Toll Free : 1-877-864-2746
Horton Police Department: (785)486-2694

PRAIRIE BAND POTAWATOMI - Mayetta, Kansas
16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 • Toll Free 877.715.6789
Prairie Band Potawatomi Tribal Police - (785)966-3024

SAC AND FOX NATION - Reserve, Kansas
Main Office
305 North Main Street
Reserve, KS 66434
Office: 785-742-7471
FAX: (unless noted individually) 785-742-3785
Jackson County Sherriff - 785-364-2251 or Potawatomi Tribal Police at 785-966-3024

If anyone can find an email for KCKPD I will email this to them!

Last edited:
Here's who I think needs to be contacted. Why doesn't KCKPD have a freakin' email address to send this to? They need to be the ones to contact these PD offices to get some legit attention and action.

KIKAPOO TRIBE - Horton, Kansas
Horton, Kansas - Kikapoo
824 111th Drive
Horton, KS 66439
Phone: (785) 486-2131
Fax: (785) 486-2801
Toll Free : 1-877-864-2746
Horton Police Department: (785)486-2694

PRAIRIE BAND POTAWATOMI - Mayetta, Kansas
16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 • Toll Free 877.715.6789
Prairie Band Potawatomi Tribal Police - (785)966-3024

SAC AND FOX NATION - Reserve, Kansas
Main Office
305 North Main Street
Reserve, KS 66434
Office: 785-742-7471
FAX: (unless noted individually) 785-742-3785
Jackson County Sherriff - 785-364-2251 or Potawatomi Tribal Police at 785-966-3024

If anyone can find an email for KCKPD I will email this to them!

Here is a facebook page that has an email listed.

Just FYI, Oklahoma doesn't have reservations (Dawes Act). There are 39 federally recognized tribes in the state, too. Most were permanently, forcefully relocated to Oklahoma.

It has the third-largest number of active tribes in the nation, behind California and Alaska.

Though, the Osage Nation does own the actual mineral rights to the land they live on — something the gov't restricted most tribes from doing. So nearly all of Osage County is considered a reservation by many, including several tribal leaders.

Also just FYI: The majority of Native Americans in the United States don't live on reservations. For example, Kansas has four reservations, but it's home to 25 different, federally recognized tribes.

Last edited:
Just FYI, Oklahoma doesn't have reservations (Dawes Act). There are 39 federally recognized tribes in the state, too. Most were permanently, forcefully relocated to Oklahoma.

It has the third-largest number of active tribes in the nation, behind California and Alaska.

Though, the Osage Nation does own the actual mineral rights to the land they live on — something the gov't restricted most tribes from doing. So nearly all of Osage County is considered a reservation by many, including several tribal leaders.

Also just FYI: The majority of Native Americans in the United States don't live on reservations. For example, Kansas has four reservations, but it's home to 25 different, federally recognized tribes.
Great info; thank you! Hopefully the four tribe contacts I provided to KCKPD can be a hub to communicate out to a broader network. I certainly do think he appears to have native heritage. Now I am going to research which tribe tends to have tall people!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back