LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: IMO, this very fact makes me feel that the perp could have intimate knowledge of that building and it's cameras, and if so, would also likely know that WB hadn't had camera's installed. Do any city employees work nights? Either in that building or on the streets?

I think the cameras are plainly visible, mounted on the building wall and covered with a dome of tinted glass or plastic. Chicken posted a picture of one or more of these.

BBM: IMO, this very fact makes me feel that the perp could have intimate knowledge of that building and it's cameras, and if so, would also likely know that WB hadn't had camera's installed. Do any city employees work nights? Either in that building or on the streets?

WB and LCG wouldn't have the same city employees. They are in completely different parishes.

They never thought to check them. *shrugs*

I'm amazed my brain is still in my skull. Can't process this at all.

I'll get back to incompetence when we get to the Jerry Sandusky trial.

You mean like a large decal in the back window? I'm not sure what I'm seeing here, but it doesn't look like a fleurs de lis to me or a bike wheel (as others have suggested).

paris2.jpg

Maybe a box fan?

I would think that anyone who had installed a camera at LCG, or anyone who had or is working for LCG, would have been looked at immediately, and ruled out, unless they drove that white truck. MOO

Relatives and friends of those people aren't routinely checked.

People go home after work and talk about stuff.

I think the cameras are plainly visible, mounted on the building wall and covered with a dome of tinted glass or plastic. Chicken posted a picture of one or more of these.

Yes. Thank you, I saw the pictures. But it seems to me they do not cover all the possible angles and someone could know which angles they did not cover. I'm just grasping really...

Just throwing my two cents in-I think the fact that the white truck driver has not come forward can speak to maybe a planned crime!
the driver has to know LE is looking for them-that truck is in a garage or barn where it is not going to be found soon-justMOOC

Agreed. I am not saying that the Z-71 isn't the suspect's truck.

I am saying that if it were a highly planned abduction, would a perp risk driving right behind Mickey in plain view of multiple cameras?

That does not sound very organized. Not saying, though, that even the smartest criminals can't make stupid mistakes.

Yes. Thank you, I saw the pictures. But it seems to me they do not cover all the possible angles and someone could know which angles they did not cover. I'm just grasping really...

That's what I think. It could help explain why WS seems to vanish into thin air. If you know where the cameras aren't, you can get away with a lot more movement.

I wonder if the FBI BAU have enough info for a profile-they were there right?

Agreed. I am not saying that the Z-71 isn't the suspect's truck.

I am saying that if it were a highly planned abduction, would a perp risk driving right behind Mickey in plain view of multiple cameras?

That does not sound very organized. Not saying, though, that even the smartest criminals can't make stupid mistakes.

I think the vehicle may be carrying possible witnesses with their own reasons to avoid law enforcement. Maybe.

There a cyclist subculture of sorts in Lafayette. They're green, concerned with the environment, tend to be health conscious, prefer organic foods, listen to indie, etc. For big events, there is even bicycle valet provided free of charge by some cycling advocates - helps with parking. Of course, these are vast generalizations but I'm just trying to paint a picture.

I'm sure this has been covered, but what is the general concensus as to why we think she headed off to Johnston as opposed to doing the Congress thing. Johnston is so congested even late at night especially at 2 a.m. when some bars close; I might avoid it just for that reason. Is there any other reason besides the fact that she may have had a change of heart and decided to swing by Mel's to meet friends?

Does Borden Ice Cream have cameras?

P.S. On a lighter note, every time I read back a few threads and see the word "hooptie" I lose whatever "it" is left to lose.

:confused: That's another jargon word I don't know.

"Hooptie."

Hoopdie-Dooooo?????

That's all I got.

1) Having just now read the statement about the condition of Mickey's bike when it was found, I agree with the poster who thinks that BOTH the handlebars AND the hand grips were separated from the main frame of the bicycle. My interpretation is that the hand grips could have been -- and probably were -- still on the handlebars when the bike was found. And I also agree that the handlebars could have been removed in order to fit all the parts of the bike into a car (vs. a truck).

2) Not to stir up any more anxiety, but I remember a poster (much earlier in the threads) wondering if someone could have mistakenly thought Mickey was her sister. I don't recall any further discussion about that possibility, but it could be that anyone who knew her sister could have known that she was planning to be back home in Lafayette for the weekend, to attend their younger brother's graduation from high school that Saturday.

I apologize for not posting at the time about the possibility of a "mistaken identity" but email problems prevented me from doing so.

JMO.

bbm: Just jumping off from here (since it was me that suggested in a previous thread that maybe bike had been dismantled and was perhaps transported/dumped in a large container, maybe a cooler).

Someone asked (I didn't see question until after thread was closed, so couldn't respond there then) wouldn't it be odd, if that were true, for the perp to dismantle but then dispose of all pieces in one spot. Just wanted to say that (1)dismantling and placing inside something could hide the bike from prying eyes in a vehicle in transport, in temporary storage, if surprised by unexpected company when making the dump, etc. and (2) my thinking was that, originally, the perp might have planned to dispose of bike piece by piece, but got in a hurry, got spooked, etc.

Just logging off.. and saw this...

The camera at 216 is hard as heck to find and well disguised behind a roof vent. A.C.I found it - I missed it completely, and I was looking hard for it on foot......

I doubt a perp would have found it.

I too had had speculated as seeing it from google maps: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7990905&postcount=688"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne