LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So whomever did this WAS feeling a tinge of guilt, enough to think about the grips & to submerge it. But, there's one thing that person forgot the grips retain fingerprints!

is this the only case the firm currently has? The website might lead one to think so. Was the wesbite just now created - like, just for this case even? Firm sounds pretty new. Regardless, more folks to keep working toward the same goal is always good.

ETA - sorry, I think I get it now. Go get em tiger.

No, I just updated the site to add some information about MS. This is the only case Im devoting 100% of my time to, which is how it should be.

These are not in the correct sequence. Mickey rides past Circle K at 1:47. The white z71 follows behind her at 1:48. Then the white trucks passes going in the opposite direction turning left presumably. Cannot quote me on this but I think it was about 5 minutes later. Does anyone know?
---------
Since there is no continuous video published, IMO, LE could have only released their selected still photos of the DWT, in order to get the public to try and ID the truck, but keep the rest of the info. to themselves, that they think only the perp.(s) would know. For example, a possible sequence of events could be:

1. Still photo published to public of Mickey riding her bike.
2. A second later, the DWT hits her. (Still photo omitted of impact).
3. Mickey is thrown to the right of the DWT, the DWT obscuring the view of Circle K customers. (This still photo omitted).
4. Mickey is grabbed into the right-hand side of the truck. (This still photo omitted.)
5. Still photo published of DWT immediately after she has been placed into truck. Her bike and belongings are near/under the truck.
6. Truck takes an immediate right into parking lot. (omitted still).
7. Truck turns around. (unseen by camera or omitted).
8. Published still photo of truck going opposite direction. Mickey is in the truck.

We must all focus on finding Mickey instead of trying to score points here with arguments or writing in caps. Please, please imagine if Mickey was your daughter or sister or best friend, what would you do right now? I think you are all doing a wonderful job in brainstorming and sharing local knowledge as well as commonsense and intelligence too...so please please don't waste any more precious time with in-fighting. Peace, love & respect - and let's all do our very best to keep the search for Mickey in the public eye and bring her home to her lovely family.

---------
Since there is no continuous video published, IMO, LE could have only released their selected still photos of the DWT, in order to get the public to try and ID the truck, but keep the rest of the info. to themselves, that they think only the perp.(s) would know. For example, a possible sequence of events could be:

1. Still photo published to public of Mickey riding her bike.
2. A second later, the DWT hits her. (Still photo omitted of impact).
3. Mickey is thrown to the right of the DWT, the DWT obscuring the view of Circle K customers. (This still photo omitted).
4. Mickey is grabbed into the right-hand side of the truck. (This still photo omitted.)
5. Still photo published of DWT immediately after she has been placed into truck. Her bike and belongings are near/under the truck.
6. Truck takes an immediate right into parking lot. (omitted still).
7. Truck turns around. (unseen by camera or omitted).
8. Published still photo of truck going opposite direction. Mickey is in the truck.

But someone called LE and asked if the bike was under the truck and LE said no!

What's the difference in "turning onto St. Landry" and "turning on St. Landry"?

If the DWT was following her from St. John and continued onto St. Landry, he never turned. That's a straight shot.

Makes sense to me if this is correct. If they didn't slow down to make a turn then they were likely entering St. Landry at a higher rate of speed. That explains how she crossed the camera at 1:47 with no truck in sight and then the truck crossed the same spot at 1:48.

I do not know the streets and have not looked at a map as of yet so that is just my hypothesis.

ACI, one day I'd love to hear how you getting hired came about. This is the best news I've heard on this case for days.

Not much to tell. People I think tired of feeling like their tips werent being heard or followed and wanted to see more work being done. Obviously WS played a part in letting people know about my Agency and the fact that Ive been working on this case 24/7. People who want as many boots on the ground as possible in this investigation.

THIS is a VERY important CLUE! Think about it... this means they weren't in a HURRY to dispose of the bike...it was probably dumped AFTER they got her to a secluded location where THEY felt COMFORTABLE!

