LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've just read all three threads regarding this case, partly because I live about 40 minutes from Lafayette, (its where we small towners frequently shop/eat/play), so everyone near is afraid & concerned, and also because she seems like such a likable, sweet girl. Prayers for her family.
But what I was wondering, is anyone else curious about BW's supposed GF? What were her feelings about the seemingly very close friendship he had with MS? Where was she the night MS was hanging out with her BF til 2am? I definitely don't mean to sound accusatory, it's just another thought on someone who, by default, knew MS pretty well...and possibly her comings & goings. Like I said, I'm totally just curious! I hope it doesn't offend anyone who may know them.

WELCOME,:welcome: and that is a very good question. My 20 yr old daughter asked the same thing. She said that it would bug her if her best friend was all of a sudden hanging out with her ex boyfriend. And supposedly, Mickey and Brettley were going to be roommates this summer.

Also, he was supposedly 'estranged' from his ex. So that must have made things very awkward with Mickey and the ex gf as well.

My response to the *original* question hours or longer ago about the blinking lites on Mickey's bike is that there are pros and cons. Pros being that her bike would be more visible for safety reasons wrt to drivers/other riders/pedestrians seeing her, and even possibly for her to better see the ground around her bike. Cons being that if someone was watching for her to go by (or saw her for the 1st time), if her lites were distinctive, then said someone would be able to quickly spot her.

Pulled from Thread #2
charminglane

"BW's phone is dead.
Mickey's phone is turned off.
What are the odds of that happening between two college aged students in this media driven world?
Very convenient.
Mickey's sister stated that Mickey's phone could keep a charge a very long time. Someone knew that."

I needed one more questioned answered? What about BW's cell phone? We now know is was dead/off. Tells me two things with one implied:

1. He knew his phone had to be off or his pings would be tracked
2. He knows that it is possible to tell when a phone goes offline and he needed a reason, in case LE came asking, why his phone was off during the suspected disappearence window. Dead Battery.

Implied: Knew he had to turn off MS cell phone due to ping tracing.

Question: When did his cellphone come back ONLINE? This could very well indicate a travel window, say it died at 2am and came back online at 6am. You now have an important timeline to determine possible search radiuses and areas. Right now they are working on a 16hr?? window.

Only three possible ways a cellphone DIES
1. Dead battery.
2. Your power it of.
3. Hardware malfunction.

1 & 3 are extremely unlucky if you are the last person to see a missing person and highly suspicious
2. Well 2 is obvious, Suspicion implied

* FYI..when my cell phone battery is about to die, I plug it in, leaving it, STILL ON!!

IMO

"Nothing's off the table," said Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department.

If someone was driving drunk (say with a passenger) and hit her, maybe they stopped and they 2 ppl checked on her. Say her injuries were critical. The driver could have panicked and thought "I cannot get caught/arrested for this!". They scoop her and her bike up. If (God forbid), she died, they could have decided to hide/bury her somewhere. A very selfish person would justify in their mind that nothing they do could bring her back, and confessing would only lead to them getting in BIG trouble.

I fell off my bike once, and was literally lying in the street when a driver then ran over my bike. This person missed me by INCHES. My bike was crumpled and wrecked....but it's not like there were bike parts strewn about. If this scenario (or something similar) played out....I don't think there necessarily would be broken reflectors scattered about as evidence. If she had her purse on her "cross-body" style, it also would not necessarily have fallen off of her.

This is exactly my thought when considering a hit and run scenario. Considering the bars close at 2am?? And she was traveling at 2am, I have always thought a hit and run accident involving a drunk driver was a possibility.

Glad to see the national coverage! I usually don't watch AMW (I have little ones) but planned on watching tonight for the All-Star award. These many stories of people 'disappearing' are heartbreaking. I just think people NEED to feel SAFE.

OT - The Deputy who won AMW All-Star is not far from our area and all of the kids know of him...My little 'Mikki' saw his picture on the news and said, 'Who's the old guy (John Walsh) with Brandon? (the Deputy).

I would never want my kids to be afraid to just walk down the street.

JMO etc.

Having trouble quoting tonight for some reason!

SKHUNTER:

Regarding BW's phone: it was going dead while Mickey was at his house eating. The friend who was talking to him hung up and then called Mickey's phone to continue the conversation.

I don't think there is a statement from LE directly addressing BW's phone, but they have said that the details of Brettly's statements have been looked at, and they haven't found anything that hasnt been verified. (big paraphrase here, I don't have the chief's statement in front of me)

We don't know if Brettly turned his phone off or charged it while on. We don't know if his phone couldnt be pinged. They have only talked specifically about Mickey's phone.

It would be good to here more specifics.

Summary of Press Conference (first part, police):
10:13 - Arrived Artmosphere
12:44 - Left Artmosphere with Brettly
No phone activity.
20 tips received per hour
Nothing has been found yet, everything else is a rumor.
Asking people to review home surveillance footage from 1-3 am.
No new information--probably won't have a briefing tomorrow, but will if they find new info.

Edit: A lot of people listening, good!!

Friday, May 18, 2012
10:13 PM ~ MC arrives at Artmosphere

Video from within Artmosphere captures MS and shows what she was wearing and what purse (backpack) she had with her.
There is additional video taken by somebody affiliated with the band that was taken outside on the back patio that captured images of
Mickey as well. It's unknown if the content of that video sheds any light on the case.
Mickey is at Artmosphere for a total of 2 hours and 31 minutes.

Saturday, May 19
12:44 AM ~ MS and BW leave Artmosphere together

Add to timeline

Forty minutes after leaving Artmosphere, BW is captured on video at Taco Bell
1:24 AM ~ Taco Bell drivethru - based on video surveillance of BW inside his car and activity on MS's ATM card (no image showing MS)

seven minutes later Mickey receives her last incoming call to her cell phone. A friend of MS's tells LE they spoke to her at this time.
1:31AM ~ last known activity on MS's cell phone via an incoming call

2:00AM* ~ Mickey leaves Ryan Street on her bike for the 15-30 minute(source NG show) ride home.

Adding ~
*New video has just come to light showing what looks to be MS riding her bike at 1:47-8 AM at Versailles Blvd. and Saint Landry Street.

I am on my phone so I can't copy and paste. Go to katc tv3s Facebook for a big update.

Having trouble quoting tonight for some reason!

SKHUNTER:

Regarding BW's phone: it was going dead while Mickey was at his house eating. The friend who was talking to him hung up and then called Mickey's phone to continue the conversation.

I don't think there is a statement from LE directly addressing BW's phone, but they have said that the details of Brettly's statements have been looked at, and they haven't found anything that hasnt been verified. (big paraphrase here, I don't have the chief's statement in front of me)

We don't know if Brettly turned his phone off or charged it while on. We don't know if his phone couldnt be pinged. They have only talked specifically about Mickey's phone.

It would be good to here more specifics.

I don't know of anyone that age that wouldn't start charging their phone right then. Especially since it was late at night and would be dead the next morning.
We definitely need to hear more about BW's phone.

I am on my phone so I can't copy and paste. Go to katc tv3s Facebook for a big update.

Do you mean this?

Picture of Mickey riding home Saturday morning

537601_10150946281071969_61662826968_9696873_705963320_n.jpg

Hope I don't blow the margins. :blushing:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/katctv3

Do the locals recognize this area? Would this be a regular route for Mickey?

There is now confirmed video of Mickey on her bike at 1:48 am, being FOLLOWED by a big white truck.

I guess there is no longer any doubt that she did leave Brettly's home.

She is biking in the road, going with traffic. Not on a sidewalk at this point.

Shaking and praying harder than ever that she will be found soon and safe.

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3

"a white newer model four-door pickup truck"

Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.
* captured on video on Versailles St
...traveling toward St. John St, 1:47 a.m.
* on St. John St, crossed over University Ave,
* continued west on St. Landry St,
* captured on video at approx 1:48 [a.m.]

Yes, this is front of the Circle K on the corner of University and St. Landry. To the left of the picture is LUS (Lafayette Utilities System) I suspect she went through the Saint Streets to get to the part of Congress with a sidewalk.

ETA: meaning the camera is at LUS.

Truck of interest.
Looks like a full-size crew cab (4-door), can't tell if its a Ford or Chevy, I'm pretty sure its not a Dodge. White, or maybe silver?

I do not know anyone involved in this case. All I know is that when we have to come up with extravagant explanations for our theories, they are probably incorrect.

If we look at straight facts, we know B was the last person to see Mickey. Strangely enough, both their cells were "off". Strangely enough, B allowed M to ride off on her bike even though she wasn't feeling well and was tired, AND it was 2 a.m. Strangely enough, there are NO witnesses to M leaving B's home except for B.

My instinct tells me something is very wrong here - B is more emotional than M's dad. My first thought, before I knew any details, was that I was watching a guy filled with remorse. Maybe because he wasn't a better friend. Maybe because he snapped and murdered her. Who knows?

I doubt it was a serial abduction, but we will see.

One other point - I thought it was strange that M didn't drink that night. If she normally did, why not that night? (I'm sure you know where I'm going with this, but I'm not going to accuse her of anything since she is the victim.) If she didn't drink because she didn't feel well, then why go in the first place?

Lots of questions - no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member