LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rhapsdy-Thank you for letting me know. I forgot that some places typically do not have basements. Then, maybe some other nook or cranny that a house or property may have :(

I want to know where she was taken because I am still hearing that there is the possibility that she made it very close to home. To me, it is very different if she went missing more in the city proper I guess near the gas station versus very close to home in a more residential area. For all we know she could be in someone's basement right now but no one is thinking about that because everyone seems obsessed with Circle K and it having to happen right there. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter but we have absolutely no new news and it is either discuss her probable route or possibilities where she could have been taken OR stare at blobs in pictures and think they may be Mickey OR look at more white trucks :p To me, the first one is the most satisfying or feels the least explored.

Aren't there houses long the road where Circle K is as well? I mean, if she is in someone's home, it could be almost anywhere past that photo of her, I guess...but in what way could LE ever search all of the houses in the area, even if they were so inclined?

I guess I am kind of thinking that Mickie and bike were taken together-I just can't see taking the bike so far out unless going that way anyway...and I don't really see the bike being taken by yet another person and then ditching it...her bike being found is what really kind of made my heart sink, as I think the bike would be the last thing one would get rid of...why bother, if the perp had a place to safely and secretly stash Mickie...

rhapsdy-Thank you for letting me know. I forgot that some places typically do not have basements. Then, maybe some other nook or cranny that a house or property may have :(

We tend to have lots of backyard sheds around here and garages. Praying for Mickey.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I want to know where she was taken because I am still hearing that there is the possibility that she made it very close to home. To me, it is very different if she went missing more in the city proper I guess near the gas station versus very close to home in a more residential area. For all we know she could be in someone's basement right now but no one is thinking about that because everyone seems obsessed with Circle K and it having to happen right there. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter but we have absolutely no new news and it is either discuss her probable route or possibilities where she could have been taken OR stare at blobs in pictures and think they may be Mickey OR look at more white trucks :p To me, the first one is the most satisfying or feels the least explored.

We typically do not have basements in Louisiana. I understand though.

LA

I have been thinking about it. And its just a guess and speculation until more facts if any are released to the general public.
Somewhere between Wst Mary Blvd and St Louis St on ST.Landry St.

And since the bike was found out East, I am waiting to see if there is an investigation and or searches out further east from there from the bridge towards Baton Rouge on I10

Aren't there houses long the road where Circle K is as well? I mean, if she is in someone's home, it could be almost anywhere past that photo of her, I guess...but in what way could LE ever search all of the houses in the area, even if they were so inclined?

I guess I am kind of thinking that Mickie and bike were taken together-I just can't see taking the bike so far out unless going that way anyway...and I don't really see the bike being taken by yet another person and then ditching it...her bike being found is what really kind of made my heart sink, as I think the bike would be the last thing one would get rid of...why bother, if the perp had a place to safely and secretly stash Mickie...

You can't search a house, but I do think it would be a huge mistake to assume a crime scene occurred in a completely different area than it did. To date, all efforts seem to have been put into the WB bike discovery area. If I was a smart local who killed someone who maybe I had seen go by my house often and thought was pretty I would personally know about the story surrounding WB and know everyone would immediately think either a connection or something happening out that way and nowhere near home. I also think it is easier to hide a small body over a hard flashy bike.

I don't even know if I think that is a possibility, but like I said...I am personally tired of staring at blobs that might or might not be Mickey. I am ready to discuss other possibilities and look at other suspects. Of course, everyone is free to discuss the pictures more if they would like and ignore me :p

I agree...looking at blown up and blotchy truck pics is like a Rorschach test...everyone is seeing something different...When I first saw the truck pic, I saw someone sitting on the edge of the truck bed...others didn't...your mind can play tricks on you...

That pic that Brettly posted of Mickey has me holding back tears. She is such an adorable and innocent girl. No matter where she was abducted, I just can't fathom how someone steals a human being!

That pic that Brettly posted of Mickey has me holding back tears. She is such an adorable and innocent girl. No matter where she was abducted, I just can't fathom how someone steals a human being!

I agree. That pic got to me too. She is so young! How could anyone steal another human being?

I agree. That pic got to me too. She is so young! How could anyone steal another human being?

Psychopaths do not experience anxiety, guilt, or feelings of empathy or remorse, even when they have caused sadistical harm to others. Other human beings are only objects for fulfilling their sexual & control fantasies..

Psychopathic sexual predators are recidivist and hone their skills with each innocent victim taken..

New here, been reading for a while, kept hoping that Mickey would be found as she's a hometown girl.

I now fear for her, and am very worried. Of course, my hands are tied, as I am so far away. I am so grateful for those of you who dedicate your time and energy to finding her.

http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/7473/
live.jpg

Looking at the cams at the bridge at night.

Some areas so dark it looks as if you would not be able to see your hand in front of your face. Going to look at the cams later around 2 or so in the morning. To get an idea on traffic during that time heading east to and from the bridge.

ok so ive been gone all day, but a girl turned up missing last night from up here in shreveport, 3 hours north of lafayette.....cute blonde girl in her 20s....disappeared after walking to mcdonalds...probably not connected, but strange none the less

http://www.ksla.com/story/18863145/spd-search-on-for-missing-shreveport-woman

sorry if its already been posted

I'm new to WS and don't know a lot about sleuthing, but IMO I wouldn't rule out it being connected. Another pretty blonde girl that just disappears. I don't remember how many that makes now. It feels like a web of people now, and they are hunting young pretty blonde girls IMO. May not be true, but I can't get rid of the feeling. And somehow I feel social networking is the cause. Stalked on facebook or some other site, till enough info is known, and then go and wait for the chance to abduct them. Thats a lot of effort and it would take a while to do, but if trafficking is involved the payout may be worth it to them. JMO

I witnessed 2 bikers the night Mickey disappeared at around the same time. One fits her description.. It was at a location near the circle k..I told the police but no one has ever contacted me to discussed it.. I find that odd... Even if it wasn't her they might have seen something...does anyone know if the bikers have come forward?

Does someone know how to move this to the first page? or a central place? nice work!! Does anyone know if the camera on St Mary and Landry was working on that night? if it was someone in the neighborhood, I believe they would have taken the bike apart before they disposed of it rather than risk being seen driving around that night. JMO

I'm new to WS and don't know a lot about sleuthing, but IMO I wouldn't rule out it being connected. Another pretty blonde girl that just disappears. I don't remember how many that makes now. It feels like a web of people now, and they are hunting young pretty blonde girls IMO. May not be true, but I can't get rid of the feeling. And somehow I feel social networking is the cause. Stalked on facebook or some other site, till enough info is known, and then go and wait for the chance to abduct them. Thats a lot of effort and it would take a while to do, but if trafficking is involved the payout may be worth it to them. JMO

I read in some comments on this article and another one that this young woman has had some seizure issues and has disappeared at least once before...not sure if true, of course...for what it is worth.

I know that the following night my ex sister-in-law and a friend of hers (whos is a petite blonde) were out riding bikes around that area, and were not aware that Mickie was missing yet. An older van approched them and got out asking them if they saw a blonde girl on a bike, that she was missing. They said he was really creepy, and right after he got out and asked them, a police car pulled up and the guy pulled off. They did get his license plate and gave it to the police. Not sure if this is the ladies you were reffering to, but figured I would throw it out there.

I have been following for a while and havent felt the need to post until now. You all are doing a wonderful job, keep it up!

The bikers I am referring to are at the same time Mickey disappeared... A girl and a guy..might not have been together but looked like they were.. Girl was several feet in front of guy...

I can definitely understand why somebody with video of the? VOI wouldn't want their location or any identifying information released. I can only hope the video was turned over to LE and the PI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne