LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone has their opinion so I will give my perspective.

I live towards the same side of town Mickey lives on and I would not be taking Johnston from St Landry to get home. It's just too far out of the way for me. Yes, in a car and I would be even less likely to go out my way that much on bike. I think she cut through the LCG building parking lot (or around there) or whatever happened, happened in 20 seconds. Just MOO... I understand others see it differently.

Well, take that up with A.C.I. he argues she took Brashear cause she wanted to take Johnston. I said she wouldn't because Johnston would have taken her further out of her way, after already taking St.John-Landry to skip the early section of Congress that's no good for bikes, and she would have cut through the LCG parking lot to shorten her trip home.

He says that the Google map to her house would have directed her down Johnston.

He and I just plain disagree, though I don't reject his theory.

Ok so I'll tip toe around commenting on that rumor up ^^^^^ there, arrests are public record. If someone has been arrested LE can't keep it it a secret. The media would be blasting it everywhere.

I hope there is some truth to the rumors and Mickey can be brought home. Her family deserves that.
::echo::

Edited to say: obviously I don't mean truth to the rumors implying I hope she is dead. I mean- truth that there is a possibly that LE can recover her for her family. My greatest hope would be that she could be rescued but I just can't fathom a scenario where that would be the case.

I have been seeing the word "confession" for 2-3 days now. Getting kinda like the t-word.

Chicken fried, ACI and I have been saying that since she didn't appear on the 224 st Landry camera that she must have turned. Then a new person comes along and says that that is not necessarily the most logical explanation for her not showing up on the 224 camera - that given her usual and most likely route, the most logical explanation is that LE is keeping some stuff under their hat.

I think that's a very good observation, considering that just yesterday the police were searching the fields off coliseum, a location that is on MS's most obvious route and would have brought her past that camera at 224. Very interesting.

Am I the "new person"? :blushing: Lol! But, to be fair, I have been posting since the very first thread, first day. I just don't usually have very much more to add besides, "this is horrible!" and "please come home safe".

I don't mean to be argumentative, I know you all have logged many more hours here than I (I would like to be on here 24/7, but RL keeps me away), I just think it's more likely that she is on another camera and LE is keeping it under wraps. Heck, they could have the whole thing on camera, but don't want to tip the guy off. We just don't know.

This thread is about someone who is missing. She has friends and loved ones. The off topic posts are incredibly insensitive, rude and isn't helping to find Mickey Shunick.

This isn't a comedy routine. This isn't a TV show. This is someone's real life.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Folks mean no harm or disrespect to the innocent victim or their family & friends, princesspjs. Folks need to occasionally step back to the lighter side when dealing with the darkness/abys to regain their sanity.
In missing person conferences that I have attended, many times there is a night of entertainment set asside for dancing, which includes laughing, joking, etc..for this reason.

This thread is about someone who is missing. She has friends and loved ones. The off topic posts are incredibly insensitive, rude and isn't helping to find Mickey Shunick.

IMO, JMO, MOO

I think when a thread of this magnitude with such dedicated people helping to figure out what happened to Mickey gets so intense, a little comic relief is needed. I can only speak for myself and I meant no disrespect.
Sorry if it offended.

Am I the "new person"? :blushing: Lol! But, to be fair, I have been posting since the very first thread, first day. I just don't usually have very much more to add besides, "this is horrible!" and "please come home safe".

I don't mean to be argumentative, I know you all have logged many more hours here than I (I would like to be on here 24/7, but RL keeps me away), I just think it's more likely that she is on another camera and LE is keeping it under wraps. Heck, they could have the whole thing on camera, but don't want to tip the guy off. We just don't know.

LE says the photo they gave us was the absolute last time she was spotted on camera. Now, of course they are still reviewing and asking residents/businesses to review/turn in any footage so it's definitely possible they have found something since then and have not released it. And of course they only release what they feel comfortable releasing, but I think at that time, they were telling the truth, and that honestly WAS the last sighting there was of her.

Is your cam updating? Mine is frozen on one image and it looks like the time stamp says 3:46

Huh. It started just staying blank, so I closed it. I reopened it just now and I've got the same frozen image. Other cams on the site are working properly, but this one is frozen.

Is it possible something's been found, and the images are being prevented from refreshing to allow it to stay under wraps?

It's hard to see where the drive thru is on GMs... Do you mean in the big parking lot area that is bordered by Landy on one side and Azelea on the other, south (I think) of the CircleK? Or is it in the front section of the building, where the purplish roof is?

I would definitely think there would be cameras in ALL the parking lots there bc it appears to be the staff parking lot and you would think they would want to protect their vehicles. Anytime I have visited any government building, I feel like I am in some Orwellian nightmare, being watched everywhere I go...

LOL you're exactly right. There are cameras all over that building. LE has told us that that one pic they've released of MS is the last they've seen of her. That parking lot you speak of has three cameras covering and given LE's statement she does not appear in any of them.

Before this thread is closed, may I ask, was somebody trying to hijack it over to Mississippi? :waitasec:
I just wanted a reason to spell ~ M I S S I S S I P P I !!!

MODS...You are doing a great job, your hard work is to be commended! :yourock: :guitar:
:gthanks:

Seems some mods and posters take themselves a little to seriously. I mean if you preface a statement with " this is only rumor" what is the problem?

I think it's because there's been too many instances of the "this is only rumor" being left off and then what's left is spoken (wrongly) as fact.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Well, a lot of us have been dropping our lives - both with personal searches, and debating the facts on here to try to help. I think the moderation has been excellent. There was something funny about trucks, and a little humor to lighten things up for a second on such a serious topic, but I wouldn't go so far as to say this discussion, as a whole, has been a comedy routine. It's been about finding Mickey. So.. maybe a little slack here - people get burned out and once in awhile humor pops up. I bet Charlie has laughed at least once during the search. People are human...

But I understand your feelings... this is real life, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406