LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has Mickey lived in the house with her parents. Maybe it was someone in her own neighborhood that had his eye on her for a long time. I wonder if close to her neighborhood ...any males living alone? He could have been out that night walking a dog and took the opportunity to abduct her. If she knew the person she might have stopped to talk to him. Maybe she did get closer to her neighborhood on her bike? Any one close by would know about WB..right?

IMO -- The problem here is that we have multiple possibilities--all with different investigative jurisdictions, and funding capabilities:

The cases may be:

Individual

Several Connected

Total Accumulative

right?

So, when do all of the cases of missing blonde, young women get turned over in total to the FBI? Or, Interpol?

Out of curiousity and my firm belief that the escalation of abductions of young women in the US are directly related to the Meth trade & Cartels.

I don't know that the number is escalating, I think our awareness is. I looked up the statistics on the FBI website. 2010 is the last year they have numbers for, and the number of missing persons entries was down 3.7% over the year before. Interestingly- the number of locates is up by 41%.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic/ncic-missing-person-and-unidentified-person-statistics-for-2010

Between Smartphones, tablets, Facebook, and the web, we are more connected than ever before. We get information and news reports faster, and the news reports themselves are less geographically centered that they have been in the past in my opinion.

I don't think her disappearance is human trafficing related, but I could be wrong. I sincerely hope LE has more info than they're giving out.

It would be interesting to have it confirmed if she had the same backpack purse with her that night...the one that is seen on the daytime bike pic.[/QUOTE]

In purse land, the one she is wearing in daytime photo is what is known as a "crossbody". A backpack usually slings over one or both shoulders.

La

Does anyone know any information about the dogs they brought out to track? Maybe it was already discussed and i missed it. I did read that they had dogs down at WB and they didn't get anything. But have they used the dogs around where she was riding her bike? Did le ever say anything about that or how far they got tracking? In other cases they have mentioned how far a dog tracks someone.

IMO -- The problem here is that we have multiple possibilities--all with different investigative jurisdictions, and funding capabilities:

The cases may be:

Individual

Several Connected

Total Accumulative

right?

So, when do all of the cases of missing blonde, young women get turned over in total to the FBI? Or, Interpol?

concentric, this is what FBI BAU VICAP does. You can bet that they have been tracking/investigating this. The FBI does not normally release info on ongoing investigations.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap

True, all sorts of arguments can be made. But they rely on one or more unnecessary twists.

It's probably just me thinking if this is a case of H/T, it's the only option I think she would be found alive. I shudder to think of it as a possibility, though. I can't imagine the horror of being a victim I'm that industry.

I don't think they would be tailing a suspect-I think they would enter a house with a swat team...this is a missing person, who could possibly be alive. So I don't believe they have a suspect at all...

They would not send in a team until they had enough evidence to pick him/them up. LE would not want to give the suspect a heads up because they could flee. I think they would have the suspect followed in case Mickey is being held somewhere. If they picked him/them up, they might not talk and would be alerted. Maybe then, they would not go back to where she's possibly being held.

It would be interesting to have it confirmed if she had the same backpack purse with her that night...the one that is seen on the daytime bike pic.

In purse land, the one she is wearing in daytime photo is what is known as a "crossbody". A backpack usually slings over one or both shoulders.

La[/QUOTE]

Labikegirl, imo it is critical that photos of all items in Mickey's possession on 05/19/2012 be released to the public, as well as all info that would not jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.
Many times these items & info simply go into a cold case file for years or decades & serves no useful or logical purpose. Then it is realized that if they were revealed, a significant tip would have been made that would have solved the case.

A parent of a missing/murdered victim analogized it as being similar to repairing a broken vase with a broken char missing.

Actually I wish more cases/LE would show the items missing, when a person goes missing; they have never shown what might still be missing in Holly's case, for one. And in Sierra's case, only after they were found. The only case I can recall where LE had replicas of clothing and backpack, etc. was Kyron's. I don't understand keeping this info secret when the items could be out there and no one would recognize the significance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340123717.031116.jpg
Some fliers have the items.

concentric, this is what FBI BAU VICAP does. You can bet that they have been tracking/investigating this. The FBI does not normally release info on ongoing investigations.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap

They also maintain a missing persons database, and database on unidentified remains, and the National Crime Information Center. There's a pretty good article on the resources available, and how Serial Murder Crimes are handled here:

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

It's worth reading.

