LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, lol, apparently he was wrong, because they aren't the same truck and the one is already ruled out, it's the Z 71 they are now in the process of looking for.

That's what the police say. Doesn't make it correct. They say they tracked down the owners of three of the vehicles. How did they "track down" the owners of two of the white trucks without plate numbers?

It's a bit of longhand to do, but there are a couple of ways:

1) Use the copy/paste feature. First, open a Reply in the newer thread, then manually change the name of the poster to the one you're quoting from the previous thread; then go to the old thread, and highlight/copy the text you wish to quote; then go to back to the new Reply you opened (you'll use multiple tabs or windows) and paste the reply into the format;

2) This board appears to use vbulletin technology, so you can manually open and close the quote by using vbcode. [ quote =Username] (with no space in between the [ and the word quote and the = sign) will open the quote; and [ /quote] (removing the space between the [ and the /) will close the quote;

3) If you're using Firefox, there is a vbcode extension available, which will automate the above process (from #2).
Thanks, HouDat!

I don't think they said exactly when it was turned off.

I honestly don't think they know. If it's not the type of phone that can be pinged for location (I believe that was mentioned somewhere), it's very likely not the type of phone that can be pinged for time of last signal. I think that she got that call/text message at 1:31AM is probably the last thing they know about the phone other than that they can now no-longer reach it, and couldn't reach it when the family started trying to Saturday morning.

When was said on the chat that Mickey's cell phone was turned off? Time if anyone remembers.

I don't know alot about cell phones/pings, etc, but imo, they should be able to tell when her phone was turned off and stop pinging. I can't believe her phone was already off upon leaving BW's. So would they be able to distinguish between BW's location and the Landry St location? Surely.... ???

Is there any reason to believe the 1 white truck still in question has any more answers to this mystery then the other 2 VOI's that have been cleared? I hope the next presser isn't saying, we have found the other white truck and cleared them. Then what? I am hoping they find the answers they need on that bike or around where it was placed.

I don't know why people find it so confusing :waitasec:, the truck about to go onto west university, and then seen ON west university are the same truck.. This is the truck that has been cleared of any involvement. The truck heading down St Landry, in the same direction that Mickey was (no time stamp) is the truck that has not yet come forward. There is only one photo of the z71 chevy.

Thank you. We need to sticky a post with confirmed, relevant information. People continually post incorrect information or ask questions about things we already know.

And now we're back to imagining things in a blurry picture.

I honestly don't think they know. If it's not the type of phone that can be pinged for location (I believe that was mentioned somewhere), it's very likely not the type of phone that can be pinged for time of last signal. I think that she got that call/text message at 1:31AM is probably the last thing they know about the phone other than that they can now no-longer reach it, and couldn't reach it when the family started trying to Saturday morning.
Welcome to WS, fleurdenola.

That's a very good point. I think there is a way to do this and include the link to the actual post you're quoting, but I'm not bright enough to know how to do it. I just copy & paste from one thread to another and that doesn't add the link.

If anybody knows how to do it otherwise, jump right in and tell us!

I'm using the tapatalk app and I think the "problem" is that these threads are moving so fast. Not that thats a problem at all. I got caught up, went to the new thread, put my phone down for 10 minutes. I came back to 15 more pages and some live chat talk I'm still trying to figure out. I need a summary at end of each thread. Or a babysitter :)

That's what the police say. Doesn't make it correct. They say they tracked down the owners of three of the vehicles. How did they "track down" the owners of two of the white trucks without plate numbers?

Maybe they came forward.

I have no idea, but understand, I've been sitting here reading since 8:30 this morning, and we have articles that are saying that the other truck has been ruled out, and apparently the owner has been questioned and has no involvement.

Thank you. We need to sticky a post with confirmed, relevant information. People continually post incorrect information or ask questions about things we already know.

And now we're back to imagining things in a blurry picture.
LOP, some are tossing around the possibility that LE is mistaken about them being separate trucks. They're "sleuthing".

I've heard back from management and it is believed that recording the live chat is not a copyright infringement!

:woohoo:

Go ahead and copy what you kept - be sure to link each one at the bottom!!!

I'm going to go and reapprove the ones I took off.

:tyou:

Alright..going off my iPad and up to my pc..I am not a professional, but I use photoshop daily and consider myself pretty good with my DSLR. I am going to concentrate on the one photo traveling the same direction as MS. I will only report back if I find anything of significance..and will include my pics if so.

Ok...so pic number one was ruled out...bear with some of us because there are so many threads and information to go through and not all of us understand where east and west is...
However...if you look at both...#1 ruled out, the same black car is in the background at the Circle K so if there was someone outside of #1 in the picture they may have seen white mystery truck #2 because of the short amount of time lapse and the same car in the background.

I'm attempting to make it quite clear to them, that the only truck in question now is the Z 71, the ONE AND ONLY PICTURE in front of Circle K going in the same direction that Mickey was riding lol.

So what you're saying is that the truck in front of the circle K was filmed heading in the same direction as Mickey and then later in the OPPOSITE direction. So thats the same truck in front of circle k? :D

IM JOKING!

It's a bit of longhand to do, but there are a couple of ways:

1) Use the copy/paste feature. First, open a Reply in the newer thread, then manually change the name of the poster to the one you're quoting from the previous thread; then go to the old thread, and highlight/copy the text you wish to quote; then go to back to the new Reply you opened (you'll use multiple tabs or windows) and paste the reply into the format;

2) This board appears to use vbulletin technology, so you can manually open and close the quote by using vbcode. [ quote =Username] (with no space in between the [ and the word quote and the = sign) will open the quote; and [ /quote] (removing the space between the [ and the /) will close the quote;

3) If you're using Firefox, there is a vbcode extension available, which will automate the above process (from #2).

Or...maybe we could just get longer threads? Please, wfgodot, pretty pretty please with sugar on top? And a cherry! You are doing a great job here...but this thread is moving like lightning and sooo many of us are playing catch up...I do think it would help.

I'm using the tapatalk app and I think the "problem" is that these threads are moving so fast. Not that thats a problem at all. I got caught up, went to the new thread, put my phone down for 10 minutes. I came back to 15 more pages and some live chat talk I'm still trying to figure out. I need a summary at end of each thread. Or a babysitter :)

I can't possibly stay up to the minute w/o getting fired. I had to let go of that or it elevates my stress level, like having a full DVR.

I get anxious about not catching up and having a stacked DVR because of my OCD.

I have been lurking on websleuths for a very very long time (years). I follow many cases. So, hello everyone here, I think you guys are great!

I just wanted to give my opinion on the bicycle. I am also an avid cyclist. I bike every single day.

I've been into two accidents in my lifetime. The first one, I was driving my bike and t-boned into a truck. My front wheel was bent pretty severely from that accident and I had to get a new one. I was completely uninjured but I slid off my bike and went sort of under the truck. He stopped thank god.

The second accident I was in, an SUV hit the back tire of my bicycle. I went flying off my bike over the handlebars. I was badly bruised and cut. For an instant when I got hit I prayed that the driver would stop and not run me over. It was pretty scary & I was in shock afterwards. I did not call the police and instead went grocery shopping all banged up.. The driver that hit me was talking on his phone at the time and not paying attention. My bicycle didn't suffer any damage at all from this. The force with which to bend a back bicycle tire has to be pretty hard & fast. IMO

I would also like to note that there is a lot of animosity between cyclists & drivers in my town and I suspect this carries over to other places as well.

I know that this is all random info but I do believe that someone hit her with their car and they got scared and put her somewhere. This case gives me goosebumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3