LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GLP poster went to talk about a location on a bayou. I posted about it Tuesday night (after midnight eastern time).

Think LE got the goods that this person was in the Lafayette area the night MS disappeared? Could be a friend looking to cash in!

Ok so last night or maybe two nights ago someone was trolling GLP and mentioned the house off of some road in bureaux bridge, does everyone remember that? That same person mentioned a bayou to check.so I researched the house the troll was talking about (I have access to clerk of court records) and its the house of this McGee guy. I will go back and see if I can find the name of the body of water. This was on GLP yesterday before this breaking news!

Interesting that klfy.com, katc.com, and theadvertiser.com ...all have no mention of this McGee guy.

Ok so last night or maybe two nights ago someone was trolling GLP and mentioned the house off of some road in bureaux bridge, does everyone remember that? That same person mentioned a bayou to check.so I researched the house the troll was talking about (I have access to clerk of court records) and its the house of this McGee guy. I will go back and see if I can find the name of the body of water. This was on GLP yesterday before this breaking news!

When you find it, please call that info in to the tip line!

I remember it too. I was looking at the address. I figured it was connected to the rumors but I hadn't heard mcgee's name; just that there was a 2nd offense owi guy being questioned.

Wow. Just wow. Speechless. This was always a possibility in the back of my mind, but could it be true. Got a nasty feeling about this.

I also know men who were asked to "voluntarily" submit their DNA back then. There were a few cases where the men declined, and LE didn't react very positively to that. Some men who refused had their names linked to the public, had their employers contacted with insinuations that the guys had something to hide.....and these men were ALL innocent. I am not a fan of DNA dragnets, and personally think it violates ou civil rights.

I sincerely hope it does not become a tactic that LE uses again.

This is my first post on this forum, but I'm grateful for this place. I've been lurking for days reading posts and thinking about the case. I hope she is returned to her family soon, I cannot imagine my daughter being taken from me in such a way. I pray to God that she will have only minor injuries.

That being said... my brother was one of those guys who was asked to be swabbed for DNA back then. He did it without argument. I realize some people may argue civil rights, but we were all freaked out over the serial killer. He knew he had done nothing wrong. We always figured his psycho ex-girlfriend called his name in to the tip line. I don't think my brother was forced to do this.
However, it would have been smarter of the police to have the DNA broken down further before conducting the dragnet. For example, the DNA results released sometime later showed the killer (DTL) was either African American, Hispanic, or a combination of the two. My brother and many other swabbed didn't fall into those categories. And, before anyone says that is racial profiling, LE has every right once DNA has shown them something of a surprise clue (they thought killer was white before this), to narrow their search to people who fit the new profile.
I hope they have the DNA of the perp from the bike. It seems like they could use a break like that in the case. It is always possible this person has been arrested before and the DNA dragnet may not be necessary.

Sorry for a long-winded first post, but I guess I had a lot to say on the subject.

Yeah, I was hoping to see it on the Advertiser or KATC or something that feels more reliable to me. Nothing against the Independent....but I like to see more confirmation than that and Busted in Acadiana.

When you find it, please call that info in to the tip line!

Why? Obviously someone was trying to point people in this guy's direction. He's been questioned already. What would be the tip?

Google is not showing any other mentions aside from The Independent Weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member