LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.

Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:

* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict: There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.

* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.

* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.

* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.

* Sleuthing guidelines: We don’t permit any posts discussing the sleuthing of non-players. Considering there have been no suspects or POI’s named to date, that means pretty much no one is permitted to be sleuthed, except Mickey, This is done to protect the innocent. Think about it – suppose your son (or daughter) gave your next door neighbor a ride to the grocery store, dropped them off with the understanding that they had a ride home. That neighbor disappears and is now missing. Do you want hundreds of people sleuthing your background? Knowing where you live, work, your kid’s names, ages, where they go to school? Would you like every skeleton in your closet to be shaken and posted on a public forum for the world to see? It is not right and not fair to innocent people. Most of these people are only a friend or acquaintance by sheer circumstance. They do not deserve the public scrutiny. It is completely understandable for Law Enforcement to take this approach. However, after their investigation, if they find no basis for suspicion and clear these people, they don’t make their records public either. Simply put, it just ain’t cool to do and we don’t do it here at Websleuths.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here.

* “Off-Topic” Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. This thread is for discussion of locating Mickey Shunick.

* Verified Posters, Insiders & Locals:

See this Link to the Verified Posters: Professionals and Insiders.

We don’t verify every local who follows any case. You are welcome to post photos & maps of the area, post your knowledge about specific areas (e.g., directions, locations, weather conditions, etc..) so we can all have a better understanding. What you cannot do is post information relayed to you by another person (e.g., “I went on a volunteer search last week & another person I met told me “blah blah blah” <insert rumor of your choice> and she said she got it from a co-worker of Mickey’s sister. That is RUMOR and we do not participate in any rumor chasing events here.

An insider is usually someone with direct knowledge. Often a family member or a close friend. Those we do verify. Keep in mind no one is obligated to become verified; we completely respect and understand those who choose not to do so. All we ask is that you not post inside information claiming it as fact.

That all said, we are very careful when verifying members. However, we cannot endorse the content of their posts nor assert as to the truth of what is being stated. It is up to the reader to decide that for themselves. We’re simply letting you know that an Administrator or Owner has spoken with this person, gathered data to investigate that they are who they say they are. We do this to protect the integrity of the information posted here.

None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here:

LINK -Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

Please know that Moderators are here to help. We realize it takes a bit to learn the WS policies. We've all been there ourselves. At the bottom of the Missing Forum homepage you will see a list of "Forum Leaders". Please feel free to contact the moderator of your choice with any questions you may have. We will be happy to help you learn the ropes around here!
:bump:

OT but I just wanted to say it's awesome having our own personal private P.I. here to bounce things around and share ideas.

:rocker:

Forive if this has been stated/worked out before. Has someone made a grid of the area from above that includes that area from University-St Landry-Coliseum-Johnston w/ probable & usual routes?
I drove down St Landry @ 1 hr ago to see how it ends to Coliseum & saw a man staring intently at the concrete in front of the buns/pizza hut lot. I guess we're all trying to put pieces of an unwieldy puzzle together. I feel for the searchers in this 100+ heat w/index. Like breathing through wet flannel w/ possibility of 'sun pain' round the corner. Worth it for just one clue.

When TES was in Lafayette, he did make a grid search plan, I am not privy to just where that grid pattern started and finished though. Maybe someone local who has searched would be able to tell you/us.

Ok I'm finally back--decided coffee wasn't going to do it, just straight up went back to bed and now ready to start the day all over at 3:30 pm.

As I say every day: Okay, let today be the day Mickey is found. Or at least let today be the day some tiny sliver of evidence is found that leads to something bigger, that leads to Mickey. And yes I am aware the day is half over, but who knows what LE could have discovered while I was sleeping. If they are still watching video, maybe something useful.

The only thing I have to add after catching up on posts is, IMO that's not a window decal people are seeing. I just don't think we'd be able to see one through TWO windows (back glass and rear passenger); tinted or not. I don't have a decal, but I can tape up a piece of paper or something on my back glass and take a pic from the same view that the cam captured the DWTIQ. I'd be surprised if I could see that piece of paper in the pic.

I agree that it isn't a window decal. I personally believe that it is just a distorted reflection of whatever is across from it (the construction sign, maybe?)

the only other thing that I could almost believe it being is a sunshade for a carseat.

I see the dog face - but it looks like a cartoon. I have a mastiff so I am used to the giant head lol, but the proportions are all wrong. JMO

This, despite adamant posts here that RM has been cleared. Until I hear that RM has been cleared by LE I am assuming it is not so.

LE neither confirmed or denied to KATC that they even questioned RM, so theyre not going to turn around and say he's clear. I stated before, he was questioned, searched and cleared all based on a tip. As far as I know thats still true. If theres multiple trucks on his property none of them are his or his family because they only have a couple vehicles registered to them one of which is a truck. As far as people being scared of him....have you looked at him? I dont see anyone being scared of that kid. And for the whole bike thing....that just sounds ridiculous. LE isnt the only ones who saw that bike. Is everyone covering up this evidence **** up?

LE neither confirmed or denied to KATC that they even questioned RM, so theyre not going to turn around and say he's clear. I stated before, he was questioned, searched and cleared all based on a tip. As far as I know thats still true. If theres multiple trucks on his property none of them are his or his family because they only have a couple vehicles registered to them one of which is a truck. As far as people being scared of him....have you looked at him? I dont see anyone being scared of that kid. And for the whole bike thing....that just sounds ridiculous. LE isnt the only ones who saw that bike. Is everyone covering up this evidence **** up?

May not be everyone, but yes, possibly ****** up.

Echoing Cazzie, bits of posts 2, 3 & 4 on page one of this thread

Please remember the following when discussing the Mickey Shunick case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: Link to the Rules Forum [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

By posting on this thread, you are stating you know the rules!

Some posts are like a punch in the stomach arent they :what: especially when it's post and run (or log off and watch what happens). Sick games :cursing:

And for the whole bike thing....that just sounds ridiculous. LE isnt the only ones who saw that bike. Is everyone covering up this evidence **** up?

I agree, it sounds a bit ridiculous. But...people on this thread have wondered about these awfully quiet fishermen who found the bike...Have you talked to anyone who was there when LE recovered the bike, and who saw the bike? Or, did all the news agencies and such show up after they'd already removed the bike and were just there for the additional searches? Maybe it's just one fisherman they're having to keep quiet?

I frequently feel frustrated (unintended alliteration, LOL) with not being allowed (WS TOS) to discuss every single thing about a case...but there are reasons, and they are good ones.

Hoping that Mickey is found soon (aren't we all?)...

:grouphug:

Personally, I can't see even getting rid of the bike UNLESS it was too late for Mickie to be okay...getting rid of the bike seems like a panic attempt to remove all traces of her. JMO

Some posts are like a punch in the stomach arent they :what: especially when it's post and run (or log off and watch what happens). Sick games :cursing:

And that is EXACTLY how rumors get started. EXACTLY.

The member that posted that was contacted by moderators long ago. He has been given the opportunity to be verified and has refused to even acknowledge a Mod PM. That is the person's right, but consider that for what it is worth.

This is the internet folks. Just because someone flys by and posts some juicy tidbit doesn't mean it is factual. Be careful drinking the spiked kool-aid when you don't know who mixed it up, iykwim.

That post is not to be referenced again here for any reason, got it?

Thanks for the alerts and thank you for limiting the quoting and carrying on. It was noted who obliged! Much appreciate it! :blowkiss:

Are ground searches still on today? Are any bodies of water being searched?

SHHH! Bessie is going to be all over this thread!

Anyways how is the weather in LA today? :)

ETA: nevermind...Beach was the fire fingers this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agent 9