LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder why- unless the mods deleted them. I guess that might make sense but it'd be weird for someone who posted them to go back and delete them....

I remember in the beginning of this search, someone mentioning a couple of times, two bikers at the M&C funeral home ( corner of st. Mary & St. Landry) in the back parking lot.

Interesting.

I wonder why- unless the mods deleted them. I guess that might make sense but it'd be weird for someone who posted them to go back and delete them....

Considered unsubstantiated rumor and deleted.

:what:

Are these the ones that someone said they saw on Parkside?

Yes, do you know if the bikers came forward?? I just never heard anything else about it, I guess it turned out to be nothing....

I would send Abdella an email (a few users posted his email address a few pages back on this thread- johnabdella1@aol.com) and I'd also send him a letter via snail mail just to make sure (I'm neurotic, I know)- you can find his mailing address for USPS mail here (it's for his company, Probe-Way PI):
http://www.local.com/business/detai...y-private-investigation-agency-inc-105920229/

You can phone Abdella too. He does have someone answering the phone when he isn't there, and I was told email is fine. He responded to my email the same day I sent it.

And the bikes on Parkside info was deleted previously because it was a rumour.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7997175#post7997175"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7997191&postcount=50"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18[/ame]

Sorry about my copy/paste. Anyway, those don't appear to be deleted.

Yes, do you know if the bikers came forward?? I just never heard anything else about it, I guess it turned out to be nothing....

If we assume that: 1) the video we have of MS is really MS, and 2) the police have video of MS past Circle K and further down St. Landry. Then, neither of the riders seen on Parkside could be MS. If they made a left on St. Mary and crossed St. Landry, then their path intersected MS. But, they were not following or stalking. Perhaps, that underlies the police response.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember hearing someone say it was the camera which took the video of the hooptie and truck on University just north of St. Landry that was potentially 12 minutes off, not the ones on Versailles and St. Landry. Also, I'm not sure that was ever confirmed.
I had heard that too. Don't know if it's correct or not.

Oh man, I have to weigh in on this. 30mph is cranking it. If someone can ride 30 miles in a straight hour I bow down to them. That's professional cyclist material, and even so I doubt anyone of them could sprint that fast for one whole hour. When you see the sprint for the finish line where cyclist are riding so hard the bike is wobbling, that's 30-38 mph. It's hard, and it hurts like hell. I was able to get up to 34 once, but I did not sustain it for long. My legs burned and I had chapped lips from biting my lips.

20-25 mph an hour for a woman is hustling. I can do it, but It would have to be on a straight shot, no stop signs, full of coffee and definitely on the road bike. Even still It would be a test and I would pray for wind at my back.

On a fixed gear, that's pushing it. I dont know Mickey, but the photos and the time she made looks as if she was riding at a comfy pace.

*** mileage was determined by a handy dandy cyclometer. It works like a speedometer on a car.

LA
I already corrected my math to bring this down to 24 miles per hour, with a literal 60 seconds between cameras. I tend to think it's more than 60 seconds, but that means she prolly made all the lights up until the 2nd video still. 20-24 mph on a fixed gear bike (no freewheel/no coasting) is still screwin' as far as I'm concerned. Her posture doesn't say full and complete stop on cam2 but at that rate of speed I'd expect more blur.

Do normal, well-adjusted people generally abduct women riding bicycles?

Facts is we don't know if she was abducted and by whom.
There's options such as she got hit by accident and was taken to be brought for help and the driver got scared. She was taken by someone who missed their own child and there is nothing sexual involved. She was taken by a gang of thugs after they tried to steal from her and they injured her, someone has an insurance policy on her and wants her dead, She was nabbed as revenge for something we don't know about. Maybe she is having an affair with a married man and he begged her to go spend the night with him and she went willingly. Maybe she had a reason to want to disappear. People do strange things for different reasons not all that make sense to others at the time. That doesn't make them psychopathic sexual
Predators.

I could ask the same question back- do normal women go riding bikes across town at 2 AM?
Most women I know would say heck no- does that mean something is wrong with Mickey? No.

If we assume that: 1) the video we have of MS is really MS, and 2) the police have video of MS past Circle K and further down St. Landry. Then, neither of the riders seen on Parkside could be MS. If they made a left on St. Mary and crossed St. Landry, then their path intersected MS. But, they were not following or stalking. Perhaps, that underlies the police response.

She could have cut through the parking lot to Parkside... I'm not saying it was her although it matches her description but if it wasn't her then the bikers would have arrived at st Landry about the time she was suppose to be there and could have seen something... I was only wondering if anyone knew whether the bikers came forward with information...

I already corrected my math to bring this down to 24 miles per hour, with a literal 60 seconds between cameras. I tend to think it's more than 60 seconds, but that means she prolly made all the lights up until the 2nd video still. 20-24 mph on a fixed gear bike (no freewheel/no coasting) is still screwin' as far as I'm concerned. Her posture doesn't say full and complete stop on cam2 but at that rate of speed I'd expect more blur.

She is just leaving an intersection. It would be natural to slow down or even stop.

BBM
Do we know that Mickeys bike was set up as a fixed gear bike?

She could have cut through the parking lot to Parkside... I'm not saying it was her although it matches her description but if it wasn't her then the bikers would have arrived at st Landry about the time she was suppose to be there and could have seen something... I was only wondering if anyone knew whether the bikers came forward with information...

I agree.

My assumption was that the unseen video showed that she did not make the turn you describe. I am trying to conjure a scenario in which the police knew for certain that your rider could not be Mickey.

How closely can you pinpoint the time you made your observation?

I witnessed 2 bikers the night Mickey disappeared at around the same time. One fits her description.. It was at a location near the circle k..I told the police but no one has ever contacted me to discussed it.. I find that odd... Even if it wasn't her they might have seen something...does anyone know if the bikers have come forward?

Just to play along (cause I'm curious)... did the male biker have straight long blonde hair?

I agree.

My assumption was that the unseen video showed that she did not make the turn you describe. I am trying to conjure a scenario in which the police knew for certain that your rider could not be Mickey.

If you conjure one please post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member