LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey was taken on an early Saturday morning, a time when many camp sites become busy with weekenders. Unless someone had a fairly secluded camp, I would think that scenario (taken to a camp along the river) might not be as likely as others.

Good point.

There are some people that live in butte la rose too. So they could ask a few questions to the locals.

I'm starting to really think its the beginning of a serial killer scenario. Like a DTL copycat or something. I don't think it was an accident turned into criminal coverup. There's no blood or sign of an accident on the road. And since there are cameras along the way to her home and she's not on them, we can pretty much assume the vicinity of where she was taken. If signs of a crash weren't found there, then there prob wasn't a crash.

I wonder if she was tazered like jaycee dugard was and then taken?

I also don't think it was rocky. The police are not holding him. His aliby must have panned out.

A presser would be great right about now. Something, anything LE could give us to help.

Where is Mickey???

oQXzz.jpg

In this image someone took earlier, the lights do seem to get very bright at night. Do you think the lense on the camera just sucked, and couldn't focus properly as to adjust the lighting?

I think you have to swing the camera a bit to the left. There is an area to park just to the left of the lights. I'll post a couple of pictures later that I was playing with. Can't right now. Somebody thinks I need to feed him lol.

The camera on Versailles is obviously high up. I think the white blob is a combination of a street light that reflects off the speed limit sign and also the low very bright lights by Cathedral Carmel.

The blur behind Mickey that people are saying is a white truck looks opaque and in no way resembles a truck to me. The Man crouching by the car has no feet.

The camera is relatively new and about 8 ft off the ground.

#tags need working on if anyone has any energy. Only one down there right now.

Good point.

There are some people that live in butte la rose too. So they could ask a few questions to the locals.

I'm starting to really think its the beginning of a serial killer scenario. Like a DTL copycat or something. I don't think it was an accident turned into criminal coverup. There's no blood or sign of an accident on the road. And since there are cameras along the way to her home and she's not on them, we can pretty much assume the vicinity of where she was taken. If signs of a crash weren't found there, then there prob wasn't a crash.

I wonder if she was tazered like jaycee dugard was and then taken?

I also don't think it was rocky. The police are not holding him. His aliby must have panned out.

I pray you a very, very wrong even though the thought has crossed my mind.

Unless she was wearing headphones/listening to music while riding and she didn't hear the truck.

I know we haven't been told that she had an mp3 player on her person, but LE has also said in the press conferences that there are other items they are not currently releasing to the public.
I reeeeallllly doubt an experienced bike rider would be wearing headphones anytime while riding on the street.

I just wanted to add that if you listen to the interview he did with the advertiser, which can be found on their website, he states in not so many words that he is gay. He says something like " people might be surprised, but a lot of Mickey and my conversations were about who could pick up guys faster, her or me."

Sure enough he did. He discusses his ex-girlfriend (Mickey's friend) after the 3:00 mark, then states that he and Mickey would joke about who could catch guys faster around 4:50:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/videonetwork/1655695921001?odyssey=mod|tvideo|article

Thanks for the tip!

KLFY: "Coming up at 5: The latest in the search for Mickey Shunick. Changes in the way you call in Tips. We'll tell you more at 5."
(this was a commercial on channel 10)

Sounds like the news has no new news either. :/

I reeeeallllly doubt an experienced bike rider would be wearing headphones anytime while riding on the street.

I would tend to agree with you. But, I teach college and have noticed that some students seem to have the ear-buds in every chance they get. Makes me wonder if some drive with them in.

Also, my understanding is that she was not wearing a helmet.

Same.

I'm curious, though- are there any articles that state whether or not Wilson offered Shunick a ride home? We know she didn't accept the offer if he did, but he did say that he offered to get her food:

"By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn't want food. They wanted to go home and didn't want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

And do we know whether or not Shunick had access to a vehicle other than her bike? I don't recall having read any stories that reference that.

If Shunick's only means of transportation was her bicycle, it's easier to see why she wouldn't be interested in being separated from it, despite the four-mile drive home. Wilson's car lacked a bike rack to take it to her house, and she'd be stuck at home without wheels until she could convince someone to drive her over to Wilson's house to retrieve it.

We know that Wilson's own bike was stolen from his house before Mickey's disappearance, so maybe she didn't want to leave her bicycle there and risk the same loss.
I recall someone saying he didnt have a bike rack so that's why she chose to ride home. This doesn't have anything to do with my post, but I was told by a local that she also taught horseback riding.

KLFY: "Coming up at 5: The latest in the search for Mickey Shunick. Changes in the way you call in Tips. We'll tell you more at 5."
(this was a commercial on channel 10)

Sounds like the news has no new news either. :/

Yeah sounds like the tip line will be an answering machine.

I don't know. Experienced runners do it all the time. It may have been a factor in Sherry Arnold's abduction and she was running right on a road.

I know that there's no psychic talk here, but a friend of her mothers told my mom's friend that a psychic said she was in Covington being held, but alive. Do police ever hire psychics? Just curious.

clkworks, thanks for the superimposed photots. Makes the scenario much clearer to me. I don't think that is a truck behind her. Using artist's persective, it seems too small to be a truck. I do agree something has been edited out in the b&w shot.

That white blob would be covering the parallel parking area of Cathedral Carmel School along the side, and looks to be the right approximate size of a vehicle. Could there be a vehicle that was just sitting there that has been photoshopped out?

Notice where the gutter is. The white blob is Not on the road. It looks almost like a group of people were whited out. I thought it was the lights from the school's drop off/pick up lane, but those are further down and I don't see why they would be on at night. This picture has always bothered me. To me it looks like she is going the wrong way.

I don't know. Experienced runners do it all the time. It may have been a factor in Sherry Arnold's abduction and she was running right on a road.

I know, but bike riding is different. Sound awareness is critically important. And with all the riding I've done, I just haven't seen people riding on the road wearing headphones. I used to not wear a helmet when I was younger, and have seen a lot of people not wearing helmets, but no headphones on the road.

This case is losing its national press attention. That ain't good.

I'm feeling it, too. Not a drop in urgency, but I sense the community is growing weary of the rollercoaster, lack of developments, the heat.... Big hits to morale. I know I'm frustrated.

I'm concerned about Lafayette, too. No doubt this is changing us all, thus the city. What a tremendous loss this has been!

I don't know how to do tags or I would def. help out. The one tag that is there made me giggle (#whitetruck) :)
Yes, I'm tired, that was the only one I could manage, lol. Just click on edit tags, then add people and locations we're discussing, separating each entry with a comma from the next one. Each poster can do 20 entries per thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne