LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep..corrected it. But the question/point remains, if it's possible that the conditions are fairly consistent.

It all depends upon what's happening upstream, upriver, and up north.

Usually by mid-May, most of the snow, ice, and other seasonal flow has reached Louisiana. Someone upthread posted a link to the USGS river info page, so we could likely glean some sort of info -- based on river stage readings taken day-to-day, week-to-week, etc. -- which would give us a fairly good idea of the swiftness of the current and volume of water flowing per second/minute.

That said, the times when the current is still are fairly rare. There's almost always some current in that river.

I just can't figure out how he did this, each street that she could have gone down, and any large parking lots that she could have gone down would have been captured on camera, at least most of them. I can't imagine that LE doesn't have someone and her going thru one of those lots. And, if she got down to that large parking lot, that's about the only place that would be easy to knock someone off her bike, pick her up off the roadway and load she and her bike into the truck. This couldn't have been done on streets with homes all around, unless those who live there were totally unconcious.

If she turned left onto Brashear and then headed toward St Mary on Cherry St That would have pit her near there and missed the cameras. There is a plave some locals eat on the street by that lot that serves some fresh local food she probably has gone to and may habe been aware of a way to cut to the bike bath or coliseum rd from there.However the quickest and fastest way would have been to stay on St Landry.

i called a Z71 in yesterday about 2pm. the lady that answered sounded a bit nervous so i'm suspecting she may have been a volunteer. She did ask for the plate number and our location. the guy pulled in and parked in a shopping center. i didn't hang around to see if they came looking for him. i just don't see how they can accomplish anything without a structured way to elliminate the trucks that have been checked. they seriously need to consider some sort of tagging system so the public's help isn't a hinderance.

BBM

MOO

I believe they have at least a partial plate number which is helping them rule out the various calls but this is simply MOO.

But that's my point. Throw an apple from the window of a moving truck and it lands in a different place than throwing it from a stationary truck.

Same theory applies to dropping bombs from an airplane.

The bike may have made it just far enough to the left, before losing buoyancy, to be found.

Good point. That in itself (or in reverse since the water is moving, not the bridge) rules out the bike being dropped from the bridge.

It's been years since I've been in that particular waterway with my dad but I thought I remembered a fairly strong constant current. and it sure looks that way everytime I cross the bridge. I don't remember the curvature or if there is a 'bend' at that point. What's your opinion on the bike grips? Since they were found in the same area, are the conditions such that it's feasible that they would have ended up there if dropped further up?

'HERE is a Google-Earth photo of the Whiskey Bay area, with the waterways labeled. Check the bend upstream. It looks subtle, but with a large mass of water, that bend has a bigger effect than you'd think.

Look at my possible DROP SITE and path for the bike.

If she turned left onto Brashear and then headed toward St Mary on Cherry St That would have pit her near there and missed the cameras. There is a plave some locals eat on the street by that lot that serves some fresh local food she probably has gone to and may habe been aware of a way to cut to the bike bath or coliseum rd from there.However the quickest and fastest way would have been to stay on St Landry.

Yes, and Cherry St if she crossed over St Mary's would lead to Mildred St but if then she was near that parking lot, she would have been a sitting duck.

Cutter? I thought it was a Madison. Or are they the same thing?

BW said it was a Cutter in an interview, but if you look at some of the various missing posters, one says Cutter and the other a Madison.

Out of towner here:

Are there any alleys behind houses in the area where Mickey was last photographed (that we know of) at?

I ask this because she could disappear and a truck could find her if he knew the area well.

Thinking that the whole disappearance might not even be where her last known photo was taken.

Attached is a photo montage I arranged and edited for quality.

Was trying to prove to myself that the tailgate was down in the last image, although it apears to be up.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 65
Good point. That in itself (or in reverse since the water is moving, not the bridge) rules out the bike being dropped from the bridge.

Bingo.... because before the bike sank it would have gone downstream.

But we don't know whether the bike was found on west or east side of the area. I need to stop posting and start working on my e-mail to the reporter. W/o bike location, all this is just hypothesis. I'd like to turn it into theory.

I'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, I don't want to be annoying, but could someone please catch me up on any new updates / developments? I've been in and out of the hospital with my baby girl for the better part of last night and today and now that we've been home a couple hours and shes napping I'm doing my best to catch up on all these pages, but I'm just wondering if there was anything significant happening.

I heard something about white paint on the bike? Is that a rumor? Hypothetically, if there is paint from a car, can LE find out anything about the vehicle from that (aside from the color obviously)?

A.C.I. stated a few pages ago that the paint on the bike hasn't been confirmed yet, so consider it a rumor for now.

Here's another photo dated 5/27 from Daily Advertiser ... you can see the 'boat ramp' sign in the photo:

2eeyo8z.jpg

BW said it was a Cutter in an interview, but if you look at some of the various missing posters, one says Cutter and the other a Madison.

Need to contact the search people. Maybe I can use a mtutual friend to have Charlie answer the question. Not using Facebook means I have to use go-betweens.

Attached is a photo montage I arranged and edited for quality.

Was trying to prove to myself that the tailgate was down in the last image, although it apears to be up.

The truck def has a distinguishing feature...a dark colored fuel door. Possibly Chrome. Is that an added dealer detail?

The Find Mickey Now website says:

"riding a black and gold Schwinn Cutter bicycle with glittery gold handlebars"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members