LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds legit to me. And now I feel like I know more about phones.....and knowing is half the battle. *thumbs up*

Samehere.

A quick question about the forum, will we be put in time out if we "thank" a lot? Is there a limit?

Well, I was fighting you earlier as I was farther down the learning curve, but Breshear is the only option if neither 216 nor the two LCG cams have her... unless she got picked up right there in front of Circle K!!!!

Exactly.........now, is LE not telling the entire story, the camera did catch her at 216 Landry? And if that's so, why would they hold that info back?

That dang camera footage at 216, and the two parking lot cams on the west side of LCG are key to the case.

I wonder what would happen if someone directly asked the police about those camera BY ADDRESS AND LOCATION?

I think she's on at least one of them, for reasons I'm working on.

Told me they couldnt talk about it. Active investigation blah blah but that there was no other footage of her. Basically the same **** theyve said in their pressers.

Google the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. You should be able to find something besides a .pdf on it. Federal charges can be pressed even though a state line hasn't been crossed.

Yes, if the kidnapper uses interstate commerce, per the 2006 amendment. If the kidnapper crosses state lines or they use interstate commerce, then federal laws can be applied.

Per your link:

http://law.wlu.edu/deptimages/Law Review/65-2Ram.pdf

However, at 2 a.m. it is very rare that someone is watching out a window. Most people are sleeping and wouldn't notice a white truck picking up a girl on a bike.

If she wasn't injured she would have screamed

I think that's accurate. I've never been clear on the supposed absence of cell phone/tower data.

Between the vague LE statements and the sister's insistence that those phones never die....there's something there that we can't see.

The perp could have pulled out the battery but I don't if these phones contain hidden chips in the body of the phone.

Well she wasn't beamed up lol. If she didn't turn onto Brashear, and she couldn't go throught the large parking lot at City Hall because she would have been seen on camera, so that leaves us with what?

Assuming the 2 west lot LCG cams were working, she would have been seen if she went in that lot - UNLESS they have a big time lapse AND was trying to escape out the back corner to the left. But the would almost certainly NOT have seen her on St. Landry. Too many trees in the way.

Exactly.........now, is LE not telling the entire story, the camera did catch her at 216 Landry? And if that's so, why would they hold that info back?

I agree. Unless maybe it actually captured her death or abduction.

I wonder if fingerprints could survive being in the water-I am guessing it is not likely. The chances of DNA being on file, even if found, are so slim...although would be great to have in case of a suspect turning up.

IF the driver of this truck has nothing to do with Mickey...I feel pretty hopeless about this case, unless it is a serial and another woman disappears.

Tim Miller leaving when he did and saying that there was no new evidence tells me that there probably isn't a suspect at this point, for if there was, there would be some new areas of interest marked out to search, i.e. places known to that person, tied to that person in some way. So I think it is the driver of "WT"...or a complete unknown to this point.

JMO

Assuming the 2 west lot LCG cams were working, she would have been seen if she went in that lot - UNLESS they have a big time lapse AND was trying to escape out the back corner to the left. But the would almost certainly NOT have seen her on St. Landry. Too many trees in the way.

Either way, Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve and should be able to clarify some things come Monday

In 2006, Congress amended the Federal Kidnapping Act, 18 U.S.C. §1201(a), expanding federal jurisdiction to reach kidnappings in which the channels or facilities of interstate commerce were used to commit the crime, even when the physical kidnapping occurred within the borders of a single state. The amendment was contained in a provision of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006, and was expressly intended to permit federal jurisdiction over intrastate kidnappings that resulted from Internet child predation. The constitutionality of the amended §1201(a)(1) is now being challenged on Commerce Clause grounds in several federal district courts.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1837631

I wonder if fingerprints could survive being in the water-I am guessing it is not likely. The chances of DNA being on file, even if found, are so slim...although would be great to have in case of a suspect turning up.

IF the driver of this truck has nothing to do with Mickey...I feel pretty hopeless about this case, unless it is a serial and another woman disappears.

Tim Miller leaving when he did and saying that there was no new evidence tells me that there probably isn't a suspect at this point, for if there was, there would be some new areas of interest marked out to search, i.e. places known to that person, tied to that person in some way. So I think it is the driver of "WT"...or a complete unknown to this point.

JMO

And no more searches planned. What does that tell the community. I don't like it, not at all.

So wait, you talked to a guard who saw her riding around at 2am on a regular enough basis to say she definitively would have gone on St. Julien? Or a guard who saw her the night in question who actually saw her turn left on St. Julien?

From the little we know of the route she actually took, it seems like she was trying to avoid the main thoroughfares. And while Johnston has a "bike lane", unlike Congress, it doesn't seem to me that coming out onto Johnston that close to downtown/UL on a Friday night, near closing time for bars, was the type of route she was going for. Johnston almost always has traffic, especially in that area, so if she made it that far I would imagine someone would have seen her. I suppose it's possible that doesn't preclude the possibility of something happening to her on St. Julien.

Supposedly taking Johnston, albiet for a short distance, was her normal route. Even at 2 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman