LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she made it to Circle K and didn't go in there. That tells me she didn't know anyone was following her.

I was just looking at your pictures/urls (I am new so I am trying to catch up). IMO this is obviously the same truck...running boards, tinted windows, style---I'm not a big believer in coincidences. But two things I'm not sure have been brought up (I am working my way through all the threads, I promise)---the same black car is at the gas station. The person is pumping gas in the one picture. The white car is there and gone. Could there be surveillance of these two cars (or credit card receipts of that time to contact those people). Maybe they followed the truck after they left...or saw it or maybe they have done this and I missed it?!

Also, it looks as though the tailgate is down on the picture of the truck going left (sorry...not sure what the directions are yet...still confused on the area) and the tailgate is up on the one going right. Could you tell me which picture was first?! Thank you!

Can someone tell me what they think they see in this picture? (Lifted it from thread #10). I'm trying to follow Shelly's line of thinking from that thread but not succeeding. View attachment 22850

i cant see anything : ( im trying to see what they see, but just cant for some reason? i know youre saying its in the shadows with no lights on, but is there anyways someone can draw an outline around this vehicle so i can see it? i mean i saw the black triangle someone else put around where i was supposed to be looking, but i still saw nothing.

Is it possible, that Mickey sensed someone following her after she was last seen in front of the Circle K, turned into the large parking lot, went around in a circle with him following her?

Attachments

• turnaround1.jpg
    turnaround1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 25
I just feel that Patterson bringing up this story about a man propositioning her in a white truck 2 months after the fact and calling the news since she wasn't able to get through to the tip line seems a little fishy to me. More-so as a cry for attention than something that is relative to this case. That's just my opinion.

If you haven't seen Patterson's video interview with KATC-TV, it is linked below.

http://www.katc.com/videos/woman-says-she-may-have-been-picked-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/

I've been following this story since the beginning and this is a very informative site. Keep up the good work. :newhere: :greetings:

:welcome4:

i figured Wisdom would be bursting at the seams.

Yeah, didn't take long. When they decided to move there, I thought it was smart leaving BW's house b/c the parking there was horrendous. People would come drive up to drop off cases of water, bags of ice, etc. only to find themselves blocked in by others who'd parked up and down the narrow road. And Wisdom was so generous to offer their space, but I knew the parking would be an issue there too. Luckily since school was out the lot across the street was vacant and they marked some spots off for donation drop off only. Still, Blackham provides MUCH more space, where everyone can fit indoors, and with real restrooms instead of the porta potties that we were supposed to use at BW's house, and lots more parking.

Thanks and I agree. Could be someone playing games, too. He followed with saying to check "the bayou that runs along ko dupuis road, 70517".

Looks like there is a body of water at the end of K O Dupuis Road, 70517.

Is there a reason I don't see many posts about someone possibly after her (that she knew on some level)? There is always one person who hates the person everyone loves. Sad but true. In my mind, it's either that or someone who has done it before or has very good planning skills. Didn't she often ride this path home---enough that her path would be known by someone else as well?!
I get the sense some of the sleuths here would like to go in that direction (acquaintance-friend) if there wasn't soooooo many locals (SO AWESOME BTW) here and people actively involved in the search efforts. I don't think you all realize how refreshing that is.
With that being said, at the start that would probably be the highest statistical probability and IMO, still the most likely. Wouldn't have to explain much else except she knew the person, accepted a ride and things went bad. Every other theory requires several foils to work out some of the kinks. Like many of these cases, we work with the bare bones of the story and have little to no backdrop to work with and in the end you work with what you have.
In so many ways the locals are running this thread! (inmates running the asylum!) ;)

Well, not all sexual predators abduct. Some prey on those around them...relatives, neighbors, etc. But we do know that another young lady was approached just a day or two before Mickey's disappearance. The man offered her a ride and later offered her money for sex.

I don't know of any other missing persons in Lafayette. But I think the smooth operation of this disappearance shows a person who has, at least, plotted something out...or thought about the things he would need to do to complicate LE finding him.
Facts: that young lady was Tasha Patterson. a Man in a white truck approached her nearly two months ago. Not a day or so ago.

Please help me "unconfise" here. The pic of MS on Versailles, is she turning left on to St. John from Versailles? That seems wrong to me to get to St. Landry. I just tried to take the route on google maps and I am lost! I even drove it today and confused the hell out of myself. (yep, born and raised here, 30+ years).

Second, how did we get to Courville Road? Did I miss a post?

TIA

Please help me "unconfuse" here. The pic of MS on Versailles, is she turning left on to St. John from Versailles? That seems wrong to me to get to St. Landry. I just tried to take the route on google maps and I am lost! I even drove it today and confused the hell out of myself. (yep, born and raised here, 30+ years).

TIA

Edited to correct spelling of made-up word

Are you finding this on Facebook?

No, a forum. I've asked for further clarification but no answer. As I said, could be psychic BS, someone playing around, or it could be someone who saw something. No way to know and it's upsetting! I'm on pins and needles over all this.

Facts: that young lady was Tasha Patterson. a Man in a white truck approached her nearly two months ago. Not a day or so ago.

Yes...i got the time wrong. I didn't say a day or two ago...but a day or two before Mickey's disappearance. So instead of a couple weeks ago, I should have said a couple months ago. Otherwise, the incident reportedly happened. Some people are questioning it, however.

Please help me "unconfise" here. The pic of MS on Versailles, is she turning left on to St. John from Versailles? That seems wrong to me to get to St. Landry. I just tried to take the route on google maps and I am lost! I even drove it today and confused the hell out of myself. (yep, born and raised here, 30+ years).

TIA

No. She would be turning right onto st John which turns into st Landry south of university.

No, a forum. I've asked for further clarification but no answer. As I said, could be psychic BS, someone playing around, or it could be someone who saw something. No way to know and it's upsetting! I'm on pins and needles over all this.

Can we get a link??

LOL...at least people are reading these posts closely. If you make an error, they will let you know!

Its late here so perhaps its bed time. A fresh start in the morning might help my perspective....

I just feel that Patterson bringing up this story about a man propositioning her in a white truck 2 months after the fact and calling the news since she wasn't able to get through to the tip line seems a little fishy to me. More-so as a cry for attention than something that is relative to this case. That's just my opinion.

If you haven't seen Patterson's video interview with KATC-TV, it is linked below.

http://www.katc.com/videos/woman-says-she-may-have-been-picked-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/

I've been following this story since the beginning and this is a very informative site. Keep up the good work. :newhere: :greetings:

I found out today that this exact thing happened to a girl I know, but she did NOT get in the truck. She was riding her bike in the same exact area (I think she used to live at the corner of Univ/st. John). Her mother is in hysterics.

after Katrina in this state, we have employed a huge labor force to rebuild. Virtually everyone I know has hired labor that must go through a background check. Many people who are having their homes rebuilt from Katrina or Gustav or Rita have employed help. I know many people who have 'accidentally hired' people with criminal backgrounds. Just FYI. The rebuilding is not complete; the transients are still here.

The transient population that relocated to Lafayette permanently after Katrina from New Orleans that is of concern to LE and locals, IMO, are not the contractors and workers as much as it is the ones who roam the streets day and night with little to do, looking for trouble. The population of Lafayette (and surrounding areas) pre- to post- Katrina rose by ~15K, I have been told.

I found out today that this exact thing happened to a girl I know, but she did NOT get in the truck. She was riding her bike in the same exact area (I think she used to live at the corner of Univ/st. John). Her mother is in hysterics.

Jeez. Could she give a description? Connected to this case or not, this creep needs to be caught.

Really....how did she describe the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne