LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely random, but someone in my office just mentioned one of the victims of Sean Vincent Gillis, Hardee Schmidt - and I wasn't familar with the details, so I looked it up. Made me go back to the planned abduction theory...OMG.
"...Gillis, while trolling for a new victim, saw Hardee Schmidt, 52-year-old mother of three, out for an early morning jog in a well-heeled neighborhood of South Baton Rouge. Schmidt was an ardent runner who had previously taken part in the Boston Marathon, and Gillis sized her up that morning as an easy target. He returned to her neighborhood frequently for the next three weeks, hoping to encounter her again. It was not until Sunday, May 30, at approximately 6:30 a.m. that Gillis was able to seize his opportunity.

He ran her down with his car and knocked the stunned, if not seriously injured, woman into a ditch. While she was dazed and confused, he got out of his car, placed a heavy-duty cable around Schmidt's neck, and began choking her. With Schmidt completely under his control, he shoved her into his car and took her to a nearby park where he raped and murdered her. After mutilating her body with a knife, he loaded her into the trunk of his car-where her nude body remained overnight-and drove home. The following day he drove her to St. James Parish, about 35 miles from Baton Rouge and on one of the routes to New Orleans, where he dumped her body into a bayou next to the highway. A bicyclist found the body the next day."

http://blogs.discovery.com/bizarre/2008/07/baton-rouge-ser.html

"Varying the time of day and route that I run"....

I started doing it after I read about Jeffrey Dahmer deciding to kill a jogger whom he saw running by his house in the morning. He ended up not harming him because on the morning he planned to do it, the intended victim didn't run by.

One more reasonable precaution that doesn't guarantee my safety. :sigh: I know, nothing is guaranteed. Usually I am at peace with that.

After weeks of having little to no new information Abdella says he thinks he has a tangible lead.

"In the last five or six days, I have received some information that I think is very, very credible. I think I have a description of two individuals that could possibly be involved in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick."

Hmmmm.....might be ACI credible?

JVM indicates she'll have some air time devoted to MS. Airing now on the east coast.

Opening with the mailed body parts *advertiser censored* star, natch.

It sounds like the PI got two calls with description identical to the perp. Let's hope this is the break to BRING MICKEY HOME

After weeks of having little to no new information Abdella says he thinks he has a tangible lead.

"In the last five or six days, I have received some information that I think is very, very credible. I think I have a description of two individuals that could possibly be involved in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick."

Hmmmm.....might be ACI credible?

If another description came in of one of my suspects, that'll be exactly the lead Ive been looking for.

Does she have a thread yet? I wanna know about the cab driver.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175114"]LA Jaren Lockhart, 22, Baton Rouge, LA 06-05-2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Do you know who your suspect is or just have a description?

Looking at that site reminded me of something - Why are beds so tall in Louisiana?

Well, we tend to have high ceilings, since that will supposedly let the heat rise away from the people! A little tiny short bed would look ridiculous under a tall ceiling!

NOW ON TOPIC:

I am so pumped! I remember that in the DTL case, Ann Pace (Murry Pace's mom) had a PI that canvassed Murry's neighborhood and he got several leads, strong enough to get witnesses to help with a drawing. That drawing identified the perp as a mixed race individual, clean cut, and looked more like Derrick Todd Lee than the cartoonish picture LE had drawn up. Mrs. Pace released the sketch, and later withdrew it when LE started warning her that she might be causing people to look in the wrong direction. (Shame on them.)

It turned out to not be the clue that cracked the case, but it was a strong, strong indicator that the PI was more in tune with what happened and who did it than the whole FBI/task force group.

So I am going to pray that Mr. Abdella is onto something. He seems to have a rock solid reputation in this area, and I don't think he would jeopardize his rep for something he wasn't truly excited about and convinced would pan out.

I hope we have Mickey back tonight. Please, God.

Does she have a thread yet? I wanna know about the cab driver.

I'm not sure I just saw it on a twitter from seeking the lost and looked it up. It seems like it would be easy to check if she even got to work. Just it makes me scared and sick all of these people and what their families go through. Her name is Jaren Lockhart,but you know that.

Hes been doing this for like 50 years. He's pretty ancient. I don't think he needs to make a name for himself. But if he takes credit for one of my leads I told him I was working on....Im gonna have words with that old man :furious:

He might be ancient, but book deals and television contracts don't just write themselves, you know.

Well, we tend to have high ceilings, since that will supposedly let the heat rise away from the people! A little tiny short bed would look ridiculous under a tall ceiling!

NOW ON TOPIC:

I am so pumped! I remember that in the DTL case, Ann Pace (Murry Pace's mom) had a PI that canvassed Murry's neighborhood and he got several leads, strong enough to get witnesses to help with a drawing. That drawing identified the perp as a mixed race individual, clean cut, and looked more like Derrick Todd Lee than the cartoonish picture LE had drawn up. Mrs. Pace released the sketch, and later withdrew it when LE started warning her that she might be causing people to look in the wrong direction. (Shame on them.)

It turned out to not be the clue that cracked the case, but it was a strong, strong indicator that the PI was more in tune with what happened and who did it than the whole FBI/task force group.

So I am going to pray that Mr. Abdella is onto something. He seems to have a rock solid reputation in this area, and I don't think he would jeopardize his rep for something he wasn't truly excited about and convinced would pan out.

I hope we have Mickey back tonight. Please, God.

PI's are always a little more in tune with an investigation than LE is for the simple fact that we talk to more people, and people are more willing to talk to us and give us answers than they are with LE. Who would you rather talk to? The intimidating guy with the guns and weapons strapped all over him and can haul you off to jail if they don't like your answer, or the guy hanging out with you on your front porch having a cigarette and casually chatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc