LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Lake Martin have lots of houses camps, etc & that weird 'tower' house around it?

Only a small handful of houses/camps. But yes, there is that out-of-place-looking tower, there.

It's currently listed on the market at over $6mm (the photos of the place are eye-opening), BTW.

But I must ask...where were you going with that thought?

Only a small handful of houses/camps. But yes, there is that out-of-place-looking tower, there.

It's currently listed on the market at over $6mm (the photos of the place are eye-opening), BTW.

But I must ask...where were you going with that thought?

That tower has always fascinated me. I saw the inside pics a few days ago ....absolutely my dream house. Down to the location, just perfect.

I can't think of a time I've been to Lake Martin when I didn't see an alligator either in the road or crossing it. Big ones, too. Once, there was one sunning himself in the road, at least 8' long, and I crept up in the truck until it was right down from my drivers side window, I got that close to the thing. It's amazing to see.

/NOT a white truck thankyewverymuch

That tower has always fascinated me. I saw the inside pics a few days ago ....absolutely my dream house. Down to the location, just perfect.

I can't think of a time I've been to Lake Martin when I didn't see an alligator either in the road or crossing it. Big ones, too. Once, there was one sunning himself in the road, at least 8' long, and I crept up in the truck until it was right down from my drivers side window, I got that close to the thing. It's amazing to see.

Here's the house in all its glory (including moat) with many interior pics.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...reaux-Bridge_LA_70517_M80703-19878?source=web

Just stuck out there in the middle of all that wilderness.

NOW it's not white. (just kidding)

It seems pretty far fetched and assumptive to speculate that this poor guy, who just had his business burned down and his vehicle vandalized, is harboring drugs??? That is really streeeeeeeeeeeeetching in my opinion.
I never said anything about him. Surely he has employees...
and for a car that doesn't run... and has been parked in the same place for a while... perfect place to keep a stash.
jmo

gulp:what:
I seriously don't think the two are related. Immigrants IMO, like myself, don't go trawling for necessities to cover a crime. We're kinda spot on, dont know where to look people, I could be wrong, I doubt it, if it turns out, by dreadful chance, i am, I'll take all Lafayette posters to Saint Street Inn for lunch, with alcohol, my treat. Not that I've done this thing ever.

Running with that thought...
If a victim in your truck caused that kind of damage, would you steal the parts from someone else's vehicle to replace your own? Or would you remove the parts from your vehicle and report them stolen?

Or would you simply want the parts gone from your vehicle by a method having nothing to do with you (or so it would seem)?

Well heck ... I was waiting for a new thread to start but guess I'll go ahead and post this now for y'all's viewing pleasure:

In regards to exploring the possibility of the bike and/or the body being put in the Pilot Channel north of I-10 either by boat or from land I’d like to offer some considerations towards that theory. They should be kept in mind in regards to ‘experimenting’ from the bank where the bike was actually found as well. The data below covers the time span from 5/19 – 5/27.

As PapiGogo mentioned http://bit.ly/Kf5ouM:
Normal flow is less than 5 MPH (you can float down the Atchafalaya in a kayak quite easily).
I passed over that area twice in the past couple of weeks and the water was very, very calm.

I’m not very knowledgeable as far as how the wind (or lack of) and the rise & fall of water level would affect (or not affect) the movement of a body/bike down through that waterway but gathered up some info we can look at and perhaps someone with more knowledge could maybe weigh in on those factors.

First item is the water level. This info is from the WB Pilot Channel gauge located approx. 0.7 miles below the junction with the Atchafalaya River so not too far upstream from the I-10 bridge. On the morning MS disappeared (5/19), the water level was at 9.43 ft. (2:00 am) and was on a steady decline. The bike was located in the early morning of (5/27) at which time the water level was 6.80 ft. (8:00 am). So about a 2.5 ft drop in water level.

Side note to 337RAM: As of this writing, the water level is at approx. 3.97 ft. so 5+ feet lower than it was on 5/19. Makes me wonder how accurate any experiment would be since the conditions are not comparable?? I’m still very curious though to see some pictures of how that area under the bridge where the bike was found looks without the water so high.

As far as the weather, and specifically wind speeds, which I think would affect the speed of the water/current … I couldn’t find historical data for the Pilot Channel or that area specifically so I used a combination of data from Lafayette & Baton Rouge which were very similar. Those charts are linked below. In a nutshell, the winds from 5/19-5/27 were fairly mild however were rather gusty on the 24th but were out of the South.

I’m still pretty much on the fence about where the bike was put into the water although leaning toward it being put in right where it was found. As far as the body (assuming she may be deceased), on the fence about that as well but leaning towards it not being anywhere near where the bike was found. I think the bike location was to mislead LE.

Anywho … hope this info helps in formulating your theories.

Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel Water Levels

Weather History for Lafayette, LA

Weather History for Baton Rouge, LA

If the owner is a single man between 40 & 60, I can be there be lunchtime tomorrow.

Actually, I do believe he is. Until recently, from what I have heard, there was an alligator in the moat. I think he is visible in one of the pics. (The gator, not the man.)

/gotta love his sense of style

"oh, and build me one of 'dem moats, and find me a gator to throw in there too"

Running with that thought...
If a victim in your truck caused that kind of damage, would you steal the parts from someone else's vehicle to replace your own? Or would you remove the parts from your vehicle and report them stolen?

I don't think the person who has/took Mickey would want to have anything to do with the police.

I took a couple of hours to finally clean my house, figured it was safe because we were all sort of at a standstill.....and y'all went all crazy with the postings!

Interesting to read, and to think about.

I'll be shocked if it turns out to be connected, really, REALLY shocked! But y'all are gathering some good info!

And since two pressure washers were stolen, it is obvious two people committed this crime at the tool shop. If related to Mickey, we have two people involved there as well. JMO

I am not following why it would mean two people were involved just because two pressure washers were taken? Hubby and I have one, and I don't think it takes two people to move it....

do k-9 dogs ever look frowny-faced?

Why are you asking this? Did you see a sad K9 dog?

I remember talking with a person who trained cadaver dogs once. She was telling me how determined those dogs are, and she mentioned that it was always a bittersweet moment for the dog when it found a body. The dog was pleased to have done his job, but sad to have found a body, all at the same time. She said it was very hard on the dogs.

Soooo, two of the fires are concidered accidents and the other one with the vehicle parts taken and the two high pressure washers is being investigated at this time. Interesting I must say.

It sure is!

I don't think the person who has/took Mickey would want to have anything to do with the police.

I totally agree, although there are perps that like to be in the middle of the investigation, Ed Kemper for example.

A sudden influx of arson/fires would however give the police something else to do perhaps taking officers away from the search for Mickey.
Diversion tacitc???
ok! back to MICKEY!!!!

Well heck ... I was waiting for a new thread to start but guess I'll go ahead and post this now for y'all's viewing pleasure:

In regards to exploring the possibility of the bike and/or the body being put in the Pilot Channel north of I-10 either by boat or from land I’d like to offer some considerations towards that theory. They should be kept in mind in regards to ‘experimenting’ from the bank where the bike was actually found as well. The data below covers the time span from 5/19 – 5/27.

As PapiGogo mentioned http://bit.ly/Kf5ouM:
I passed over that area twice in the past couple of weeks and the water was very, very calm.

I’m not very knowledgeable as far as how the wind (or lack of) and the rise & fall of water level would affect (or not affect) the movement of a body/bike down through that waterway but gathered up some info we can look at and perhaps someone with more knowledge could maybe weigh in on those factors.

First item is the water level. This info is from the WB Pilot Channel gauge located approx. 0.7 miles below the junction with the Atchafalaya River so not too far upstream from the I-10 bridge. On the morning MS disappeared (5/19), the water level was at 9.43 ft. (2:00 am) and was on a steady decline. The bike was located in the early morning of (5/27) at which time the water level was 6.80 ft. (8:00 am). So about a 2.5 ft drop in water level.

Side note to 337RAM: As of this writing, the water level is at approx. 3.97 ft. so 5+ feet lower than it was on 5/19. Makes me wonder how accurate any experiment would be since the conditions are not comparable?? I’m still very curious though to see some pictures of how that area under the bridge where the bike was found looks without the water so high.

As far as the weather, and specifically wind speeds, which I think would affect the speed of the water/current … I couldn’t find historical data for the Pilot Channel or that area specifically so I used a combination of data from Lafayette & Baton Rouge which were very similar. Those charts are linked below. In a nutshell, the winds from 5/19-5/27 were fairly mild however were rather gusty on the 24th but were out of the South.

I’m still pretty much on the fence about where the bike was put into the water although leaning toward it being put in right where it was found. As far as the body (assuming she may be deceased), on the fence about that as well but leaning towards it not being anywhere near where the bike was found. I think the bike location was to mislead LE.

Anywho … hope this info helps in formulating your theories.

Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel Water Levels

Weather History for Lafayette, LA

Weather History for Baton Rouge, LA

So it basically drops down each month, today it's at 06/07/2012 15:00 3.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics