LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the person who dumped the bike had Mickey in his (her?) truck and kept right on going out of state on the expressway. Where does that expressway lead to in the direction the bike dumper must have been going? Once out of state, the person could have gone anywhere and if the person killed Mickey, she could have been dumped a very long ways from where people are looking for her. I hope she is alive and well somewhere but I suspect she was killed by someone and disposed of somewhere far from her home.
The counter to this would be- If you already had MS and her bike concealed, why would you stop along the way and possibly attract attention to yourself just to dump the bike? She also had other items that were not found with/by the bike.
That's also the same idea regarding when the bike was dumped. If the bike was dumped the day she went missing, then her chances of being alive at that point are slim and none.

I put this out the other night, because IF and agree that it's a big IF Mickey felt like she was being followed, or she just decided to take another route, the parking lot would make a good round about. Where would the camera location be on this side of the building, if anyone is aware.

One of the cameras (the one I saw) would be on the building near the very bottom of your little trapezoid-line drawing, not all the way out on the roadway but more or less behind the tree at the front entrance to the lot. This camera COULD have picked Mickey up even if she was still on St. Landry, but more than likely I think any street-view from here would have been obscured by the tree.

EBR would have to address the positioning of the other cameras.

I don't supposed LE has revealed, in the time it just took me to go to the laundromat and dollar store, who, if anyone, may have been polygraphed in this case, right?

Not searching for rumors, just for anything I've missed in the last hour-plus on MSM.

Errr.....no.*:waitasec:

*I have not read every post

So, Godot's been doing laundry the entire time? The noive!

I don't supposed LE has revealed, in the time it just took me to go to the laundromat and dollar store, who, if anyone, may have been polygraphed in this case, right?

Not searching for rumors, just for anything I've missed in the last hour-plus on MSM.

I've been looking and haven seen anything.

Only person polygraphed that the public was made aware of was BW.

Whatever makes you happy

IMO, all opinions are welcome and a little patience for new people is considerate

It can be daunting to come into a case late
Most people are here to help

I do agree about continuing down a road when something has been clearly stated. It is frustrating but I usually choose to answer once and then point the poster to the link

JMO

This needs repeating. It happens all the time in all the cases here at Websleuths and patience is a must.

Yes it gets frustrating but there is no need to be rude or insulting.

As Dushi said most people are here to help and I suggest skipping the post if it stretches your patience.

If a question has been answered 100 times I suspect it will be asked another 100 times by others before the case is over.

I'm not sure if I accidentally ingested some sort of hallucinogenic, but some phantom posts from Info are being quoted here, and I'm failing to be able to locate the original posts.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

ETA N/M, I see where someone referenced them as *rumors* so I'm guessing they were modded out.

BW was given one and passed, from what close friends have posted on other sites

Only person polygraphed that the public was made aware of was BW.

Ditto--now they could have polygraphed the drivers of the original VOI's in order to clear them but they did not specifically state that. The only one they've publicly acknowledged as having been poly'ed was BW. And they did not release info as to whether he'd passed or failed, simply cleared him.

I'm not sure if I accidentally ingested some sort of hallucinogenic, but some phantom posts from Info are being quoted here, and I'm failing to be able to locate the original posts.

They're deleted almost immediately. Rumors.

The police are saying that the "bed-cover" truck came from the east, got to St. Landry, and turned left on University.

Mickey had traveled that way for some indeterminate distance, as evidenced by her appearance on the Circle K photo. it's inaccurate Cajun speech, I think, throwing you.

That's Cajun for " the direction that Mickey was going."

Our speech patterns can me annoying.

MOO
yeah shaaaaaaaa. now I will go to sleep.

I assume that posts which violate TOS are being taken down.

If one sees this sort of thing DO NOT QUOTE IT, just makes more work for the mods to remove the subsequent posts too.

Well, i didn't quote the rumor, but it got stuck in moderation.

I said that a hit-and-run scenario could have happened in so many places after she disappeared from camera view, and that the LE elimination of the second truck actually widened the search area, instead of narrowing it.

Alright. Let's try this again.

Same scenario as before, except Mississippi isn't involved because of..well..Ashley Smith was found.

However, I am inclined to believe this person travels on the Basin bridge a lot, perhaps for a job or family. Possibly lives in Baton Rouge and if he did dump the bike after the sign was posted, he's watching the news. A lot.

And I get this really creepy feeling that they are also watching and possible posting here as well.

The counter to this would be- If you already had MS and her bike concealed, why would you stop along the way and possibly attract attention to yourself just to dump the bike? She also had other items that were not found with/by the bike.
That's also the same idea regarding when the bike was dumped. If the bike was dumped the day she went missing, then her chances of being alive at that point are slim and none.

I agree with this. Why stop just for that?

I also sadly agree that if the bike was dumped the same day, she's not likely to still be alive. :sigh:

You won't find them, it's a rumor. The mods will immediately, if not sooner delete them, and any posts that quote that rumor will also be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl