LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me "unconfise" here. The pic of MS on Versailles, is she turning left on to St. John from Versailles? That seems wrong to me to get to St. Landry. I just tried to take the route on google maps and I am lost! I even drove it today and confused the hell out of myself. (yep, born and raised here, 30+ years).

Second, how did we get to Courville Road? Did I miss a post?

TIA

Courville Rd was some cryptic post made on another forum.

I thought Mickey went down Parkside to Versaille to St John to St Landry. I figured it was to avoid the dark and spooky Parkside, and Versaille to University would have put her on a busy road (Uni).

The transient population that relocated to Lafayette permanently after Katrina from New Orleans that is of concern to LE and locals, IMO, are not the contractors and workers as much as it is the ones who roam the streets day and night with little to do, looking for trouble. The population of Lafayette (and surrounding areas) pre- to post- Katrina rose by ~15K, I have been told.

Which led to much worse traffic than we'd had before and poor cell phone reception. :banghead:

I have a question. If people PERPS had been following BW and MS for a while, could they have a sophisticated way of tracing calls between them? Is technology getting to the point that people outside phone companies can access and stalk through cell lines?

I did not speak to her directly so I could not ask a lot of questions. I do know that they have not called in the tip as of yet. I am trying to convince them that they need to. I will try to get more description tomorrow.

LOL...at least people are reading these posts closely. If you make an error, they will let you know!

Its late here so perhaps its bed time. A fresh start in the morning might help my perspective....

FWIW, it wouldn't shock me either if there was some connection. As you said earlier, odds are there isn't, but at the same time, wouldn't be shocked.

Street view didn't show a whole lot more b/c you can't go down courville road. It's shows a dead end sign, but if you back out again and follow courville---it's not a dead end right away. Do you know if this is close to the area of the bike at all?

I can figure out who lives, there I will research it- obviously won't post the name here, but if it's a lead I'll give you guys a heads up.

On the other side of the street from that Jetta are car headlights; there is a car truning rt onto versailles from the intersection of parkside and versailles. A car MS could have seen when traveling toward it from the other side of parkside; a car she was trying to avoid meeting head on.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the car seen following Mickey had its headlights OFF. The illumination seen comes from the car's brake lights.

Which led to much worse traffic than we'd had before and poor cell phone reception. :banghead:

It's funny ... My friends always ask me how I can stand the traffic in Houston and I laugh at them. Of course we actually live in the burbs of Houston but still. Houston ain't got nothin' on the traffic in Lafayette.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the car seen following Mickey had its headlights OFF. The illumination seen comes from the car's brake lights.

Who saw this car? Are we talking about speculation stemming from that picture?

And more crime and less-safe streets.

My kids were n Lafayette High at the time. The stories would set your hair on end. Gang colors and graffiti, kids afraid to walk the halls between during class periods for a restroom run, officers posted on campus, a fundamental change in a decent school to accommodate a much harder and dangerous element of student.

I found out today that this exact thing happened to a girl I know, but she did NOT get in the truck. She was riding her bike in the same exact area (I think she used to live at the corner of Univ/st. John). Her mother is in hysterics.
please please if this is true call it into the tipline. if it is the same guy, maybe she can give a description to LE. super duper important that you let someone know!

edit to add : dont wait on your friend to call it in! call LE and tell them who your friend is! a clue this big (once again if it really happened) could be the break they need.

I marked the area in this picture where you can faintly see a vehicle following her, this is a better view.

Can somebody please look at the image mamamia54 posted with this (back at post #32 this thread) and tell me whether there's any chance that is someone standing OUTSIDE the dark car, on the driver's side, sort of bent over?

Probably not -- it wouldn't be the first time I've seen things in all these pics that probably aren't there! -- but just want a few other pairs of eyes to check.

ETA: OK, maybe not driver's side -- more clearly: on the side of the car next to the curb

OK, so I have the name of the guy who lives at that second house on the right with the white truck. Can't really find anything on him though. Any ideas anyone??

ok this is where i get weirded out about brettlys bike again. it WAS only a matter of hours between when it was stolen and when it was found shoved in some bushes (that is of course if it was stolen the day bike lafayette reported it missing which was May 9th). i have the link to the facebook conversation where the guy that found it tells bike lafayette about it. so strange. i cant help but feel that its somehow connected. just such a strange coincidence to me.

:moo:
I don't think so but does that really matter? She was seen on st Landry across from the circle k.

Maybe not, but we don't really have a time stamp on these. Though if she is on Versailles turning left somewhere, it could indicate that she some how headed back to BW's and that was actually taken after the Circle K pic. I just can't figure out the left from Versailles anywhere on her route.

This pic has her going the wrong way! OMG! I don't know how to upload a picture! I have the street view up on google maps. I have the speed sign at my bottom right next to the electrical pole. This has her going back the way she would have just came. Ugh. I am so tired. Maybe I am just confusing myself.

ETA: if she turning left, it would be on to Parkside to University

so I am on the delivery vehicle, service industry path. IF MS would have gone Brashear to Johnston Street, there is a popular shopping place behind a hospice. alberstons; walgreens is on the corner of south college and johnston right there where Tasha Patterson said she was 'abducted'. Anyway, there are several restaurants in this mall; chinese at one end near the hospice, a BBQ place. This BBQ gets their prok, beef, turkey delivered from the farms around here. and goes in back of the building in a field where they BBq eevrything themselves. has anyone thought these delivery trucks could be coming and going from that place at 2 am? would explain truck in vicinity of both Tasha and MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129