LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were policemen interviewing residents of ST Landry this afternoon around 0600.

I've been lurking throughout the MS case and decided to finally post. :) I'm a Lafayette native.

Just wondering if it's possible that someone knew about RM's prior hit and run, then because of that, posted on the GLP site. Then someone saw that on the site, called the tip line, and got the ball rolling for police to look at RM. To me, it's possible that the original poster just knew about RM's history and speculated and the rest is falling in line from that post, not the other way around (RM hitting MIckey, someone finding out, someone posting on GLP).
I was hoping that was the guy, but have a feeling it's not.

I'm headed to Lafayette on Saturday and can't wait to join the search to Bring Mickey Home!

the only thing would be the damage?! Maybe he lived close or sleuthed himself :)

I agree...I have followed a LOT of cases here and never encountered such rudeness from members. I know there are a lot of new members here, but some of us who have been here a while are not used to these rude responses, the one thing that keeps WS different, or did until this case.

I hear you loud and clear. As noobs, we're trying to adjust to tighter moderation than we're used to on blogs, and I think the moderation is some of the best I've ever seen. Before all us noobs get the broad brush, don't forget that we had a couple posters here though putting out wild speculation nonstop nearly 'round the clock for days, getting many, many basic facts wrong, all the while repeatedly asking the rest of us to wear out our fingers by doing most of their basic research for them, and doing a good job at wearing out those fingers. After awhile, the fingers get away from the brain telling one not to start getting a little snippy with them.

Most of us noobs are trying, and adjusting, as the mods guide us toward acceptable behavior :)

That doesn't surprise me at all! It's sickening to even think about it. We should adopt Germany's (I think) law and have them killed by a firing squad. Please correct me if this is incorrect. Didn't take the time to look it up.

It's true. We had an exchange student live with us for a while and he told us all about that. He also said if a vehicle is in a wreck, all repairs must be completed before the car can be driven and that it costs about $1500 USD to get a drivers license!

OMG! That's horrific. Back in 1997 my grandfather and Uncle were struck by a drunk driver - the back seat of the car was pushed into the hood area. Needless to say, my grandfather and uncle were killed. It was the driver's 3rd offense. He served a total of 2 years in jail for killing my granddaddy and uncle. Unfortunately, it seems that here in Louisiana the laws on drinking and driving aren't enforced. It's the innocent and their families that suffer, of course.

I'm so sorry you lost your grandfather and uncle. Especially in such a terrible way and no justice to speak of.

You're the first person in a long while I've read/heard call their grandfather affectionately "Granddaddy." I had a Granddaddy, too. <3

I posted this in a previous thread, but here it is again:

Dee Stanley, as many of you locals (to Lafayette/Acadiana) will remember, was a newscaster for many years. Hence, he has lots of experience in dealing with the media. Stanley was likely dispatched so as to act as spokesman for LCG, in the event of the discovery/recovery of MS.

Yeah, I had read that. You may be right - that's a good call. I still think there were a lot of other top people either there, or burning up the phone lines to prevent chaos out there with the jurisdictions. Also, Stanley may have been given the "power" to represent the big man and pass along his orders.

the man may have turned into him, but sometimes intoxication will make the difference between making up for the other driver's mistake and not making up for the other driver's mistake.

Am I reading this wrong?
"morning when the car his was driving was struck by another vehicle being driven by Rocky James Mcgee, 17, also of Breaux Bridge."

"his was driving" is obviously a typo but does it not say he was struck by another vehicle, that vehicle being driven by RM? I'm reading it as RM hit him. Did I miss a line that says the victim turned into RM?

There were policemen interviewing residents of ST Landry this afternoon around 0600.

Welcome Galbug! Would this be the city of St. Landry, the parish? Am a Louisianian, but don't know all of the areas. Thanks

Once again I am going to advise caution here.

This is probably only one of many individuals that LE has probably questioned.

This does not mean this individual is involved.

I agree and Corporal Mouton himself said they questioned several folks. But why did he mention RM specifically but not anyone else?
Could be because everyone already had his name already and that was his way of saying "we cleared him". (speculating)

Is this guy RM married?

Mods, delete this if it is inappropriate...

There was rumor on here last night that got deleted saying that the guy was recorded saying what he did and the police would never find the body. Another rumor today I heard from a wife of a sheriff deputy was that it was a wife that turned her husband in. Supposedly they guy hit her by accident and got scared. It was supposed to be on the 10:00 news but apparently it was just a rumor once again.

Rumors and the grapevine are how the cops break cases ;-)

No proof that I know of, but LE is clearly holding back a lot of information on this case, so I have to believe there is a reason they confirmed that they spoke to McGee.

Given his past fatal hit and run accident, McGee has already soiled his own name... if it turns out that he's not involved with this case, he's still scum in my book. Jmo.

I think we are all jumping all over this possibility (and I agree, it could just be that someone knew about his prior offense and posted stuff and reported it to LE, causing him to be questioned) because we all want so badly for this to come to an end for the Shunicks and the community. We want Mickey found and brought home. We all want a live Mickey returned but as days go on, we know the chances are getting slimmer. We want this rumor to be true because it can bring her home. I'm not sure yet that it is, though...

Sorta O/T but for those of you searching tomorrow, if you tuck a dryer sheet in your back pocket it will shew away mosquitos, bees, etc. Tried this out Saturday night while being forced to work outside for 8 hours and dang, it really works. (evidently the critters are not fond of the smell) It worked for me and thought it might help y'all out. Good luck and God Bless.

I wish I could search with y'all. Just not physically able right now. Tomorrow is going to be much better search conditions - less humidity, and a high of only 88. The humidity difference will make y'all a lot more comfortable.

Am I reading this wrong?

"his was driving" is obviously a typo but does it not say he was struck by another vehicle, that vehicle being driven by RM? I'm reading it as RM hit him. Did I miss a line that says the victim turned into RM?

Somewhere in one of the articles it states that it is thought that the decedent's car turned in front of RM and was struck by RM. I would like to know what the accident reconstruction showed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406