LA LA - Margaret Coon, 41, Mandeville, 19 Feb 1987

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping

Gone South

In 1987, a former prosecutor named Margaret Coon took her dog for a walk in one of Louisiana’s safest and most affluent parishes. The next morning, she was found dead on the side of the road with a single stab wound in her back. St. Tammany Parish advertises itself as a safe haven from the crime and corruption of New Orleans, attracting thousands of residents over the last several decades. But there is a darker side to St. Tammany and that darkness ultimately consumed Margaret Coon. Welcome to Gone South Season 1: Who Killed Margaret Coon? Over the course of this documentary podcast series from C13Originals, a Cadence13 studio, journalist Jed Lipinski investigates the theories and motives surrounding Margaret Coon’s unsolved murder, shedding new light on a bewildering crime that has haunted St. Tammany for over 34 years.

Bumping

Gone South

In 1987, a former prosecutor named Margaret Coon took her dog for a walk in one of Louisiana’s safest and most affluent parishes. The next morning, she was found dead on the side of the road with a single stab wound in her back. St. Tammany Parish advertises itself as a safe haven from the crime and corruption of New Orleans, attracting thousands of residents over the last several decades. But there is a darker side to St. Tammany and that darkness ultimately consumed Margaret Coon. Welcome to Gone South Season 1: Who Killed Margaret Coon? Over the course of this documentary podcast series from C13Originals, a Cadence13 studio, journalist Jed Lipinski investigates the theories and motives surrounding Margaret Coon’s unsolved murder, shedding new light on a bewildering crime that has haunted St. Tammany for over 34 years.

I have listened to this podcast. So many characters to keep track of. As I've listened to each episode, I realized it could have literally been anyone. Margaret seemed to have lived a very messy life. It's sad that this case is has never been solved and that her father never saw justice for his daughter.

Margaret Coon was fatally stabbed in 1987 while walking her dog in her gated subdivision.

LINK:

Who killed Nanette Krentel? Unsolved death joins other mysterious north shore cases

I finally listened to the latest episode of this podcast. So many people to keep track of. It's also hard to follow because of the constant flashbacks to Margaret's earlier marriages and husbands, etc. I will have to listen to it all over again because I know I have probably missed quite a bit. But now as I'm reviewing the episodes [in my head] of this podcast, I feel that it was unnecessary and possibly quite risky to use the real names of some of these people that I would consider victims. We live in a crazy world where anyone's address, etc. is available with the click of the Internet. We know there's a killer that was never brought to justice...and not only that....any unbalanced person might decide to stalk some of these people. I just wish he wouldn't have used their real names. At least I think it's their real names.

Most likely a massive reach, but:

Does anyone know where Pat Currie was in 1977? Christa Helms was killed in Los Angeles in 1977 in a stabbing in the street. Patty Collins, a female lover was a suspect that quickly disappeared. Not much was known about her prior, either.

The Los Angeles Years — Who Killed Christa Helm?

"Patty Collins remains one of the key suspects in Christa’s murder, but little is known about her either before or since the events of February 12, 1977. Collins disappeared without a trace directly on the heels of her murder and has never been found or questioned.

What we’ve been told is this: Apparently, Christa moved out of her lavish home that was financed by Stuart Duncan by 1976, and began living in a two-story loft on Franklin Ave. and Kings Rd. Known as the Red House (for its predominantly red interior décor), she shared the space with Patty Collins. She and Collins apparently began a sexual relationship. Collins is thought to have been the same age or slightly younger than Christa (25 or 26 years of age).

Accounts of Patty vary among the people who met and knew her.

Screen+Shot+2018-02-08+at+5.09.50+PM+copy.jpg

Patty Collins.

“I dated Patty for a little while,” says the band mate who wishes to remain anonymous. “We even visited her parents one time at their home somewhere east of Los Angeles.” This source has no memory of Patty’s background or any other identifiable details. “The first time we had sex,” the source continues, “we were downstairs and we could hear Christa [being intimate with other bandmates] upstairs in her room. This didn’t seem to affect Patty in the least. Contrary to later reports, there seemed to be no jealousy at all between Patty and Christa.“

Another source we spoke with - a popular music agent at the time - remembers Patty differently. By the time he began a fling with Christa, she had moved out of the Red House with Patty, but their complicated relationship continued. "

Does anyone remember a murder that happened at Fontainebleau Sate Park in 1987?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back