LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct, US-90/University

30 mph is attainable by bike, I think, but it's fast..even for a messenger. Let's have mercy on my math skills, but even adding a few seconds to the elapsed time of 1 minute I'm getting something close to 40mph. Didn't I read that she rode a fixed gear bike? **a fixed gear bike has a drive train in constant engagement, pedals>crank>rear wheel.** This seems like a high rate of speed for a fixed gear bike.

That's really really fast. To me that seems like 'running away' fast. In the 2nd video it appears to me that she has stopped, or at least in this 1 frame I don't see the usual blur indicative of movement. In the birds eye view a shoulder begins on the right hand side of the right hand lane. To me this looks like it's a few feet beyond the Circle K, closer to thinking about some Pizza Hut than grabbing some necessities at the Circle K.

Questions:
1)Why was she going so fast? Was someone chasing her all the way down Saint John?s
2)Why did she stop? Did she think a pursuing vehicle was stuck at the light on US-90/University?

20/25 MPH seems like a nice hustle, 30-38 mph seems like running for your life... just sayin'

Oh man, I have to weigh in on this. 30mph is cranking it. If someone can ride 30 miles in a straight hour I bow down to them. That's professional cyclist material, and even so I doubt anyone of them could sprint that fast for one whole hour. When you see the sprint for the finish line where cyclist are riding so hard the bike is wobbling, that's 30-38 mph. It's hard, and it hurts like hell. I was able to get up to 34 once, but I did not sustain it for long. My legs burned and I had chapped lips from biting my lips.

20-25 mph an hour for a woman is hustling. I can do it, but It would have to be on a straight shot, no stop signs, full of coffee and definitely on the road bike. Even still It would be a test and I would pray for wind at my back.

On a fixed gear, that's pushing it. I dont know Mickey, but the photos and the time she made looks as if she was riding at a comfy pace.

*** mileage was determined by a handy dandy cyclometer. It works like a speedometer on a car.

LA

------------

Given the economy and how difficult it is for someone, especially on parole, to get a job:

Has anyone ever thought that some local guy who is out on parole could be paid by someone halfway around the world (many are very wealthy) to acquire these young women?

Oh yeah. I remember the guy down in Florida that was paying for women. Well really they were teens to be brought to him. He used to pal around with Prince Andrew. I think he was a billionaire.

Not trying to be rude, maybe I am ignorant...but can someone explain why it matters which block Mickey vanished from, at this point, 5 weeks later? She is just as gone, no matter where she was last...I am sure there is a good reason that I just am not seeing...thanks...

Not trying to be rude, maybe I am ignorant...but can someone explain why it matters which block Mickey vanished from, at this point, 5 weeks later? She is just as gone, no matter where she was last...I am sure there is a good reason that I just am not seeing...thanks...

I'm guessing it matters in the sense that if they could find a the scene where it happened then they could hopefully find some kind of evidence to use to find her. Of course, 5 weeks later this seems unlikely, but I think you have to keep up hope of getting a break in the case through any means.

I'm guessing it matters in the sense that if they could find a the scene where it happened then they could hopefully find some kind of evidence to use to find her. Of course, 5 weeks later this seems unlikely, but I think you have to keep up hope of getting a break in the case through any means.

We often don't know where people disappeared from...or we know exactly where, such as Holly, and she even left blood behind and yet there is nothing to say where she is or what happened to her, well over a year later...:(
Unless Mickey is on camera actually being taken, I just don't see how it would help at this point, to know which block it was...JMO

Unless Mickey is on camera actually being taken, I just don't see how it would help at this point, to know which block it was...JMO

It may not help, but we won't know unless we keep looking and find the location. And it certainly can't HURT to find out more of what happened and where it happened.

It may not help, but we won't know unless we keep looking and find the location. And it certainly can't HURT to find out more of what happened and where it happened.

I do understand...just not sure how the location will be determined at this point...

Because its possible, though speculating that knowing where she was hit could tell if the person was random to the area, or someone whom not only new the area but the neighborhood also. Which could mean he followed her until she reached a certain point in her travel where the person thought there would be a less likely chance of anyone seeing her being hit and taken at that particular point.......Though I am doing nothing more than guessing without any facts...She probably at some point realized she was being followed, and when she recognized it by looking over her shoulder or trying to make a get away on her bike she was struck. Though just guessing and speculating on that also.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-lo...rd-significant/story?id=16458312#.T-ZO2JFZ-Sq

Missing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick's recovered bike suffered significant damage to the rear tire, including a bent rim, authorities said today.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

9 minutes ago, an apology was issued to ACI....

Guess we can't comment on that. On another subject, the photos of Mickey look odd to me. Not because of the hair color, its the way the hair looks. They look to me like the color has been added to the photo. They just look off to me. Probably doesn't change anything. Just something I noticed.

Guess we can't comment on that. On another subject, the photos of Mickey look odd to me. Not because of the hair color, its the way the hair looks. They look to me like the color has been added to the photo. They just look off to me. Probably doesn't change anything. Just something I noticed.

The color has been added to the photos. The different colored hair pictures are pictures they had released previously of her with her blonde hair. The hair color was altered on the photo, not actually on Mickey.

Yes, it has been added but it looks better than the first ones.. So I am happy.

LA

My grandma had an aol account. Only person I know who ever did.

LOL- I wanted to say something about that, but figured I shouldn't. They are practically obsolete. Sadly I don't even get their discs in the mail anymore. *Snert*

What is lance armstrong's top speed in mph?
In: Cycling [Edit categories]

Lamborghini Gallardo Pricewww.Lamborghini.Edmunds.com512 HP, EPA 11 mpg / 17 mpg Gallardo Research & Reviews
Visa® Official Sitewww.Visa.comProud Sponsor Of The Athletes And The Olympic Games For 25 Years.

Answer:
Simple question with more complicated answer. I assume you mean solo as apposed to traveling in the peloton of racers or, say, descending a mountain (when riders will hit 65 mph+).

Looking back to the last TdF that LA competed in his average speed for the prolog stage of 19km (11.8 miles) was over 54 kph (33.5 mph).
Looking at a longer time trial stage, he won the 55km (34 mile) stage at an average speed of 46.4 kph (28.8 mph).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_lance_armstrong%27s_top_speed_in_mph

Yes, but we know Lance was on the juice. ;) Sorry for the OT but could not help..

LA

I'm not sure if it matters which block Mickey vanished from but if it's determined that a vehicle struck her, it would be useful for an accident investigation expert to know where it happened in order to do their work properly. JMO.

I found a 2007 Silverado 2500 four door (but the back doors open from the inside). They also say its a work truck. That looks like the truck in the video I have. could it be the same kind of truck in front of city hall?

Well yeah I guess it could be. Honestly I don't won't to discourage you, but from the pic I saw I don't think anyone is gonna be able to say exactly what it is. All I can get out of it is White extended cab, probably Chevrolet and it appears to be at least a 2500 or maybe 3500. I don't know how to clean up the image, but I don't think it matches our VOI.

Just found this beautiful pic of Mickey on Brettly's FB page:

249141_3427273119790_2095131433_n.jpg

I want to know where she was taken because I am still hearing that there is the possibility that she made it very close to home. To me, it is very different if she went missing more in the city proper I guess near the gas station versus very close to home in a more residential area. For all we know she could be in someone's basement right now but no one is thinking about that because everyone seems obsessed with Circle K and it having to happen right there. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter but we have absolutely no new news and it is either discuss her probable route or possibilities where she could have been taken OR stare at blobs in pictures and think they may be Mickey OR look at more white trucks :p To me, the first one is the most satisfying or feels the least explored.

I want to know where she was taken because I am still hearing that there is the possibility that she made it very close to home. To me, it is very different if she went missing more in the city proper I guess near the gas station versus very close to home in a more residential area. For all we know she could be in someone's basement right now but no one is thinking about that because everyone seems obsessed with Circle K and it having to happen right there. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter but we have absolutely no new news and it is either discuss her probable route or possibilities where she could have been taken OR stare at blobs in pictures and think they may be Mickey OR look at more white trucks :p To me, the first one is the most satisfying or feels the least explored.

Agreed.however one point-down here we don't generally have basements because of the high water levels...but yes a scenario similar seems plausible.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member