LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess my next question is ... was the white truck seen following her in the M-CFH surveillance.

:waitasec: Cutting over to Johnston just seems like it's way, way out of the way for her to get home ... makes no sense to me.
Unless she knew by the time she got to the funeral home that she was being followed for say 5 minutes? I think if someone (a big white truck) I had seen (on parkside opposite me across from versailles) had been following me for 5 minutes, I would have known about it, don't you? The only way a cyclist could not know that is if they are in 'the zone'; meaning they are on open road (long stretches) trying to 'beat the heat' and not looking back OR they are going fast on busy city streets. MS was not going so fast on city streets that she might not have looked back. Granted this white truck may have taken some curvy following maneuvers and stayed far behind (at least a block from MS at ST landry to VOI at St Landry), but I think MS must have looked back once or twice. What do you think? If she thought she was being followed (if I thought I was being followed) I would NOT GO STRAIGHT on St Landry into desolate territory. If this truck was PERP, he took a great chance at following her if she went left onto ST Mary toward Johnston. I say St Mary instead of Brashear because that is the corner of the Martin and Castille Funeral home.

All you non-locals, don'tcha just wanna come live here in the land of chaos? I don't think it's AMW's fault they have the wrong truck, *someone* from Louisiana had to provide the pics to them correct?

We can't get anything straight. No wonder why we haven't been able to find her yet!

You mean Looweezeeana!

ruh roh...they're showing the wrong truck picture on America's Most Wanted.

sigh

You have got to be kidding!

They obviously haven't been on any of these threads here :what:

I'm a Luddite newbie w/little knowledge, can't even do an avatar..I have only one comment. If I remember correctly, a poster made a comment, last week? That the people at the Circle K (including running white t-shirt guy) appeared Mexican/Latino/Hispanic. I was heartened to see the picture of Mickey at La Morenita today. As a vieja of Spanish/Hispanic descent, I wondered, as difficult as cross-cultural interactions can be harsh. Has the LE considered blowing up that pic & taking it to La Morenita or La Tienda or a Latino church? They/we, along w/ wait-staff, etc tend to be 'invisible.' if you're respectful & treat them with dignity, just maybe they saw something, even if they weren't sure? Is it worth a try?

Newbie, maybe. Luddite, definitely not.

Welcome!

America's Most Wanted gets a lot of stuff wrong. It's not any better than Nancy Grace or JVM.

Was told video showed her in front of funeral. DID NOT say showing her turn onto St. Mary. Speculated she may have been weaving toward Johnston to bike lane.
My question is 'what is the front of the funeral home'? I think what grammiof4 means is 'on St landry side of funeral home' because I think the front is actually the circle UTURN on St Mary (correct me if this is the wrong street name).

I'm a Luddite newbie w/little knowledge, can't even do an avatar..I have only one comment. If I remember correctly, a poster made a comment, last week? That the people at the Circle K (including running white t-shirt guy) appeared Mexican/Latino/Hispanic. I was heartened to see the picture of Mickey at La Morenita today. As a vieja of Spanish/Hispanic descent, I wondered, as difficult as cross-cultural interactions can be harsh. Has the LE considered blowing up that pic & taking it to La Morenita or La Tienda or a Latino church? They/we, along w/ wait-staff, etc tend to be 'invisible.' if you're respectful & treat them with dignity, just maybe they saw something, even if they weren't sure? Is it worth a try?

Muchas gracias Donamena. Yo soy Dona Isabelle.

What the heck is all this then? An aerial photo of a truck with a bick in the bed? How did they get that? Are they using drones?

And what is the connection to McGee?

My search party today....I drove, let a couple girls ride with me. The girl sitting up front with me tells me her BFF is RM's gf. Following? I'm like "What? Really?" She tells me what SHE thinks of RM (nothing good) but I won't gossip here b/c RM is not considered a POI. She did not claim to have any insider info, just said whether or not she thought he was capable of something like this. There was a whole conversation going and then suddenly there was a phone shoved in my face with this pic of his truck and a bike in the back and I was driving...so I figured I'd learn all about it when we were done searching and I got back on here. But...turns out this is Lauren's white truck. Idk.

There may be many existing videos of MS that LE perceive would be confusing or non-productive in terms of solving the case if they were released to the general public. Possibly some videos have been turned in that LE suspect might be MS given the timeframe, but they are unable to say for certain.

For example:

Last week LPD Chief Craft was interviewed on "Mornings With Ken & Bernie" and was asked about a video that was located showing *someone* on a bicycle between the hours of 1:30AM and 3:30 AM on May 19.

Chief Craft: “It’s very, very blurry. It’s video from inside a structure… so it’s very hard to see… because… the purpose of the video is to video inside the structure, not outside, … so it just so happened that you can sort of see the street. And it’s dark, and so you can’t make anything out.”

http://talkradio960.com/police-chief-jim-craft-updates-mickey-shunick-search/

Wow. No idea where?

What the heck is all this then? An aerial photo of a truck with a bick in the bed? How did they get that? Are they using drones?

And what is the connection to McGee?

I know that supposedly McGee is "cleared", but fer Pete's sake ...his girlfriend is riding along with a search party with a pic of the white truck with a black bike in back!? And no one else has seen this pic?

Sacre bleu!

The whole class would love a beer, please.

WOW-Here is my 30 pack-pass along-I think everyone here could use one~~~

I am in awe of all you all have done-Mama-handing you one!!!
great job everyone!!

So, maybe the image on AMW is a different image of the Z71 that was mentioned in the press? Didn't they rule out the white truck with the bed cover? Well, this picture on AMW looks very-much like the Z71, but just traveling in the opposite direction, without a bed cover. Makes me wonder...

Here's one thought.

IF there is a video in front of the funeral home, I noticed the building seems to be pushed back further from the road. Maybe it's one of the videos that they talked about being interior and not really 100% sure it was her (they said this before they released the pics we have of her now).
What does it mean for a video to be 'interior'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama