LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think she was hit just enough to knock her off her bike (and damage the bike in the rear) and then taken bodily into a truck, along with her bike, possibly requiring two people or more to do so. And that the bike was dumped...after.

Unfortunately, that screams premeditation to me if it were true...

There are a few things that already made me think that:
1. She and her bike were grabbed where no one would see the act. And, whether by design (my opinion) or coincidence, no cameras caught any of it.
2. This one builds on #1, but to accomplish grabbing her where no one would see, the perp(s) likely knew her usual route. This either means she was stalked or told the perp(s) at some time what route she took to get home. It is possible she may have discussed such things with other bike enthusiasts.
3. The bike was dropped without her at an infamous location in Louisiana, Whiskey Bay.
4. No evidence was left anywhere along Mickey's route. If what happened was an accident and the perp(s) left in a panic, then something probably would have been left.

This is just my opinion, so it could all be wrong. Hoping and praying she is found soon.

Sorry to bring this up again. But just in case I missed it. Did the lady who posted from lake Charles about white duelly/daquari shop abandoned ever post again? I was hoping for a follow up on that.

also, what ended up being the deal with the abandoned truck at the east texas motel? whats the jist of the story?

It was a dead end-not significant-thanks ACI.

I get the impression that BW might have had a "crush" on Mickey and that she only liked him as a friend. So when he would get "weird" on her, she'd make an excuse to leave.

Men can be like that. You don't think he respected her boundaries? Maybe if he was drinking or something he'd get sloppy. That said, why would she be planning to go to New Orleans with him then? Behavior like that would get annoying if true. She'd be stuck there with him with nowhere else to go. I don't know, it seems he accepted her choices and just liked her for herself.
I wonder why he and Emily broke up. Why would they have to break up unless their relationship wasn't that great to begin with. How long had they gone out together and were they considered an item? Just wondering out loud as BW verbalized that MS and E had a strained relationship.

I think this is coming mighty close to sleuthing people and it's why the thread has been shut down before. We're not supposed to point fingers, at least as far I understand the rules. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know that anyone potentially stalking MS would see BW as a threat towards that. He isn't exactly an imposing presence or anything. If I were a stalker looking to kill, I'd just abduct and kill both if it came to that.

Not if all you wanted was MS. You might be frustrated with BW's presence, but you'd wait until she could be easily taken alone. Why deal with the extra baggage of someone you aren't interested in at all.

I get the impression that BW might have had a "crush" on Mickey and that she only liked him as a friend. So when he would get "weird" on her, she'd make an excuse to leave.

I'm on the record here of hating those kinds of insinuations. There is NO reason to think that Brettly ever got "weird" on Mickey. None whatsoever. It borders on character assassination to imply stuff like that. And, if anyone wants to conjure up possible realities, then it could just as easily have been Mickey who had a crush on Brettly. That said, nothing indicates anything like that and they were planning to be roommates in NOLA. Having had many good male friends in my life, including three who were roommates, Brettly looks like someone I would would have been friends with.

Not meaning to sleuth, just asking.
I have my reasons but I'm afraid to bring those up here too ~ a hint would be 'hate crime'.
Nothing to do with BW's ex.

I do not believe BW is at all responsible. I have said that many times. My theory that he may have had a "crush" on her and that is why she left isn't accusing him of anything illegal.

I'm on the record here of hating those kinds of insinuations. There is NO reason to think that Brettly ever got "weird" on Mickey. None whatsoever. It borders on character assassination to imply stuff like that. And, if anyone wants to conjure up possible realities, then it could just as easily have been Mickey who had a crush on Brettly. That said, nothing indicates anything like that and they were planning to be roommates in NOLA. Having had many good male friends in my life, including three who were roommates, Brettly looks like someone I would would have been friends with.

agreed. he was cleared, anyhow. they will shut the thread down if we keep talking about him

Just to point something out. There isn't a hospital on St. Landry. The old Lourdes used to be there, but they moved recently-ish. But otherwise, it's a plausible theory.

No freaking way she got in a vehicle with someone of her own volition! If she were hit and conscious, she had a cell phone and could have called 9/11.

No freaking way she got in a vehicle with someone of her own volition! If she were hit and conscious, she had a cell phone and could have called 9/11.

A lot of otherwise intelligent, cautious women have gotten into vehicles and been abducted thousands of times before.

Maybe it is what happened in her case and maybe it isn't. But, it does happen all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005