LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jujst a thought. There's something white in the background of the original Versailles pic that looks like it could be a white truck. Could it have been parked, waiting? OTOH, that would have requires the perp to KNOW that MS would have taken Versailles instead of Parkside, so I guess I answered my own question. If the perp had stalked her and knew she was at Ryan St., and knew she would eventually get onto St. Landry, he must have been parked on Parkside, waiting.

If the VOI was on Versailles we would have seen it when it passed in front of the Mid South camera.

If my child was missing, I'd be incredibly thankful for all of the people who are passionately trying to follow every lead and idea they can. I'm sure that if you didn't think it was important or relevant, you'd be focusing your efforts elsewhere.

If anything ever happens to anyone in my family - I'd want the WS community on the case.

Me too
People give it their all here

But I do have trouble with so much speculation
I know this is all about opinion and thats great until opinion and speculation gets crazy
IMO, the facts, the few we have tend to get overlooked in favour of rumour, opinion etc

If the VOI was on Versailles we would have seen it when it passed in front of the Mid South camera.

Yeah you're probably right....
BUT - have the police said that is the ONLY picture of the truck they have? They did say something to the effect it had traveled on "both streets."

Maybe they did see it, and only released the best shot of it?

Can you teach me how to write on this picture and I would show you what I see. The white in the driver side is shirt. The white on passenger side is hoodie/hijab. I am 75% sure.

I honestly see nothing, but in your "enhanced pic", it could be the back of the seat...or a distortion from "enhancing" or "zooming". I'm sure the FBI has the equipment to make these pics as good as possible, but that doesn't mean they are good enough to see anything. Nothing against you or anyone else, but I think people are seeing things that just aren't there. And then the rumors begin. JMO though - and I do appreciate everyone's concern and hard work.

But we can't pinpoint the route unless LE releases more info.

How are any of us to get this info? Is a business going to hand over video or pictures to anybody?

Maybe I'm just totally insane in my assumption that LE is doing their job and has checked all cameras in the area. I've got no love for LE, but tha seems like the first thing they'd do. :waitasec:

I'm going back to just reading and not commenting now. :lurk:

I can get the info. Thats what I've been working on. And no a business wont hand that over to just anybody. But Im not just anybody, so....there ya' go ;)

Strange wording...i wonder if that means the handle bars were also separate from the frame??? Interesting perspection about dismantling that had not occurred to me.

If the handle bars were taken off, the bike would lay flatter. Maybe this was to help conceal it.

If correct, I think we could rule out a boat dump.

True. It makes me Lafayette proud. Here in Dallas, people would not have even given it any attention. They would have said it was sad and just kept on living.

LA

I soooo beg to differ. :)

Altho there was a young lady missing recently from a city close to DFW airport that was ultimately found 150 yards from her apartment, after a 'two week search'. :waitasec:

I have seen the same posters claiming they DO see a dog in one post, and claiming they DON'T see a dog in subsequent posts. Not that we are not allowed to change our minds, but wow this is giving me whiplash! In my own personal humble opinion, the quality of the photo that has been posted here is so low that it is virtually impossible to definitively determine who or what is in that truck. :waitasec::waitasec:
jmo imo moo

Can anyone answer that question?

Do most abductors rape in the vehicle they use or do they bring the victim to another location?

-I reread your question and I am sorry I did not answer it correctly-They do both-BUt MO-
They take their victims to a secluded area

I can get the info. Thats what I've been working on. And no a business wont hand that over to just anybody. But Im not just anybody, so....there ya' go ;)

Then I wish you the best of luck! :rocker:

There's nothing I'd like more than to see "found alive" at the top of this thread!

BUT - have the police said that is the ONLY picture of the truck they have? They did say something to the effect it had traveled on "both streets."

Possibly because they didn't release the LCG pic of the older car for whatever reason.

they did say the VOI followed her on both and have additional photos they have not released.

Hi, again, to you. I, too, felt that dark line was the camera and not a shadow from the sign. Looking forward to your next analysis.

I disagree. I still think it is a shadow of the sign. Easy to test, if the sign is still there. All you need is a piece of white poster board, not a white truck.

My opinions only, no facts here:

More about the surveillance camera pic.

