LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me.

Look at the file name of this picture: http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/Police/PressReleases/Truck(0151).jpg

(The %28 and %29 are webspeak for parentheses and pop up when you copy and paste a link). The actual file name is "Truck(0151)". You can verify this yourself by going to this page: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677, right-clicking on the picture and selecting "View Image".

Because the picture right next to it is named "Versailles(0147)" and police have said that she was captured on video on Versailles at 1:47 am, I am theorizing that the 0151 in the truck's file name correlates to the time that truck was captured on video.

I had to right click and then click properties to see it, but (and I hate actually say this---so no tomatoes PLEASE) if these jpg's numbers correlate, then the truck that was cleared is hinky, imo. That would, maybe mean MS was seen at 1:48 ....and the outted truck---that was also maybe seen in the upper corner on the 216 Landry shot were the same and could have been caught at 1:51 at the intersection....then proceeded and caught at 2:03 on University headed toward I-10. All three pic are the same trucks!??? Possible. :banghead:

yes, he graduated highschool. i think they said he was 17, which is still young. 17 year olds are vulnerable. i know that he's going to college and all, but i would still try to protect him from the spotlight. emotionally i think it would be very difficult to go through those media interviews. i felt so bad for charlene when the radio DJ said, so tell me, your sister WAS a friendly person. she DIDN'T have any enemies etc. he used past tense a few times and i could see in her face that it got to her.

I dont think all family members need to face the media!
Not necessary!
Parents yea! JMO
Her sister wants to (proud of her)

And i dont think High school students are Vulnerable! LOL
But he dosent have to face the media serves no purpose!

All JMO

I had to right click and then click properties to see it, but (and I hate actually say this---so no tomatoes PLEASE) if these jpg's numbers correlate, then the truck that was cleared is hinky, imo. That would, maybe mean MS was seen at 1:48 ....and the outted truck---that was also maybe seen in the upper corner on the 216 Landry shot were the same and could have been caught at 1:51 at the intersection....then proceeded and caught at 2:03 on University headed toward I-10. All three pic are the same trucks!??? Possible. :banghead:

Exactly!
Thats what i said same truck!

Just to clear up a few things from the last thread, Tom Shunick (Mickey Shunick's father) doesn't work on an oil rig, is not employed by Texaco, and is definitely not a "head honcho" there.

He's a paleontologist/consultant who processes samples for larger companies:

http://www.lafayettepaleo.com/about-us.html

So, that's already three people found out there, and possibly one more, Mickey. I think it's high time Lafayette people start to sit on the steps of City Hall and demand cameras out there at Whiskey Bridge. Had they already had them, we might know who took Mickey. Or at least have some better idea who did it.

only problem is im pretty sure its outside of lafayette city limits, so wouldnt they have to take it to a state level? not sure how it works, but it certainly couldnt hurt things.

only problem is im pretty sure its outside of lafayette city limits, so wouldnt they have to take it to a state level? not sure how it works, but it certainly couldnt hurt things.

Or a bunch of citizens could go stick deer cameras in the area. Problem solved. And it avoids all the government red-tape bull ****

Exactly!
Thats what i said same truck!

AGAIN, the white truck that has been cleared on University CANNOT be the same truck that was seen in the leftturn lane on St. Landry - it does not have a gas cap that is a different color (either chrome or black) that is clearly seen on the photo of the left side of the truck that is, according to LE via Artis, the truck seen going both ways on St. Landry (behind MS then comig back up the road, although the sequence of pics has been debated, it is my opinion it went down St. Landry behind MS then returned the same way it came which is how I have stated it here)...

Not necessary!
Parents yea! JMO
Her sister wants to (proud of her)

And i dont think High school students are Vulnerable! LOL
But he dosent have to face the media serves no purpose!

All JMO
From a friend that is very close to the family - parents (and brother) are pretty reserved quiet people, mom and dad are understandably emotional wrecks. Dad has spoken publicly to media a few times but imagine the difficulty.

Also please consider that using CS in media is a strategic move in at least 1 way -- the sisters look so much alike it is smart to keep CS's face on tv all the time, so even when you're not looking at a picture of MS you still have a lot of their features imprinted in your mind.

AIC, that traffic cam on UNIVERSITY @ I-10 WB should have caught anyone going toward Whiskey Bay? Or am I crazy?

But typically traffic cams do not record, they only show a live feed of road conditions. I dont know if that one falls into this category, but it is likely it does. Also being that it was late at night it could be hard tp distinguish vehicles due to headlights etc

AIC, that traffic cam on UNIVERSITY @ I-10 WB should have caught anyone going toward Whiskey Bay? Or am I crazy?

Are most people assuming the truck went straight to WB with the bike? I don't. (Just speculating.)

My opinion: Absolutely not. The sacrifices involved in appearing before the media are tremendous. Everything you do becomes open to scrutiny. On other sites, I've seen every detail of Brettly's life made public. I've seen his character shredded. I've seen people say, "Even if he didn't do it, that guy needs to be locked up." I've seen people criticize him for crying on camera. You can find people talking about whether they think Charlie is pretty or not. You can find people criticizing how much or how little someone is showing up on camera.

Once you go to the media, you become meat tossed to the lions. And, despite all that, it behooves you to put on a brave face and remain publicly optimistic. It takes inner fortitude to do that, and the family (as far as I'm concerned) has no responsibility to double down on their suffering by all going in front of cameras. They're doing it because they want to, and they hope it helps, but they've got no responsibility to.

But typically traffic cams do not record, they only show a live feed of road conditions. I dont know if that one falls into this category, but it is likely it does. Also being that it was late at night it could be hard tp distinguish vehicles due to headlights etc

You are correct. Most traffic cams are just to observed traffic patterns and conditions and don't record.

It's not in Lafayette Parish!

Jurisdiction no, but it affects many of the surrounding parishes. This would be a great cause and the timing is excellent for receiving support from the business community. Maybe one of the security companies would step up to the plate, in the name of public safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonhope55