LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one problem with many small threads is that once you get behind its annoying when you cant quote someone because the thread you're on was closed and everyone else has moved to a new one.

Yes, you can. Here is an alternate way to quote from a closed thread. Copy and paste the quote that you want, and then use [Q]....[/Q] around it, and it will look just like you quoted it. Easy as pie.

eta: I just tried it and it didnt work. :angel: But there is a way to do it, I just cannot remember---does anyone else know?

I'm attempting to make it quite clear to them, that the only truck in question now is the Z 71, the ONE AND ONLY PICTURE in front of Circle K going in the same direction that Mickey was riding lol.

KATC

Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but detectives still need information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck. Detectives have identified the drivers and passengers in both the older 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover. "Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck," said Cpl. Paul Mouton. The Z-71 truck is the first picture of a vehicle Lafayette police released on Friday, May 25. The picture shows a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The truck and Shunick were captured on surveillance video.

So, they are saying that the white truck going in the same direction as Mickey, on St Landrey, and the white truck on University are the same?

I have been lurking on websleuths for a very very long time (years). I follow many cases. So, hello everyone here, I think you guys are great!

I just wanted to give my opinion on the bicycle. I am also an avid cyclist. I bike every single day.

I've been into two accidents in my lifetime. The first one, I was driving my bike and t-boned into a truck. My front wheel was bent pretty severely from that accident and I had to get a new one. I was completely uninjured but I slid off my bike and went sort of under the truck. He stopped thank god.

The second accident I was in, an SUV hit the back tire of my bicycle. I went flying off my bike over the handlebars. I was badly bruised and cut. For an instant when I got hit I prayed that the driver would stop and not run me over. It was pretty scary & I was in shock afterwards. I did not call the police and instead went grocery shopping all banged up.. The driver that hit me was talking on his phone at the time and not paying attention. My bicycle didn't suffer any damage at all from this. The force with which to bend a back bicycle tire has to be pretty hard & fast. IMO

I would also like to note that there is a lot of animosity between cyclists & drivers in my town and I suspect this carries over to other places as well.

I know that this is all random info but I do believe that someone hit her with their car and they got scared and put her somewhere. This case gives me goosebumps.

:welcome:

My bicycle didn't suffer any damage at all from this. The force with which to bend a back bicycle tire has to be pretty hard & fast. IMO

That's probably true in a lot of cases. And her bike was probably more durable than some.

I was actually going to point out earlier that I got hit from the rear by another bicyclist, probably 150lbs going maybe 5 to 8 miles per hour and it bent the heck out of my back tire. I was stopped at the time I was hit.

I have been lurking on websleuths for a very very long time (years). I follow many cases. So, hello everyone here, I think you guys are great!

I just wanted to give my opinion on the bicycle. I am also an avid cyclist. I bike every single day.

I've been into two accidents in my lifetime. The first one, I was driving my bike and t-boned into a truck. My front wheel was bent pretty severely from that accident and I had to get a new one. I was completely uninjured but I slid off my bike and went sort of under the truck. He stopped thank god.

The second accident I was in, an SUV hit the back tire of my bicycle. I went flying off my bike over the handlebars. I was badly bruised and cut. For an instant when I got hit I prayed that the driver would stop and not run me over. It was pretty scary & I was in shock afterwards. I did not call the police and instead went grocery shopping all banged up.. The driver that hit me was talking on his phone at the time and not paying attention. My bicycle didn't suffer any damage at all from this. The force with which to bend a back bicycle tire has to be pretty hard & fast. IMO

I would also like to note that there is a lot of animosity between cyclists & drivers in my town and I suspect this carries over to other places as well.

I know that this is all random info but I do believe that someone hit her with their car and they got scared and put her somewhere. This case gives me goosebumps.

Thanks for that info. Does t-boned mean broadsided?

Welcome to WS, fleurdenola.

Thanks! I've been lingering for a while, reading all the threads. I've thought from the beginning this was some sort of accident and drunken panicked reaction. It was a Friday, at bar closing time, on a graduation weekend...however, the minimal damage to the bike makes me think that's probably not the case. But, anyone check out if a grad who should have been at a graduation ceremony on Saturday didn't make it, or was acting really funny while there?

I've also thought it very likely it's someone Mickey knew. If someone(s) she knew offered her a ride she may have thought nothing of taking them up on it. They could have driven in the direction of her house to keep her from getting suspicious until they got to area with no one else around, executed whatever plan they had to keep her from resisting, and hopped on I-10 from Ambassador. That route change wouldn't have been too drastic, if they'd been heading towards her house.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know at this point, otherwise we'd have this all solved.

I asked the question about the people gassing up at Circle K because I never heard about a statement from them. Couldn't believe nobody asked LE about them before. I also asked a question about speed cameras that wasn't answered, the question about old people telling kids to NOT RIDE THEIR BIKES AT 2AM ALONE, I also asked if the face-eating zombie guy was a suspect. That one wasn't answered.

I'm also the one who asked "I saw a white truck today, who do I call?" I thought for sure they wouldn't answer that one but they did.

I also asked, for the ladies interested here, if Corporal Paul Mouton is as handsome in person as he appears on TV. This question was not answered.

LOP, some are tossing around the possibility that LE is mistaken about them being separate trucks. They're "sleuthing".

Well then we might as well go back to saying she never left Brettly's. At some point you have to acknowledge and accept the new information being presented. I think many people still just don't understand, and its derailing page after page of these threads.

correct. She didn't answer correctly and hasn't answered what I ACTUALLY want to know, which is the quality of the recording

LOL I knew it was you and the answer was inadequate and was saying to myself, I bet they are :banghead: right now.

So what you're saying is that the truck in front of the circle K was filmed heading in the same direction as Mickey and then later in the OPPOSITE direction. So thats the same truck in front of circle k? :D

IM JOKING!

The police said they ruled out TWO vehicles. We have pics of three white trucks, an Olds and a blur.

Thanks! I've been lingering for a while, reading all the threads. I've thought from the beginning this was some sort of accident and drunken panicked reaction. It was a Friday, at bar closing time, on a graduation weekend...however, the minimal damage to the bike makes me think that's probably not the case. But, anyone check out if a grad who should have been at a graduation ceremony on Saturday didn't make it, or was acting really funny while there?

I've also thought it very likely it's someone Mickey knew. If someone(s) she knew offered her a ride she may have thought nothing of taking them up on it. They could have driven in the direction of her house to keep her from getting suspicious until they got to area with no one else around, executed whatever plan they had to keep her from resisting, and hopped on I-10 from Ambassador. That route change wouldn't have been too drastic, if they'd been heading towards her house.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know at this point, otherwise we'd have this all solved.
Good points, all. I've stuck with the "crime of opportunity" scenario, the vehicle edging beside Mickey and striking the back of the frame and back tire, and an organized offender scooping up both her and the bike, thus to leave nothing at the scene - but that's just a guess too.

KATC

Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but detectives still need information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck. Detectives have identified the drivers and passengers in both the older 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover. "Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck," said Cpl. Paul Mouton. The Z-71 truck is the first picture of a vehicle Lafayette police released on Friday, May 25. The picture shows a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The truck and Shunick were captured on surveillance video.

So, they are saying that the white truck going in the same direction as Mickey, on St Landrey, and the white truck on University are the same?
Huh. Great catch, Artis. I had to read it twice to see what you saw. But because of the sentence that follows the bold, I think it was a mistake. And an unfortunate one because of all the confusion about the trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth