LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a rumour about that but the person who told me got it from their friend who sayed that he lived in the same apartment complex as Mickey he saw her that night an she was crying saying someone took her bike an he felt bad because he blew her off .... Mickey leaves in a house that's the reason I didn't fall for that one

Not me, did you see this anywhere?

When I was searching through old comment threads on KLFY FB, someone named Ashley Thibodeaux Landry mentioned that a lady saw her wandering around her neighborhood on foot Saturday morning. I'm sorry this is such a vague story, but it is based on a comment posted on 22nd May. It definitely peaked my interest! I hope we can find out much much more about this. If I find anything I will post it.

Why is Mickeys sister saying that the ONLY PI working on the case is Abdella. Why did you (ACI) say you spoke to Mickeys mom directly and know the family?

The only PI working the case FOR the family, is Abdella. Any PI can investigate any case they choose, so long as they are not soliciting funds in the name of the missing individual. Private individuals chose to donate to the firm ACI works for, and they earmarked their funds to go towards the investigation into the disappearance of MS. There is nothing nefarious about it.

Why is Mickeys sister saying that the ONLY PI working on the case is Abdella. Why did you (ACI) say you spoke to Mickeys mom directly and know the family?

Because I did speak to her directly. As well as others. They've known from the beginning I was working on this case independently. I never said I was working for them.

Because he's the only PI on the case that is representing their family. They personally hired him. A.C.I. was hired by a group of donors to investigate, but he isn't directly representing the family. Apparently, some people were claiming that A.C.I. or others were on the case per the family's request. I think CS just wanted to clarify it.

I do find it sad that someone thinks it's a waste of the donor's money to have A.C.I on the case. From what I've seen on WS, he seems to be doing a heck of a job even before he was officially hired to investigate. Why would it be a bad idea to have an extra set of eyes and ears on the investigation?

Precisely. It was worded very poorly and hopefully they clarify it.

I think it's important to remember, much as Tricia referenced psychics who prey upon the family members of missing individuals..there are unscrupulous PI's who do the same thing. Accordingly, many families in the tragic and awful situation the Shunick's find themselves in, have to make decisions regarding who they endorse/approve of/etc. They have a PI: Therefore, they made a statement to that effect, but stating (paraphrased) that ACI can continue his investigation, but he is not 'their' PI. That's totally understandable, especially given the vulture-like tactics employed by some of these jerkface PIs that exist (they are few and far between, with licensing through the state, at least in IL, but they DO exist). I'm of the opinion that ACI is NOT one of those PIs - he seems a stand-up guy, and he has made NO ATTEMPT to make money off of her name (fundraiser, press conference, etc.) Instead, he is trying to keep her name in the press, and did a blogtalkradio show that hopefully spread the word to more people out there. Any inference otherwise, regarding his character, is uncalled for, IMO, and unjustified. (JMO)

Where is Mickey?...Thinking of her and her family, today....

I think it's important to remember, much as Tricia referenced psychics who prey upon the family members of missing individuals..there are unscrupulous PI's who do the same thing. Accordingly, many families in the tragic and awful situation the Shunick's find themselves in, have to make decisions regarding who they endorse/approve of/etc. They have a PI: Therefore, they made a statement to that effect, but stating (paraphrased) that ACI can continue his investigation, but he is not 'their' PI. That's totally understandable, especially given the vulture-like tactics employed by some of these jerkface PIs that exist (they are few and far between, with licensing through the state, at least in IL, but they DO exist). I'm of the opinion that ACI is NOT one of those PIs - he seems a stand-up guy, and he has made NO ATTEMPT to make money off of her name (fundraiser, press conference, etc.) Instead, he is trying to keep her name in the press, and did a blogtalkradio show that hopefully spread the word to more people out there. Any inference otherwise, regarding his character, is uncalled for, IMO, and unjustified. (JMO)

Where is Mickey?...Thinking of her and her family, today....

Well everyone feel free to go defend me over there on FB before too many people jump on the trash A.C.I bandwagon.

Well everyone feel free to go defend me over there on FB before too many people jump on the trash A.C.I bandwagon.

I didn't realize you were an ambulance chaser, A.C.I. Shame on you. ;)

But really, it's disappointing that people are making judgements on you when they don't even know you.....

A.C.I.,
Hopefully you, Abella (?), or any of the thousands of people involved in this case will find some answers soon. I don't think it matters who's paying your bills. You seem to be working tirelessly to help find out what happened to Mickey. Prayers are with you, Mickey, her family and, now, her 30,000+ friends!

This may already have been posted, but it is a story I found kind of odd. Just heard it on the local BR news. Maybe this stuff happens more than I think. However, the guy was driving a "white, newer model Chevrolet truck." I know, I know, we were told the VOI is a GMC, but for some people it is easy to confuse the two.
http://www.wafb.com/story/18807982/police-warn-drivers-of-impostor-officer

....I might be totally wrong here, but I could have sworn that they're still looking for the Chevy Z71 white truck that was apparently following Mickey.

I am under the impression that the family never did hire Johnny. From day one Johnny was engaged by a private donor /concerned citizen. It wasn't until a couple of weeks into this that the family made an announcement that they had engaged Johhny as if it were a new development. Johnny had been on the case from the beginning as far as I knew. I think someone needs to ask this family, are you paying Johnny? if so, when did you start paying Johnny? If Johnny is not being paid by the family, he only then answers and is responsible to the person who writes his check. Anyone in the community can hire a PI to research whatever they want, including this case, and Charlene Shunick has NO CONTROL over that AT ALL! I hope ACI is successful and I'm very glad he is being paid separately from the family. Our community needed that. With all the politics going on with our police department, and the apparent politics withing the MS social media team which appears to consist of young adults who don't have a lot of life experience in this sort of thing(who would?), maybe a professional who is not emotionally attached can figure this thing out. Whoever his private funder is.........THANK YOU!

This may already have been posted, but it is a story I found kind of odd. Just heard it on the local BR news. Maybe this stuff happens more than I think. However, the guy was driving a "white, newer model Chevrolet truck." I know, I know, we were told the VOI is a GMC, but for some people it is easy to confuse the two.
http://www.wafb.com/story/18807982/police-warn-drivers-of-impostor-officer

Thanks for posting this. Likely not related but I commute to Shreveport so I will be weary of anyone trying to pull me over in an unmarked car!!

Thanks for posting this. Likely not related but I commute to Shreveport so I will be weary of anyone trying to pull me over in an unmarked car!!

Yes, please be careful! The guy is obviously up to no good. On the newscast, they said to call 911 if you aren't sure of who is pulling you over. They have to call in all traffic stops, so they will be able to tell you if it is the real deal.

Great interview. I just listened to the playback. I hope that you do find Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx