LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

I got so sick of this debate about the white truck that I just called Lafayette PD. The white truck on St Landry, GOING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS IS THE SAME TRUCK. The truck on W University is the one that was eliminated.

The press release was poorly worded <modsnip>! Both pics on St Landrey are the same!

I informed them about the Facebook pic. Could be a coincidence but maybe not. At least they know, now, and can check it out.

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

I got so sick of this debate about the white truck that I just called Lafayette PD. The white truck on St Landry, GOING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS IS THE SAME TRUCK. The truck on W University is the one that was eliminated.

The press release was poorly worded <modsnip>! Both pics on St Landrey are the same!

I informed them about the Facebook pic. Could be a coincidence but maybe not. At least they know, now, and can check it out.

I knew it!!! Thank you so much for answering this! I was on the verge of calling LPD myself since it had been published on national media.

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

WOW! I think someone should request the media definitely clear that up to the public asap then!

I knew it!!! Thank you so much for answering this! I was on the verge of calling LPD myself since it had been published on national media.

You are very welcome. I knew it, too.

i made a zip file of the photos i took of the area around where the picture of the white truck was taken and uploaded it to sendspace, some people may find it easier to just download and view them rather than go through each picture in each post. the zip contains the same exact photos, so if you already looked at them from my previous posts they are the same ones, not anything additional.

AGAIN THESE PICTURES ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE OF THE AREA. FOR PEOPLE WHO MAY NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH THIS AREA, NOT ANY OFFICIALLY RELEASED PICTURES THAT ARE PART OF THE INVESTIGATION

Yes, they sure should clear it up, because they are also apparently giving out conflicting information as per a poster's conversation with a reporter a day or two ago.

ETA: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7994576&postcount=1010"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16[/ame]

WOW! I think someone should request the media definitely clear that up to the public asap then!

Since it's the same truck, same description, I don't think it matters that much. It's mostly here that this has become such an issue.

Now, if you blow this up (and it's a poor photo) it looks like it has a tool box below the back window. I noticed that right away because I thought about Lacy Peterson. I may be way wrong on that because of the poor quality but it interests me considering the FB pic.

http://www.findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg

Cool, that's what I needed to know. Thank you!

You're welcome. If the truck had On Star activated it can probably be tracked through GMs On Star service. It may can still be traced even if On Star is not active, I'm not sure. I do know many stolen vehicles have been found using On Star, sometimes minutes after they are stolen. So it is possible to track a vehicle through satellite. Seems more and more big brother watches us.:( But it does have some positive uses.

Since it's the same truck, same description, I don't think it matters that much. It's most here that this has become such an issue.

Okay, now that it is officially confirmed that the truck traveled in both directions, it certainly is more suspicious to me. Why did it turn around? This has been bothering me since the very beginning. My assumption is that the perp is the driver of this truck and that he/she followed MS for a while. Once MS was grabbed, the perp hightailed it out of the area. Thoughts?

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

The press release was poorly worded and too many made assumptions and then bullied other posters about this! Both pics on St Landrey are the same!

WOW!! Finally someone cleared this up for us! Now we can start sleuthing the other side of it and figure out if there is anything distinguishing about it (besides what has already been sleuthed about that photo)

I expect the thread to really start blowing up after this revelation, making it as hard to lurk as it has been the past few days, save the past few hours today (this thread)...

Not sure why you say it that way.

She is another missing person.

Equusearch was in Lafayette for many days...and surely did much excellent work...they are professionals.

Please tell me what you mean.

They have another missing girl to look for....newly missing....

Okay, now that it is officially confirmed that the truck traveled in both directions, it certainly is more suspicious to me. Why did it turn around? This has been bothering me since the very beginning. My assumption is that the perp is the driver of this truck and that he/she followed MS for a while. Once MS was grabbed, the perp hightailed it out of the area. Thoughts?

No way to know. No time stamps doesn't help, either. We don't even know if the abductor drove this truck.

i've laid off this b/c i was so confused on whether it was or wasn't :-/

Either way, on the pic we thought wasn't the VOI, but now is:::I always thought it looked like the tailgate was down?! I don't look to hard b/c I will start seeing things...but looking at it normal (how the LE released it)...i thought it looked down or not there, but the picture we've been looking at all along seems to have the tail-gate up...IMO!

You can see the white inside the back end...which makes it appear to me that the tailgate is down:

http://www.findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg

Way to go Artis! No new developments, so you went out and found one. Nice work!

WOW!! Finally someone cleared this up for us! Now we can start sleuthing the other side of it and figure out if there is anything distinguishing about it (besides what has already been sleuthed about that photo)

I expect the thread to really start blowing up after this revelation, making it as hard to lurk as it has been the past few days, save the past few hours today (this thread)...

Many aspects of the story have been a little unclear just because of imprecise language. LPD and the press flubbed that by not making it clear that the truck on University was the one that LPD described as having a bed cover. Amazing what you can find out by asking ;-)

i've laid off this b/c i was so confused on whether it was or wasn't :-/

Either way, on the pic we thought wasn't the VOI, but now is:::I always thought it looked like the tailgate was down?! I don't look to hard b/c I will start seeing things...but looking at it normal (how the LE released it)...i thought it looked down (But appeared up in the other one, but it's hard to see the rear w/ the sign right there). JMO

I noticed this as well. Actually, my husband pointed it out when we were comparing pics a few days ago. Again ... very suspicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw