LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMOHO..... I think it was a crime of opportunity.. I also think to keep it as neat, clean and quick as it appears to be, there was more than one person. I lean towards two men, after a night out see her and decide, okay lets do this. Its someone who has been to that spot in WB before, because no one is going to just happen upon it in the middle of the night. if you have ever been there you will understand how dark it is, and trying to find your way around there is a task at night. if this is the case, one of these guys, if not both are worried the other will talk, they will want to keep an eye on each other... however you are finding more and more women aiding men in this type of situation.... I still think it's two men. One perp acting alone would of had to hit her pretty hard to injure her enough not to run, for her to be placed in a vehicle leaving nothing on the ground...

I concur

Actually I wish more cases/LE would show the items missing, when a person goes missing; they have never shown what might still be missing in Holly's case, for one. And in Sierra's case, only after they were found. The only case I can recall where LE had replicas of clothing and backpack, etc. was Kyron's. I don't understand keeping this info secret when the items could be out there and no one would recognize the significance.

Y'all can throw tomatoes at me for this... But awhile back there was a Facebook pic floating around of...wait for it... A white truck that was on a friend of RM fb page. I believe someone called it in as a tip. Anybody know if it was looked in to? IOW, A.C.I. Did you look into at all?

Can someone tell me what RM's supposed connection was other than his accident? I am baffled unless he was said to have been in town that nite. But I also did make that connection of the WT in my sluthing.

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

Please know that your family and daughter have many people praying for you. We are all here because Mickey's disappearance has touched us in some way. We all want nothing more than to hear she is back home where she belongs.

I was on the Northshore this past weekend and it seemed like only very few passersby had heard about MS. I did not see any posters around town while out walking my dog. Just FYI; in case anyone lives on the Northshore area, they could use some posters!

I agree. I cannot buy in to the idea that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The lack of evidence (as far as we know), the lack of video footage (the crime isn't on video that we know either), and the dropping of her bike at Whiskey Bay to me means her abductor was careful, calculated, and organized. He/she would have gotten her at some point if not that night, then another, likely just waiting for the right moment.
Do we have any statistics on whether PERPS 'get' the people they intended; or gave up trying and went after someone else? I cannot get it out of my mind that MS was not the intended abductee and that maybe someone else is at risk in the vicinity; if there was more than one PERP, he could have friends.

if only there would have been a camera under the WB bridge since that is known to be a notorious dumping site for criminals... (a mother of a murder victim that was left under WB once pleaded with police to have this done)
I was talking to someone the other night about this had not been done and they suggested that even if the camera had been there, that it would not show anything at night. consensus seems to be that it would useless.

Arguments could be made to legalize prostitution because of this.

Human traffickers are making big bucks. They are worse than cartel drug dealers. They will drug women and then fly to a remote area out of the U.S. They can be 12 to 40 or I guess older if they are very attractive. They are not all 19 years old. It is based on what the trafficker lures and believes he can successfully get away with to get the victim out of the country with as little drama as possible.

The chance that this was a hit and run or human trafficking IMO is slim to none..

As to hit and run, it's called hit and run for a reason. The perp runs. He doesn't pick up his victim and he certainly doesn't pick up the bike. And if he's drunk, he certainly would not leave the area free of all evidence... i.e. no blood, debris, mace can or other item of MS.

It's not human trafficking because this really isn't the area nor does it fit the M/O. A human trafficker could drive 2 hours east to NOLA and find a trove of possible victims considering the transient nature of the French Quarter, the type of businesses and workers and he runaways.

This is an abduction and most probably random. The perp was cruising the area hoping to find a young attractive woman alone, and he did.

The fact that he took the bike is very puzzling. IMO he took it because he lives nearby and didn't want the area of abduction known or he posed as LE and fake arrested her for DUI. This would explain why he took the bike. She went with him believing he was LE.

He could be a former LE drummed out of his job or current LE or a complete LE imposter.
I agree with your first two paragraphs. The third I disagree on. MS (her person) may have been a 'random white blonde woman'; but I hardly think the PERP was 'randomly' driving around looking for a single woman at 2 am. I believe he was on A MISSION; a long planned MISSION. A long planned mission (possibly in the area for months, years; until he had all his eggs in a basket) that appears random at first thought.

I also believe that despite other cities being involved; that this long planned mission has been done before elsewhere.

I have often felt the same way. But...if so, which one of us is he/she??? That is the scary part. :please::what:
I think the truly scary part is that we are all putting ourselves in the mindsight of a PERP to catch a PERP; and the fact we can even wrap our brains around like that is unbelievably scary. I do not think a PERP would risk having an IP address; so I tend to think he/she is not amongst us.

Human traffickers are making big bucks. They are worse than cartel drug dealers. They will drug women and then fly to a remote area out of the U.S. They can be 12 to 40 or I guess older if they are very attractive. They are not all 19 years old. It is based on what the trafficker lures and believes he can successfully get away with to get the victim out of the country with as little drama as possible.
Then why are we still focused on trucks instead of planes and trains?

I was talking to someone the other night about this had not been done and they suggested that even if the camera had been there, that it would not show anything at night. consensus seems to be that it would useless.

Unless it had night vision capabilities like the ones used in a baby's room ad the parents can watch from a different monitor or the ones used by hunters to capture the wildlife on their lease. So there are such cameras that can be used without any source of light needed.

hello everyone, i have been trying to read through all the posts to catch up, but i wanted to mention to slowlybutshelly, i have a residence on the northshore as well and everyone i talk to i make sure they are familiar with what happened and ito keep an eye out for anything that may help. i will be going back that way probably in about a week or so and i will try to bring some flyers as well, i do not know why i did not think of that before. but i can say many many many people on the northshore have Mickey in thier prayers.

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

Nancy,

As a mom my heart aches for you and your family. It is my hope that Mickey is returned safely to where she needs to be very soon.

Metta,
LA

Traffickers go after children and young girls up to 16 or 17, they don't take 40 y.o. women. There are perverts and pedophiles all over the world willing to pay thousands of dollars for children as young as 8 yrs old. Why would they pay that much for a 40 y.o. woman when they could get a prostitute who is willing for a lot less money? Most of these perverts like them really young, they have no desire for a woman who is already past her prime, because they aren't going to make any money off them.

I think the truly scary part is that we are all putting ourselves in the mindsight of a PERP to catch a PERP; and the fact we can even wrap our brains around like that is unbelievably scary. I do not think a PERP would risk having an IP address; so I tend to think he/she is not amongst us.

slowlybutshelly, IP's are useless especially now days in the age of wireless everything. there are alot better was to track people, its sad but LEO's are 20 years behind educated individuals :( and what is even worse is the old uneducated senators and politicians who do not have a clue.

I am not totally disagreeing with you but I don't know what evidence there would be. It appears that most bicycle injuries are closed fractures and breaks. Most of the auto damage I have seen is minor or a windshield break and these days, safety glass doesn't usually end up breaking but remains intact. It would not be like a typical abduction where someone has keys or a wallet out, where they have the opportunity to cause a scene or use mace.

It would have been a tidy crime opportunity as there is one person that has her items self contained in a back pack and a bicycle that is light enough to toss in a truck bed or trunk. If it were a truck, they could have placed the bicycle behind the rear seat to conceal it.

It's tough to put a bike inside of a car if it is not broken down. By that I mean removing a tire. It it has a quick release tire, it's fairly easy, but I dont see someone getting all that involved. It would be far easier to throw it in the back of the truck and shag *advertiser censored*.

If you are a loner, or single guy bring the bike in the house by cover of darkness and then keep it till you can figure out where it should go.

I believe it was dumped a few days before it was found, not on the same night. It was 2 am when she was grabbed. If they went straight to WB it would be nearly 2:30 and then it would take time to get bike in the water just so. It would be cutting it close as fishermen usually start early. IMO, any perp has the victim on his mind, not the bike, purse and any other identifying things that belong to them.

For this reason, I believe it was dumped in a calculated fashion at WB, it would snarl the investigation because several different parishes would need to be involved. It would widen the search to the Bayou which makes it nearly impossible to get an answer.

This is the reason I think this was very cooly and cleverly calculated. I still waffle on if this was a crime of opportunity or someone who stalked or knew her for a while.

LA

You may have just scared our perp away!:what:

J/K. I just see the perp possibly reading but not getting involved with social media. But wonder if LE and FB or WS have ever traced IP addresses to investigate this in this or any case?

You may have just scared our perp away!:what:

J/K. I just see the perp possibly reading but not getting involved with social media. But wonder if LE and FB or WS have ever traced IP addresses to investigate this in this or any case?

Hiding your IP is beyond easy. If I wanted to I could show mine from Russia, within a second switch to Hawaii and back again.

- This is AWOLNATION

this is a gentle reminder that there is no evidence the bike and Mickey traveled together. Imagine them together, sure, but also, bare in mind that they may have been picked up separately, and the individual(s) who picked up the bike may or may not have had knowledge of Mickey until May 25th, which is about the date they shared the still image of Mickey on the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3