LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked my butt off to resize my photos for you... or they would have blown the margins. I blame Steve Jobs! ;-)

i don't know if that would be a good spot.... probably would hang up on shore - but who knows?

Chicken Fried--

If you stood at the top of the path or drive at WB and say threw the bike down the bank because you did not want to try to walk the steep path down with the bike in hand, would it be far enough up to cause damage to the bike's tire?

Just thinking the perp could have done that and then gotten himself down the path, picked the bike back up and threw it in the water. Just wondering if that would cause any damage or would it be too short of a distance to cause any major damage?

TIA

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean or run you off of the thread or anything. I was just saying there's page after page and thread after thread of discussions on the white truck. Any question or theory you may have about the WT has most likely already been answered and discussed thoroughly. I was just informing you that if you go back and read through old threads you'll likely find the answers you're looking for.

Or not.

:floorlaugh:

I worked my butt off to resize my photos for you... or they would have blown the margins. I blame Steve Jobs! ;-)

i don't know if that would be a good spot.... probably would hang up on shore - but who knows?

It still blew the margins for me and I have a PC. Photos need to be 640 pixels or less in width. :waitasec:

How would Mickey's murder be a hate crime?

Targeted because she's a white girl, I suppose. I really doubt it. If it turned out to be that, it would get hushed up because 'hate crime' was only meant to be applied to certain victims.

People really out to research where 'hate crime' and 'hate speech' laws originated, who cooked them up and for whose benefit. The agenda behind it is sheer evil and that's all I'll say.

Ola.... first post ......WOW.........you are so good at what you do ......just would like to say hi

My opinions only, no facts here:

The following statements are taken from one of my Holly Bobo posts, and modified to fit this case.

If you research other solved or partially-solved (e.g. Morgan Harrington) female abduction cases that involved a vehicle, you will see that the personal items are discarded at or near the crime scene or as soon as possible after the abduction (say 1 to 2 miles away), or are never found. If MS was abducted, her bike should have been discarded as soon as possible, while she was still with the abductor. The statistics say that MS is NOT where the bike was discarded. This is empirical reasoning only, I could be dead wrong.

It still blew the margins for me and I have a PC. Photos need to be 640 pixels or less in width. :waitasec:

Your resolution is awful small.... I can't remember the last time I used 640... have you tried a different resolution ever? You might see if that helps. I've already resized them down from 1100 to 800, on the advice of mods, and I really didn't want to do even that, because most folks can read them. I really hate to go any smaller than 800, because at some point you lose the detail... Maybe you can fiddle with it? Most people are getting this smaller size fine, I was told.

How old is your PC, and what size screen? :confused:

Chicken Fried--

If you stood at the top of the path or drive at WB and say threw the bike down the bank because you did not want to try to walk the steep path down with the bike in hand, would it be far enough up to cause damage to the bike's tire?

Just thinking the perp could have done that and then gotten himself down the path, picked the bike back up and threw it in the water. Just wondering if that would cause any damage or would it be too short of a distance to cause any major damage?

TIA

Hard to tell... the dirt's not real hard... I'd kind of think that it wouldn't bend the rim. You're getting into the question of whether the perp knew the spot well. I don't know if I see someone just randomly slinging it without knowing what's down there. I really do think it was thrown off the ledge. I was told it was directly under the bridge, and if thrown down the path it would be to the side of the bridge.

I think that if someone knew that spot at Whiskey Bay, they knew the water wasn't right there near the top of the path. The fact that it was in the water, to me, means that the bike was meant to be in the water. They only option I see, given the reported location, is to throw it off that ledge. It could be that even if the perp(s) knew the location, they actually didn;t know how deep the water was. It surprised me to see the fisherman's 12-y.o. daughter 10 feet out in the water and still have the water not even up to her hips.

Your resolution is awful small.... I can't remember the last time I used 640... have you tried a different resolution ever? You might see if that helps. I've already resized them down from 1100 to 800, on the advice of mods, and I really didn't want to do even that, because most folks can read them. I really hate to go any smaller than 800, because at some point you lose the detail... Maybe you can fiddle with it? Most people are getting this smaller size fine, I was told.

How old is your PC, and what size screen? :confused:

No that is not my resolution. That is the size photos we are suppose to use on every forum I am on. Sorry but my resolution is 1268/780 and if I make it more will not be able to read the text as it will be too small. I am on a laptop. :truce:

Below is the river stage between the time Mickey went missing, to today, June 9, when I took the pictures. Note that the bike was found May 27. The water went down about 2.5 ft. between the time she went missing and the time the bike was found. Today, it was down another 2.5 feet from then. So, for a 5-ft tall girl to be not quite up to her hips - let's say she was in 2.5-ft of water, 10 feet from shore... that's about how far I estimate the bike would have gone, thrown off the ledge. So we need to add 5 ft. of water to the waterline seen today in the photo of the bridge support pillar base, to simulate conditions the night of the abduction. Now let the water drop 2.5 feet by the time it was found (all this assumes the bike was put there that night or the next day after the abduction). For it to be found with just a part above water... you know, someone COULD have walked part-way down the path and thrown it. Otherwise, it would have still been underwater when it was found. If the girl was in 2.5 ft. of water today, and it were thrown near her, the bike should have been 5 ft underwater when found, and it wasn't, according to LE.

So maybe my theory of the ledge is wrong. Guess I just shot down my own theory, using that river-stage chart. Oh well....them's the breaks.

I think someone went as far down the path as they could, and threw it in.

:

WBriverstage051912-060912.jpg

Thanks!

Yes.

BIKELOCATION.jpg

That may have blown the margins for some Apple users; I haven't resized my whole Photobucket album yet. Steve Jobs wasn't God.

I see "Work Canal," on here, but I don't see where that canal is. Can somebody help?

I'm wondering what kind of person works with an accomplice to abduct someone
Read about the two that abducted jogger Sherry Arnold in Montana. I know there are other cases too, just can't think of them now.

I see "Work Canal," on here, but I don't see where that canal is. Can somebody help?
Right above the words work canal, you'll see water between eastbound and westbound I-10. I think that is it, according to previous discussions. There is a boat ramp right there where the I-10 symbol is.

Right above the words work canal, you'll see water between eastbound and westbound I-10. I think that is it, according to previous discussions. There is a boat ramp right there too.

Okay, thanks. I thought that was water, just wanted to make sure.

Wanna say thanks to Chicken Fried. Now I know what it looks like under there.

I think that would have been quite a chore, someone alone putting that bike there at night, even if he/she were familiar with the area.

I suppose if the perp had help with someone holding a light, it may have been easier. jmo

What is your screen resolution? Have you tried changing that?

ETA: never mind I see you've answered that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck