LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had someplace safe to go, why stop off and leave the bike? Risk being seen doing that? At that point, no one even knew Mickie, or a bike was missing. I really think the bike was placed there later, at least the next day, in hopes that LE would figure Mickey was there at WB too. And I believe WB was used so that a "serial killer" would be the first thing many people thought of, or at least a "professional criminal", whereas in fact perhaps this person is not either. JMO

My personal opinion about this is that the bike was dumped soon after the perp learned that it was one of only three of its type in Lafayette, and that it stood out from the other two in that the seat had been upgraded.

ACI has said there is reason to believe she continued down St Landry toward Coliseum, and we have had multiple locals say they saw what looked like police searches of those areas, so...there is the distinct possibility that whatever happened to Mickey did not happen in the area near the Circle K, but happened further along her route to Coliseum and then north to Congress.

If she made it as far as Coliseum, the possible route would put her passing Blackham Coliseum then toward Souvenir Gate which would pass the Fraternity/Sorority Rows and on towards the Cajun Dome, Sports Complex, and Cajun Field. Does any of the current locals know if any of these locations had events going on the night she disappeared? Are the locals indicating that these areas have been searched or just the general area?

It has been 20 years, but, when I was in school there I lived on campus and my brother lived in the St Streets. I biked this area often; however, I personally would take another route to get to the Cajun Dome area because I did not like Coliseum at night. Which makes me wonder if there is a definite reason she made it all the way to Coliseum or could she have turned up another street like St Mary to get to Congress via Souvenir Gate?

OT but I wanted to mention to the locals: If you're free tomorrow you could help out the Beckwith family. Brandon Beckwith was the victim of hit and run on Johnston Street back in April that ACI mentioned near the end of the previous thread. His family was given NO answers by LE, they said all the cameras were pointing the wrong direction. He was my husband's coworker and friend, and I feel just as obligated to help his family as I do Mickey's. If you are interested, they are going to meet tomorrow and pass out flyers, hoping anyone who remembers anything will come forward. For more info: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/BrandonBeckwithPage

I just wanted to let everyone know that through various anonymous donors, I've officially been hired to investigate this case. Feel free to share the info. Theres more info at www.averlock.com about how to contact me regarding the case. Tips, leads, theories or any info whatsoever can be emailed to shunick@averlock.com or called in to 337-944-4222.

I can also still be reached here at Websleuths of course.

Well, if someone knows what kind of car BW drives, would you please get that info to chicken fried and A.C.I.-the feet on the ground? I would think it would be good to know the kind of car Mickey was in if they see other video of the night in question in case they were being followed.
Thank you.
Sorry A.C.I. and chicken fried, don't mean to add to your load.

Congrats, A.C.I. and thank you for all you have done so far. It can only get better.
Keep the faith.

I'm sorry guys...I'm still thinking it was an accidental hit, prolly drunk..and maybe there were 2 guys in the car. Although I could very well be wrong....my gut is not telling me it's a serial killer. I do know the cops searched one of my old neighbor's house/truck bc he had a few previous DUI's, lived on a street off of -SOUVINIR GATE- by colliseum/cajun dome blvd(withholding street name bc he could be innocent and I dont want anyone to go harrass this person), and owned a white truck with damage. The only fact I can say is, the police must still be open to a hit and run theory if they investigated this guy based on the tip called(remember he's innocent until proven guilty..so don't point the finger yet). I will say this also, if you look up the street on google maps, there is a white dodge with a bed cover. Now that could be an old truck...but people tend to buy the same color truck over and over again. Also, a bed cover is something you can transfer to a new truck from your old one. I dont know who he is, I just know he's my old neighbor, bc another old neighbor told me so. Please don't harrass this person. He could be cleared. I'm just giving new things to think about. Thanks!!! only confirmed facts in this post: tip line called on person/person confirmed searched by witness/police are still out there following tips...and in this case I would say thoroughly

The biggest arguments against this would be that Mickey would be a completely different type of victim, the murders occurred in different areas, and the eight women murdered in Jennings were all recovered....bodies were left out in plain sight in some cases, in ditches or along roadsides.

Yes the ones that they found were found in middle of the road and etc but who knows where the ones who weren't found were hidden

And I have said already that in order not to get caught a serial killer would have to change or switch up his usual victim profile.

I just wanted to let everyone know that through various anonymous donors, I've officially been hired to investigate this case. Feel free to share the info. Theres more info at www.averlock.com about how to contact me regarding the case. Tips, leads, theories or any info whatsoever can be emailed to shunick@averlock.com or called in to 337-944-4222.

Congratulations, A.C.I.

Ok, this has been bugging the hell outta me. I understand WT= white truck. But what is DWT?! Sorry to go OT but I've been seeing it everywhere.

Hired by the donors or hired by the Shunicks?

Ok, this has been bugging the hell outta me. I understand WT= white truck. But what is DWT?! Sorry to go OT but I've been seeing it everywhere.

I believe they have been using "Dat", "Darn", "Damn", and any other variation you can think of.

D@mn White Truck

and DWTIQ is D@mn White Truck in Question

Darn White Truck. DWTIQ is Darn White Truck in Question.

Congratulations A.C.I. It makes me feel better knowing you've been officially hired. Good luck.

great!!! I will find the exact house number to the post I made above so I can call him with it. The police may not share this with him....so I will call asap. He may find something they missed!!! (at work now and am very limited with computer usage etc)

Hallelujah!

I know that this may be an outdated idea but I have seen in other cases that the family/LE sets up a PO Box for tips. Since phone numbers and email addresses can usually be traced and maybe someone is scared to speak up. Just wondering if someone that knows what happened would be more inclined to share if they could mail in a tip or information? Just a thought. I guess they could also use a pay phone? Or set up a new emai address? I don't know just trying to think about ways to get someone to speak up if they know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx