LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time post, be easy on me. I have recently started noticing every white vehicle around me and noticed this one today. Sorry if you guys have ruled it out already. Of course not this exact one, but something close. What made me think about it is that it also has writing on the side like a Z71.

Did I attach it correctly?

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 65
Yes oh my goodness everyone! There are two pics of the truck in question. See pic attached.

If I understand today's info correctly, the cops are saying those are not the same truck. The member here (waldolo or something like that) said he broke down the images and ALL THREE white trucks were the same truck.

I don't know what to think.

Twice I asked whether or not Forensics was able to salvage a usable sample of the tire tracks found at the site, and no answer. Makes me wonder if she was told by someone to not stray from the official LE line, in revelation of facts relevant to the case.
The reporters hadn't even heard of tire tracks at the bike scene.

2:08 Comment From Kelley
It id rumored there were tire tracks found at whiskey bay. Is this true?

2:09 AmandaMcElfresh:
Kelley: Haven't heard anything about tire tracks, but the police do think that the person got off the exit and dropped off the bike, rather than throw it from the bridge, so there might be some tracks around.
Less than 10% :)

She thinks?? What is the point of this Q&A if she doesn't know any definitive answers?? All it does is create more rumor and confusion, imo.

That seems like kind of a standard LE response when they don't have a body, a murder confession, or massive amounts of blood (as in Michelle Le's case in CA). They keep the possibility that she's alive because they don't have proof that she's dead.

This is moving too fast for me guys!! Between a toddler and work I'm always a few pages (or threads) behind :) would anyone be kind enough to message me or direct me to the best place to play catch up with today's happenings?

Ok...I just saved the two truck pics to my desktop and then blew them up to 400%...uuummm...there is someone outside of the truck standing next to it in the first picture. Looks like possibly a heavier woman...black pants and grey/blue shirt untucked...perhaps a braid. And the tailgate is down...am I hallucinating?

If I understand today's info correctly, the cops are saying those are not the same truck. The member here (waldolo or something like that) said he broke down the images and ALL THREE white trucks were the same truck.

I don't know what to think.

Well, lol, apparently he was wrong, because they aren't the same truck and the one is already ruled out, it's the Z 71 they are now in the process of looking for.

http://www.findmickeynow.com/pic2.jpg

Above is the truck in question. It has been identified as a white 2007 or later Chevy z71. It was following Mickey on St Landry. The owner has not come forward.

http://www.findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg

This is also a white Chevy z71. It drove east on St Landry soon after Mickey and the first Chevey drove west. Are they the same truck? That seems to be a fundimental question. We definitly get a better view of this truck and are able to identify more details. I do not claim to be a "car guy" but it does look to be a mid to late 2000s Chevy Silverado Crew Cab with a distinctive gas cap cover. I would think that an expert with better copies of the photo could tell if they are the same, and if they are, be able to get a very clear description of the vehicle.

If they are the same, there can't be that many of that particular model in the Lafayette/Baton Rouge area. This would have been near $50K new and still worth around $25K. Even if the driver doesn't come forward, I'll bet the guy has plenty of friends or co-workers who know he drives that P/U. Someone will drop a dime on him soon enough.

If they are different, it might be harder to pin down the exact model making the haystack a little bigger to sort through. It will increase the chance of the driver of the east bound truck coming forward and he may have either seen something suspicious or just noticed a truck very similar to his passing him on St Landry.

At this point, I don't see how anyone who was driving a white Chevy z71 near the Circle K on St Landry that night around 1:40 AM is not aware that his truck has gotten famous.

If that 2nd pic is the same truck, then I am more convinced it is a 4 door like they said. If that is the same truck, I want to know why that guy likes to park in that particular spot. Is he lurking for girls, dealing, etc. ?

Hope LE has looked at the days prior to that event to see if this same truck appeared there in that spot often.

My husband just passed down St. Landry. He says there is a police car blocking off the road towarsd the coliseum and diverting traffic down St. Thomas and there are about 7 or 8 police officers in vests searching the area. I am trying to pull up a map so he can give me more specifics

Hopefully, an aware citizen located some debris or residue from the accident; tailight lens, personal items of MS, tire skid marks, etc., and contacted LE.

It'll be a little while but we will move on to our gazillion-and-one-th thread pretty soon here.

Ok...I just saved the two truck pics to my desktop and then blew them up to 400%...uuummm...there is someone outside of the truck standing next to it in the first picture. Looks like possibly a heavier woman...black pants and grey/blue shirt untucked...perhaps a braid. And the tailgate is down...am I hallucinating?

This is the only valid picture of the truck they are searching for it's a z 71

Attachments

• pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 29
First time post, be easy on me. I have recently started noticing every white vehicle around me and noticed this one today. Sorry if you guys have ruled it out already. Of course not this exact one, but something close. What made me think about it is that it also has writing on the side like a Z71.

:wagon:

I don't know why people find it so confusing :waitasec:, the truck about to go onto west university, and then seen ON west university are the same truck.. This is the truck that has been cleared of any involvement. The truck heading down St Landry, in the same direction that Mickey was (no time stamp) is the truck that has not yet come forward. There is only one photo of the z71 chevy.

That's a very good point. I think there is a way to do this and include the link to the actual post you're quoting, but I'm not bright enough to know how to do it. I just copy & paste from one thread to another and that doesn't add the link.

If anybody knows how to do it otherwise, jump right in and tell us!

It's a bit of longhand to do, but there are a couple of ways:

1) Use the copy/paste feature. First, open a Reply in the newer thread, then manually change the name of the poster to the one you're quoting from the previous thread; then go to the old thread, and highlight/copy the text you wish to quote; then go to back to the new Reply you opened (you'll use multiple tabs or windows) and paste the reply into the format;

2) This board appears to use vbulletin technology, so you can manually open and close the quote by using vbcode. [ quote =Username] (with no space in between the [ and the word quote and the = sign) will open the quote; and [ /quote] (removing the space between the [ and the /) will close the quote;

3) If you're using Firefox, there is a vbcode extension available, which will automate the above process (from #2).

We shouldn't be to hard on the reporter, she is NOT an investigator on the case and she is parroting info given to her by LE. It is quite unique that the local media was even willing to have a Q and A to confirm basic info. I think that some of the questions asked probably wanted to make that poor lady reach into her desk for a bottle of whiskey.

I don't think they said exactly when it was turned off.
They didn't. The answer was "early Saturday morning".
2:16 Comment From Sandra W
I understand that her cell phone is turned off. Can it be determined when it was turned off and the location?

2:17 Megan Wyatt:
Sandra: Because of the make and model of the phone, it can not be determined. The phone has been off since early Saturday morning when she went missing.
Less than 10% :)

Welcome to WS, TheGreatPerhaps!

I don't know why people find it so confusing :waitasec:, the truck about to go onto west university, and then seen ON west university are the same truck.. This is the truck that has been cleared of any involvement. The truck heading down St Landry, in the same direction that Mickey was (no time stamp) is the truck that has not yet come forward. There is only one photo of the z71 chevy.

I'm attempting to make it quite clear to them, that the only truck in question now is the Z 71, the ONE AND ONLY PICTURE in front of Circle K going in the same direction that Mickey was riding lol.

Attachments

• pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics