LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Lourdes a hospital?

Forgive me of its been answered but yes- in this case we are talking about the old Our Lady of Lourdes hospital on St. Landry. It moved across town in March of last year.

Also, KATC reporter Jim Hummel did his 5 o'clock report on St Landry across from the circle K in the spot we have the pics of Mickey and the ONE white truck LE is looking for. He was discussing how the other 2 VOI have been cleared. I'm assuming that's why KATC was down there this afternoon- filming that segment.

Why would the shunik family hire a private investigator if they thought a confession was forthcoming?

Not sure. It is very confusing, but the Shunick
Page also claimed the bike was never found. So I don't know. But it is a fact that there were SEVERAL cops blocked off the roads where she was last seen.

Forgive me of its been answered but yes- in this case we are talking about the old Our Lady of Lourdes hospital on St. Landry. It moved across town in March of last year.

Also, KATC reporter Jim Hummel did his 5 o'clock report on St Landry across from the circle K in the spot we have the pics of Mickey and the ONE white truck LE is looking for. He was discussing how the other 2 VOI have been cleared. I'm assuming that's why KATC was down there this afternoon- filming that segment.

I would have to disagree. That does not explain the abundance of cops and blocking off streets.

You missed my comment upthread. as a local, I'm telling you there's no way she did that on a bike a 2:30 a.m.!

I'm a local. That's not city out there toward Duson... Lafayette turns to desolate, dangerous country roads with no shoulder. She would have to be completely blubbering insane to do that long extra ride on insane dangerous roads, at 2:30am, feeling sick, just to feed her horses. Not only is it a long ride, she would be asking to get run into the ditch. No one bikes those roads.

Agreed, whole-heartedly. I used to live out in the Duson area, and I will say with absolute certainty that there's no way she would have biked out at ~2AM to feed horses in Duson. Other posters have mentioned, and I will confirm -- that's a dangerous prospect.

Perhaps she may have stopped by the stables near Blackham, however. Though it seems as though LE has already investigated that possibility and come up with nothing.

I'm really trying to sit on my hands right now, biting my lip, and if the snarky comments aren't contained in some way, the mods WILL close the thread and we will ALL sit on our hands until they decide to open one again for us to discuss things calmly. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Don't even put up pictures of the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

:floorlaugh:

I was trying to think of cause of death instantly... :)
with no blood loss, but you are correct.
Impact by a car could cause death instantly depending on how the person was hit. We also had a cyclist here hit a rock, and go flying into the path of a vehicle, whereby the vehicle promptly ran over said cyclist, crushing their ribs and internal organs. No blood on the outside, but probably pretty gruesome on the inside.

No!!

There is only 1 picture of the Chevy Z71. The other two are the SAME, RULED OUT TRUCK.
This is making everyone confused!!!
I don't know how we can make it so that new posters can find the correct info easier
I am confused. Was the truck on university ruled out? OR the two white trucks on st landry?

I'm really trying to sit on my hands right now, biting my lip, and if the snarky comments aren't contained in some way, the mods WILL close the thread and we will ALL sit on our hands until they decide to open one again for us to discuss things calmly. It's happened before and it will happen again.
If you see a snarky comment, alert on that post and a mod will take care of it.

Most of the posters on this thread have been notably snark-free.

We are here for one purpose only: to assist in any way we can to bring Mickey Shunick home. All comments should derive from that one simple fact.

I guess all help is good help; but I have to wonder: dualing tiplines cannot be good. Would there be any crossover of information between the two lines? I thought PI were hired more for 'spousal cheating' incidents than abductions.

I doubt there would be. LE is not typically fond of working with PI's or sharing info. So he's probably going to be doing his own separate investigation from LPD much like I am.

Also, while we do some domestic investigations (cheating spouses) and insurance cases, we also do tons of missing persons in various ways. Being it tracking down witnesses for court, people wanted for questioning, people to serve subpoenas to, missing loved ones etc. Plus we do a good bit of tracking on insurance and domestic too. Just about every case involves having to run down leads to track these people down before we can actually investigate them.

Point is, all of our cases no matter the type, involve running down lots of leads, tracking, tailing, conducting surveillance etc. It applies to all investigations, not just one type.

Don't even put up the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.
I thought, probably like many others, that the picture of a similar truck going in the opposite direction on st landry was ALSO this truck. Can you clarify?

If you see a snarky comment, alert on that post and a mod will take care of it.

Most of the posters on this thread have been notably snark-free.
:woohoo:You are doing a great job! I haven't seen any snark!

Here at websleuths you can address a post... you can disagree. You can agree. You can meet half way in your opinion.. ALL opinions are welcome. What we do not do here is attack one another. If you are finding yourself attacking another poster this is not cool and will not be tolerated. This sort of lands at random but not really because so much of this behavior is currently going on. Please post responsibly.

I would have to disagree. That does not explain the abundance of cops and blocking off streets.

Perhaps they were just checking out a tip a la "I might have noticed a broken bicycle reflector there last week...". Possibly nothing more.

I thought, probably like many others, that the picture of a similar truck going in the opposite direction on st landry was ALSO this truck. Can you clarify?

There were two different trucks in photos. One of the two has been ruled out. The truck that has not been ruled out is only shown in one photo. One of the posters here has repeatedly posted that it is the only truck that is still part of the active investigation. The truck that is still part of the investigation is a Chevy Z71. I have no idea what street it is on in the photo. But you can see the gas station in the background, and the photo shows the truck moving from left to right. Does that clear it up for you?

There is absolutely nothing to clarify. That horse has been kicked to death....then kicked WHILE dead....then resurrected and kicked some more.

The trucks may looks similar, but according to LPD they 100% are not the same truck. They have been found and cleared. The ONLY truck still in question is the Z71 heading in the direction Mickey is heading.

Maybe we need to be looking for a blurry white horse?

I know its early, but I think I need to go to bed soon, I have the giggles. My son just gave me such a look....I am not losing it...done did lost it I tell ya...

God I love this forum...

Now lets pray they have blocked off the roads today to bring in the dogs and find Mickey...That is my hope...PLEASE

It's actually the opposite. University is north/south. St. Landry is east west. University intersects with I10 which is an east/west interstate.
If we're getting picky here, University runs SE to NW and St. Landry runs SW to NE.

Shelly, the truck taking a left from St Landry onto University and the truck pictured farther down University are said by LE to be the same truck. The one going in the same direction as MS is a different one, and is the one that LE is still looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3