LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing objects in the water would be very helpful to determine current flow near the bank. There are plenty of objects - old bread rolls, etc., that would do nicely and be biodegradable and not interfere with the investigation. Please do experiment!

Old bread or rolls, but wouldn't that attract birds? Haven't we been discussing that people should be on the look out for flocks of birds? Might as well just throw in sticks, bark, leaves...things naturally occurring in the environment there. I guess I would be okay with that...but IMO I am not sure tossing anything in right now would scientifically mirror what would happen with a body? Would it?

The tool shop fire does seem a bit off. I hope they take the dogs there for a sniff...I think I read that they work in ash as well as water and l and.

Even more odd that it happened the night before the new search crews were set to start searching. Could be a coincidence, but it does seem a bit odd.

Anyone know how people/dogs get involved in search and rescue?
My dog may be a natural at water recovery, she dives and stays under water for several seconds if the stick she wants is deep. I have watched her closely and she sniffs the water and hones in on the stick. Sometimes she sniffs a lot. She is strong...prefers tree limbs to sticks...

Throwing objects in the water would be very helpful to determine current flow near the bank. There are plenty of objects - old bread rolls, etc., that would do nicely and be biodegradable and not interfere with the investigation. Please do experiment!

That's a great idea, little creatures could eat it too!

insurance fraud? coverup?

????

anything off here?

What's off is that they removed the tails lights (the entire assembly) and inside/dash vent covers of the truck - almost as though that was the primary purpose of the crime - and took the pressure washers as an afterthought. Why start a fire once you get your tail lights and vent covers? Did you cut yourself getting them off and need to destroy evidence that could ID you?

I've no idea what kind of truck it is.

Anyone know how people/dogs get involved in search and rescue?
My dog may be a natural at water recovery, she dives and stays under water for several seconds if the stick she wants is deep. I have watched her closely and she sniffs the water and hones in on the stick. Sometimes she sniffs a lot. She is strong...prefers tree limbs to sticks...

Most cities have volunteer SAR teams. Do a google search to see if you can find one in your area and find out how new volunteers are screened.

:blowkiss: God bless you, Mahouston.

I have an adult disabled brother. Our sister is the head of The Arc in our area. You are probably aware of The Arc, but if not, I recommend that you contact them in your area for help with respite care, and anything else. Fantastic organization for the disabled and their loved ones.

God bless you! You know how it is :) I have an amazing support system and services. California has it going on in that department. He just turned 20 yesterday and he can't speak.. so that's what my job in this lifetime is. To speak for him, protect him, care for him. Nobody loves us like our mama's. I am heart broken for Mickey's. You want to protect them at all times from everything hurtful. Reality is, we can't. :(

What's off is that they removed the tails lights (the entire assembly) and inside/dash vent covers of the truck - almost as though that was the primary purpose of the crime - and took the pressure washers as an afterthought. Why start a fire once you get your tail lights and vent covers? Did you cut yourself getting them off and need to destroy evidence that could ID you?

Was the truck also distroyed in the fire though, or was it just the business?

Odd? Who would steal that? Seems not too useful.

The onlything is, if perp did dump her with the bike from the bank she wouldnt make it out to the center of the channel( where most flow current is) , imo, I think she was dumped out there someplace( I hate to say that) just not at the bridge.

Im going out there to try some experiments, will throw stuff in water from edge and see if and how fast it comes back to the bank

Natural Wood chunks/logs/big sticks would be a good option, and would not cause "littering". If you can find some really water logged small logs, they may even semi-float and may be a good thing to try. You may even be able to find some wet chunks that sink and watch what happens when they sink (like will they keep scooting along the bottom), etc.

Could Mickey have kicked and damaged the inside vents and or inner door panel trying to get out of that vehicle? The taillight/s could have been damaged by throwing the bike in real fast, etc. Something to think about...

Could Mickey have kicked and damaged the inside vents and or inner door panel trying to get out of that vehicle? The taillight/s could have been damaged by throwing the bike in real fast, etc. Something to think about...

They said it was a Yukon?

Looks like I'll be calling my GM buddies.

Wood chunks would be a good option, and would not cause "littering". If you can find some really water logged small logs, they may even semi-float and may be a good thing to try. You may even be able to find some wet chunks that sink and watch what happens when they sink (like will they keep scooting along the bottom), etc.

Semi OT

In Pennsvlania, if a natural stream flows through my property -it does- and an animal lies down & dies in it, I get charged for and fined for polluting a natural waterway.

I must remove said dead cow/horse/bear/deer from my section of the stream. Or push it along to someone else's section.

If I don't frequently check the stream, I could be heavily fined & charged without even knowing what was happening.

Dead animals are biodegradable.

I'd go with bread.

But why would someone be worried about fixing damage inside the truck? That would not be as noticeable as something outside the truck. Doesn't seem like they'd go to a bunch of trouble for that. But, obviously, someone did steal them for whatever reason.

Blood?

If the fire / Yukon accessories theft IS related to this case, it has the fingerprints of THUGS / young punks ALL OVER IT! I wonder if the have anything on surveillance of business or street cams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108