LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That truck was first spotted turning onto University, no? And then later spotted going down University towards I-10. Or was the University pic taken first? I thought the truck was spotted turning onto University (in turn lane) at 1:48 and on University at 1:51?

I'm honestly not certain, and at this point in the investigation I don't want to mislead, this is all important right now.

I don't think we have an exact time stamp from the photo on St. Landry in the turning lane, but yes. According to LE, same truck going from St. Landry in the left-hand turning lane, up University.

The truck looked to me to be past the turn lane but what do I know?
That's what has me so confused though. Wasn't MS waiting to cross University when she was pictured at 1:48AM?

Remember not all drivers that are DUI are completely wasted. 2-3 beers buys you legally over the limit but for many people I know, they are not intoxicated at that point. Also, not all DUI is alcohol. Functioning drug addicts on RX drugs could have been thinking/acting normal buy knew if LE did a blood or urine drug screen, they would have charges.

First time poster. I've been with you since thread #7. Amazing community of amazing individuals you've got here. It's an amazing idea to pool resources that would otherwise go to waste.

I must agree with GulfCoastKat. More drivers than ever are driving with illegal Rx pills in their system. Louisiana(probably most states) do not play about their DUI and vehiclular manslaughter/homicide charges.

I remember several cases where someone's past drug use put them away for serious time. For example, a pot smoker who hasn't lit up since two days ago or a pill addict who is functioning as if they were prescribed the medication, could accidentaly through no real fault of their own, get into a crash and had the book thrown at them. These people could be completely sober, and yet their negligent vehicular manslaughter charge just became a vehicular homicide charge with maximum penalty sought. This gives huge "incentive" to someone to cover up or run from an accident. I know this theory is long out the window, but just wanted to chime in.

I think the Z71 will be almost impossible to find. I can think of several people off the top of my head who own them. I was really hoping the Olds would lead somewhere. Although, it does seem like info is being withheld, which is why I came across your site on google.

Thanks again everyone. Sorry for any typos. Using an iPhone.

Sounds like it could be a PHI chopper...which are primarily used for transporting Oil & Gas personnel to and from rig locations inland and offshore.

Thinking outloud here: perhaps there is some credence to the theory of the offshore worker? Perhaps, even, (caution: the following conjecture may make some of you uncomfortable) a body has been located in the vicinity of, or along the route to, a shorebase, and an identification is needed? That's one theory.

I'm also curious about the blackmail theory posed here upthread.

Or perhaps there is some non-public evidence which has led LE to an as-of-yet undisclosed location in the search?

Can anyone tell us more about the helicopter story?

ETA: N/M, I now see that it was a pre-planned event.

I just don't see LE borrowing a PHi helicopter when they have the State police chopper at their disposal right now.

"It's a four-door, white, Chevy Z-71 that the police think is a newer model."

Here's a pic of a 4 dr z71.

Attachments

• 4dr z71.jpg
    4dr z71.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 48
Apparently we aren't the only ones confused about the truck. lol.

from Advertiser live chat:

2:02 [Comment From Anne Anne: ]
The truck that is still a VOI, is it a 2 door or a 4 door truck? Any idea of the make/model, or just that it's a z71 package truck?
Wednesday May 30, 2012 2:02 Anne
2:03 AmandaMcElfresh: Anne: It's a four-door, white, Chevy Z-71 that the police think is a newer model.

Comment just posted on the live chat by the Advertiser reporter:

"Anne: It's a four-door, white, Chevy Z-71 that the police think is a newer model."

from the advertiser chat regarding the truck:
AmandaMcElfresh:
It's a four-door, white, Chevy Z-71 that the police think is a newer model.

The truck looked to me to be past the turn lane but what do I know?
That's what has me so confused though. Wasn't MS waiting to cross University when she was pictured at 1:48AM?
No, she was already past University on St. Landry.

What is confusing me the most is that in the pic, I can't really see the white outline surrounding the back window...so I was thinking it was maybe a truck like this, but with a toolbox or rack or something on the back:

That is where I am getting confused too. I can't tell for sure if its an extended cab or just a regular single cab with some sort of black tool box thing in the bed.

I think somebody mentioned we need imaging software to maybe lighten up the black dark area to maybe show more details of that area to prrove it one way or the other.

I am not convinced yet, as to me, it sure looks like it could be some sort of box right behind a single cab, but that is JMO. It just doesnt look like a rear window to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3