To Mickey's family-
You must feel the waves of prayer being offered up every day for your daughter.
Wherever she is - I know that God is with her, and she is not alone. She is and continues to be held close to Him.
All of us here share one goal and that is to seee that your daughter is brought home.

-----------
Maybe the FBI is starting to figure out that this is a new market.

Agree. Premium product to the buyers. They are as close to "untainted" and ready to go, as they would be able to find.

Doesn't the trail go from Mid-America to Southern-America with these petite blondes? Seems headed toward a port in the South.

Why not scout somewhere like Minnesota, where blondes are more prevalent? Or are the blondes there tall and not the "type", and too far from the port to the South?

I'd also like to know how many blonde young women go missing from Scandinavia. Or are they too tall as well, and too inaccessible?

I doubt they go kidnap women in Scandinavia, sadly they can do that in Eastern Europe and former Soviet countries, where the disappearance of a girl would cause much less problems and the girls are just as beautiful.
Someone before me wrote a very detailed post about the situation. I think the girls that are kidnapped in the US stay in the US, there are plenty of "customers" that as well.
I'm pretty sure in the middle east they are full of those poor girls from East Europe and Russia.
Sorry for going OT, but what disgusts me, more than then traffickers are the customers. If such "business" generates such huge gains for the traffickers it's only because of huge demand. Those clients are our husbands, brothers, fathers, friends...average people, that's what horrifies me the most.
I apologize again for going off topic.

Back to Mickey, somehow I don't feel trafficking is the reason of her disappearance. In such cases I'm always so surprised at how nobody saw anything, heard anything. She wasn't exactly in a rural area.

WARNING - The following is about the stupid white trucks....

Can someone tell me the difference between the Chevy/GMC door handles? Some are black, some chrome, and some the same as the body. Does that differ by year, style, extras? Just curious.

Because GMC/Chevy is manufactured by GM, there's very little difference, especially since 2007/2008 when both the Sierra and the Silverado switched to its current body.

The door handles could differ by package, such as a chrome package would have chrome handles, etc. It also could be personal preference, such as building a truck from the ground up to purchase it for as little as possible.

Also, if the POI in the WT is only wanted as a possible witness, why haven't they come forward?

I've speculated that they are involved in a crime, have outstanding warrants, etc.

I've also speculated that they are afraid. I said this a couple of threads back: Do you honestly believe that LE will accept "Yeah I saw her, but that's it!" or "I didn't see her!" from this person?

My gut tells me no. However, I'm inclined to believe that LE is not looking for this truck.

One last one, I promise....How easy is it to get the Z71 stickers off and are we sure it says "Z71" and not 4x4?

I've said this as well.

Without actually seeing the video, we must go on what LE has released to us. They said it was a "Chevy Z71".

The decals can be bought.

Also, as for removal: I've been told on newer models; you can use a heat gun or hairdryer to warm it up then to peel it off. Then use baby oil, Goo Gone, or WD-40 to remove the leftover residue.

Because we do not know the year (I've speculated that it's a 2009-2011), I've been told that it isn't recommended to remove the decal on darker trucks due to sun exposure, etc. because the truck could still have the "decal", just not in vinyl form.

Thanks guys. Since no new info is coming out, I'm just trying to rationalize facts but without trying to jump to conclusions.

No worries, we're all working towards the same goal.

I'm rarely optimistic but I have a feeling there's going to be a break in the case soon.

I'm rarely optimistic but I have a feeling there's going to be a break in the case soon.

I have been feeling that way for the last week. Something about Mickey has touched me so deeply that I dream of her, even praying in my dreams. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think is "Mickey is home!".

Saw a list of things to do before you die. On that list was to hire 2 private investigators to follow each other. :laugh:

I have been feeling that way for the last week. Something about Mickey has touched me so deeply that I dream of her, even praying in my dreams. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think is "Mickey is home!".

Same here! When I go to bed it takes so long to go to sleep, just thinking about where she could possibly be. I have two daughters around her age and this has hit me like a ton of bricks. My son is 19 and going into the Air Force. He leaves next Monday, and I keep telling myself, at least I know where he is going and I will see him again. It just breaks my heart for the Shunick family.

It would be interesting to have it confirmed if she had the same backpack purse with her that night...the one that is seen on the daytime bike pic.

La

No, it was not the same. She had a light brown leather backpack the night she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member