I personally have not seen anything to lead me to feel that the bike was dismembered. It's been stated that the only damage was to the back. Doesn't even state back tire...back frame. Based on other bicycle accidents the grips can come off in the moment of impact. Or, God forbid, she held onto them with her life while they tried to remove her from the bike. I really hope and pray that she is found safely but if we must go with an alternative...I hope it was an accident and she was unaware of what happened.

Makes sense to me if this is correct. If they didn't slow down to make a turn then they were likely entering St. Landry at a higher rate of speed. That explains how she crossed the camera at 1:47 with no truck in sight and then the truck crossed the same spot at 1:48.

I do not know the streets and have not looked at a map as of yet so that is just my hypothesis.

That's a possibility. It could be that the pic of Mickey was at 1:47:55 and the truck was at 1:48:01. Or Mickey was seen at 1:47:00 and the truck passed at 1:48:59!

Our time stamps don't show the seconds, so conceivably the truck could have passed within just a few seconds of Mickey, or almost two minutes later!

I tend to believe that the times were closer together, rather than further apart, just because LE seems to be (or was) interested in the truck.

Just one more thing to be frustrated about, huh?

I watched this video and one thing that struck me was that the dr. said that an SK may be the nicest person in the world, seemingly normal. But something triggers them and then they start to plan.

Yes, K.jill, they can instantly change demeanors, as swiftly as a camelean changes colors. Even cameleans that haven't been photoshooped..

Discovery ID has a documentary on tonight at 10 PM est tonight.

That's a possibility. It could be that the pic of Mickey was at 1:47:55 and the truck was at 1:48:01. Or Mickey was seen at 1:47:00 and the truck passed at 1:48:59!

Our time stamps don't show the seconds, so conceivably the truck could have passed within just a few seconds of Mickey, or almost two minutes later!

I tend to believe that the times were closer together, rather than further apart, just because LE seems to be (or was) interested in the truck.

Just one more thing to be frustrated about, huh?

The pic of Mickey in front of the Circle K was given as approx. 1:48 by LPD press releases and the truck was also given a time of approx. 1:48 in later articles. The one on Versailles of Mickey was released as 1:47.

So you are right, they are close :D

Not much to tell. People I think tired of feeling like their tips werent being heard or followed and wanted to see more work being done. Obviously WS played a part in letting people know about my Agency and the fact that Ive been working on this case 24/7. People who want as many boots on the ground as possible in this investigation.

A.C.I., thanx for what you do..

RE: People who want as many boots on the ground as possible

'If you need boots on the ground, just give a shout out'

Also is it ok to share the link of the website on FB,etc.?
http://www.averlock.com/#!MICKEY SHUNICK/cyc2

There are lots of unsolved murders of women and lots of violent, murderous people.
We can't assume they are all down to one person...not even if they are within the same region...
I just don't see similarities between Mickey going missing and the other women being murdered in Jennings...
JMO

Do we know what happened to the bike Shawn Hornbeck was on when he was snatched? It said his kidnapper bought him a new bike later that year, but what did he do with the original?

His bike was not found. Michael Devlin took the bike as well when he abducted Shawn.

We must all focus on finding Mickey instead of trying to score points here with arguments or writing in caps. Please, please imagine if Mickey was your daughter or sister or best friend, what would you do right now? I think you are all doing a wonderful job in brainstorming and sharing local knowledge as well as commonsense and intelligence too...so please please don't waste any more precious time with in-fighting. Peace, love & respect - and let's all do our very best to keep the search for Mickey in the public eye and bring her home to her lovely family.

Well said.

I personally have not seen anything to lead me to feel that the bike was dismembered. It's been stated that the only damage was to the back. Doesn't even state back tire...back frame. Based on other bicycle accidents the grips can come off in the moment of impact. Or, God forbid, she held onto them with her life while they tried to remove her from the bike. I really hope and pray that she is found safely but if we must go with an alternative...I hope it was an accident and she was unaware of what happened.

Correct, as far as I've read, LE has never confirmed this. I believe it was a reporter, Nancy Grace(?), who was badgering LE about whether or not the hand grips were on Mickey's bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck