LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were Charlie and other family members at the search hq today?
If so I don't think they have had any terrible news in the last day...JMO

From what I have read, LE has indicated she disappeared on a street off of St. Landry. That is the starting point. I have not heard what street that was.

So does that mean from St Landry Street - as in while she was riding on St Landry Street or does it indicate she disappeared from a different street - a street that branches 'off of St Landry'?

Tryna keep my colloquialisms straight.

It won't let me access it......I don't have a subscription. :banghead:

Use a different browser. I use firefox so it'll open in IE for me, and you look like a new user and get free access again. And probably, but I haven't needed to try it yet, clear cookies so they don't recognize you. I'll do that when I run out of browsers.

so how long do serial killers (not saying this is the case) wait until they get their next victim?

i lived in BR during the whole DTL year of terror. it was awful. even though i dont want to be scared, i cant help but be. i wont let my husband leave me alone at night - like in a room even. and i'm having trouble sleeping. of course i want mickey found, but i want him found too. i HATE living in fear and i know its ridiculous for me to be this scared, but i can't help it

I am right there with you! I cannot believe how scared I am lately! From the DTL days, I still don't open my door when someone knocks if my husband isn't home. I got in that habit back then and I still cannot bring myself to answer. My friends have to call my phone if they are dropping by to let me know who it is knocking. This has become more difficult because my 4 yr old doesn't understand mommy's method. She thinks if the doorbell rings, we should answer. I will have to work on that.
I agree I want Mickey found, but whoever took her is a threat to our community and needs to be found as well.

If she knew and trusted this person...her friends would have probably knew this person as well and would have known the person who was driving the truck, right? Idk

Maybe....maybe not. Do your friends know all of your friends acquaintances? From your lifetime of different circles? I speculated earlier that LE prolly got the info on R/Z271 for him to be interviewed from her friends, friends of friends, family or her FB...or friends of friends there. JMO

Speaking from experience (grew up in Lafayette) -- white truck drivers are more often "t-boys"/good ole boys than "hipsters." Usually pretty separate social circles. It does not make sense to me that this was a close friend.

An acquaintance maybe. I put more stock in stranger though.

Horse friends.

I did the math between the two camera pics of MS between the bank and Circle K. Given the fact two different cameras can be a bit off I believe she was going 18-21 mph. Given the appearance she may have been stopped and looking at or even speaking to someone in car in the first video, I'm leaning more toward identifying the car in the first video vs. the truck that passed about a minute after MS in the Circle K video.

However LE may have more video that implicates the truck more so than the first car. However, she was pumping that bike pretty hard between the bank and Circle K IMO.

That's disgusting. :burn:

There is no excuse for this. None. None.

Can a complaint be filed with the State's Attorney General? An investigation of this investigation is warranted.

Holy crap. I'm incensed.

Artis - no wonder they've been so tight lipped. OY!

They're probably tight lipped also because that dept cannot risk anything going wrong, or anyone knowing if it does. They are involved in litigation that has brought about some serious inquiries (all public court records) into the LE dept and LCG.

For clarity: That's not to say that the investigation is not being handled well. I don't have enough info to make that determination. But..you can be certain that they will not willingly take another blow. Their image (and more) would hang in the balance. All efforts will be made to shine if possible, which is why unexplainable oddities occur, like LCG's Chief Administrative Officer present during a night time dive search two parishes away.

So does that mean from St Landry Street - as in while she was riding on St Landry Street or does it indicate she disappeared from a different street - a street that branches 'off of St Landry'?

My understanding was that she disappeared from a steet that branches off of St. Landry.

Hi, I live in Lafayette and when I first heard about the case my mind immediately went to a drunk driver (due to time of night and location near downtown). I assumed that he/she hit Mickey and panicked (knew he/she was going to go to jail for a long time and covered it up). I thought about the possibility that it could have been a fraternity guy headed back to the fraternity houses. If that's the case he could have possibly committed the crime and be back "home" (if home is not Lafayette) now since school is out for summer. Which could possibly explain LE still searching for this VOI?

Very sad situation either way.

Well, let's don't discriminate against fraternity guys; could have been a sorority gal that was texting.

I am right there with you! I cannot believe how scared I am lately! From the DTL days, I still don't open my door when someone knocks if my husband isn't home. I got in that habit back then and I still cannot bring myself to answer. My friends have to call my phone if they are dropping by to let me know who it is knocking. This has become more difficult because my 4 yr old doesn't understand mommy's method. She thinks if the doorbell rings, we should answer. I will have to work on that.
I agree I want Mickey found, but whoever took her is a threat to our community and needs to be found as well.

You're not alone in having developed these habits during the DTL days. I did too, as well as configuring my keyless entry on my car to only open the drivers door, locking my doors immediately when inside my house and car, always having my keys out, never being alone in a secluded place (night or day), etc., the list goes on and on. But I am glad I'm not the only one it stuck with. We need to keep these habits all the time, whether a crime spree is going on or not. I'm a firm believer of living your life alert and aware, but not in fear, in believing in the goodness of people but protecting yourself from those few bad eggs who take, advantage of that belief. Keep up your good habits!

I wouldn't go as far as saying friends, but sure, perhaps - horse community acquaintances?

I think this is where the white off road pickup ties everything in as just about all guys involved w/ horses have OFF ROAD trucks...

Could someone list the agencies still involved.....pretty please...since I can't access. TYVM.

Don't get me wrong, they may still be involved, I just found it curious that they weren't named as an agency involved with the task-force.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off trying to follow Mickey's case.

Economics Teacher: [takes attendance] Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Teacher: Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ferris_Bueller's_Day_Off

I think this is where the white off road pickup ties everything in as just about all guys involved w/ horses have OFF ROAD trucks...

But so do a LOT of the guys I went to high school with in Lafayette... and they have nothing to do with horses, farms, or anything like that. It's just common in Lafayette for guys to have bigger trucks than they need.

I don't think LE has ever indicated any of the above. I think the only thing they indicated was that MS was last seen on camera on St. Landry, so anything that happened, happened after she was seen on that camera. It could have been 5 seconds later, 5 minutes later or who knows how much later.

Why would a drunk driver stop to pick up a bike and body? If he's drunk, hits someone, just keep going if nobody is around. UNLESS, she was not knocked out or dead.....then the drunk might be worried that she could ID the truck and plate number if he just left her there, injured.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off trying to follow Mickey's case.

Economics Teacher: [takes attendance] Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Teacher: Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ferris_Bueller's_Day_Off

That's major CYA if you have to cite the movie link!

Already checked all that. But Im doing it again today in case I missed something

I apologize in advance if you've answered this. I'm struggling to stay afloat through all the posts. ---> I have to work sometimes or they'll take my truck and laptop (and paycheck) away..

Which camera is being referred to here:

But back to you, Chief Craft. What about other businesses or residences that she would have gone past on her bike on the drive home? Do they have surveillance video? Because my sources are telling me there was a surveillance video where somebody goes by on a bicycle. You can`t tell if it`s a man or a woman. Do we know what time that was?

CRAFT: No, we don`t know what time it was, and the video is such a poor quality because a lot of these cameras are actually located inside of businesses for the purpose of videoing inside the business, and so they might catch something on the outside but...

GRACE: Well, Chief, what I don`t understand why we don`t know what time it was because, I mean, the fact that somebody is going by on a bike at, say, 1:45 when she`s missing at 2:00 could have establish that she had made it that far, Chief Craft.

CRAFT: Well, in that particular video, though, the time was noted to be off in the business. So we can get it down to about within an hour, but that`s about the best we can do on that.

source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member