I agree with the authorities that this is a Chevy Silverado Z71. There has not been a lot of change in this model over the years, but from the overall appearance of the surveillance camera pic, I think this may be a 2011 model. It looks fairly expensive, with most of the options.

Regarding a question by Artis and an answer by JurysOut about the vertical steak on the white truck in the original surveillance camera pic- the distortion in the original pic is both vertical and horizontal. I believe this steak is actually the raised fender mold that encircles the wheel on this model. Due to distortion, this mold surface appears further to the rear than it should in the original surveillance pic.

Remember that the driver is represented by only a couple of pixels on the original pic. So, it cannot factually be said whether the driver is male or female or stocky or skinny. What I did to define the driver was look at images of this model from the same angle without a driver; then I looked for pixels that might represent the driver on the surveillance camera pic. I admit that every time I look at the original pic I visualize a beefy guy in a white t-shirt, but this is just the way my particular brain cells view this. As for a passenger, I think I am only seeing the seat back cushions on the passenger side.

In the security camera pic, on the wheels, it looks like the holes are spaced about 70 degrees apart. So I overlaid 5-hole wheels (mags) on the original image. There is more than one type of five-hole wheel and I tried to pick the wheel design that best matches the blurry original image.

Since many posters had trouble reading the text on my first image, I am re-posting it here with larger text of an appropriate color. I am now examining the camera image that shows a white truck going in the opposite direction.

I still think the the dark streak is sign shadow. If sign still there, it would be easy to test.

Can the police make out any sketch of these people in the truck? If I can see a burly headed black man and a person with a hijab on in the truck; perhaps the pic could be blown up even more and sketches could be made? I definitely see a light colored hijab. I definitely do not see the dog everyone keeps mentioning. I definitely see a black driver with a beard.

My next question: How many people see a muslim woman with a hijab on out at night after 2 am with a black man? Just seems next to nearly impossible.

Either this woman passenger is not there by will either or this is not a woman under the hijab; but just a cover up hoodie like others have suggested. I do think the face under the hoodie looks black also.

Thoughts?

The head appears dark, but I don't know how you can deduce the race from this picture. It just looks like a dark silouette. Also, don't know how you can deduce anything about a passenger, whether present or no. It is a gray blur.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Cynicism does not constitute an investigative tool. Cynicism wastes valuable energy that can be expended trying to SOLVE a mystery. And this case is a mystery.

Here at Websleuths, we all try to help each other as a constituted TEAM to uncover possible solutions to a crime. Every thought presented in this thread is of possible value. I carefully read and think about every post from my fellow sleuths. Because our collective wisdom trumps the whims of one or a few. I cannot see or visualize any of these details that you describe in your post. Are you teasing us?

Think about it my good friend. We have a potential smash-and-grab and a damaged bicycle. There is a former solved case in Hawaii that is somewhat similar to this one. Are you aware of it? Read about the Dana Ireland case and rise up my good buddy. In cases like this, the damaged bike is left behind but the victim is kidnapped (usually injured) and taken elsewhere. For all we know, the victim still lives! This case is not a game of gratification for those of us who are on the Websleuths team. There is a life at stake, partner. Maybe, when all is said and done, we cannot save that life, but just maybe we can help with the following justice.

Sleuth on!

I don't understand the tone of your post. Shelly was asking some simple questions, not being cynical in my opinion.

I'm open to suggestions ... in your opinion, where should we focus?

There really is nowhere to focus right now, I guess. Unless new video or pics are released, we don't know WHERE she vanished from, IF the white truck is even involved at all, or anything really.

There are so few facts to examine and it's frustrating. We've spent hundreds of pages seeing things, discussing white trucks, and debating BW's sexual preferences and we're still at square one.

At this point, alien abduction is as likely as anything else. :ufo:

LE wants to speak to the occupants of that Z71, so that should be a part of our focus. Finding and reporting them. I check Craigslist every day for someone selling theirs, or trading it in. I am 1/4 through the RSO database that lists their vehicles. One RSO for aggravated rape a short distance from BW, And works at a Body Shop owns a 2003 white avalanche z71, and A Dodge Ram along with three other trucks sitting at his google street view at his listed address. ACI is rounding up more video. Today might be a productive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01