LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks those are 2 different trucks?

I think it is about 220-240 St Landry. Here is the pic and the Google street view showing the same apartment building:

qpfd44.jpg

https://maps.google.com/maps?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=224+st+landry+lafayette&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=224+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&gl=us&ll=30.219081,-92.025175&spn=0.005766,0.022724&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=30.219074,-92.025183&panoid=DCXW5K4pn1h_4xFxlYrLVw&cbp=11,129.09,,0,6.88

Is that one of the white trucks in top right corner of the car pic?

It does look like the LPD may have pinned down the time and place she disappeared.

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

So, what is the sequence here? At the gas pumps, was the dark and light car there first, with the car leaving, or was the dark car and then the light car also pulled in?

It seems pretty damn clear this truck (and I think all three white trucks may be the same) could have been following her by driving around the blocks.

I get a sinking feeling that the truck heading up University is the get away.

Maybe the police has nothing to go on and they want to speak to the drivers in the hope of better determining the route that Mickey took (what was the next street she was on).

I lost the quote of who asked me where I got the times.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

The time of this video was given to us by LE - 1:47-8 AM - not sure which time. Does anybody know? Are there two pics of MS?
Yes, 2 pics. The first one she was captured right near the intersection of Versailles & St. John (1:47) and the second one at (1:48) coming thru the intersection at Circle K.

The car was captured on University heading south, 2 blocks north of of St. Landry. MS wasn't traveling on University other than to cross over it at the intersection (by the Circle K).

Mamoo, there are 2 photos of the car from different cameras. The one I keep referring to, with no time stamp, is taken on st Landry.

The new photos from tonight: The white truck with the black bed cover on st. landry passing from the opposite direction of the cirkle k is the same truck from last night... hes coming from st john across university onto st. landry,right after mickey passes right there...then a few minutes later hes seen coming back up to university like he followed her down there snatched her up then turned around and came back to the light... the other pic of the white truck is not the same one, its a chevy z71 but its traveling down st. landry alittle while after also so he may have saw something same with the car its just traveling down st. landry the last road shes seen on... I really think the photo of the truck from last night and the new one today proves he was following her down versailles to st.landry and then turns around.. what would you need to turn around for you know.. theres no store down there its just that circle k on the corner in the pic.. the only thing up ahead was an abandoned hospital, darkness, and no cameras

That really creeps me out. I sure hope that this person is found soon that owns this truck. I am glad they have a vehicle they are looking for because it's more likely this person will be caught then if they had no video at all. I hope that perp is shaking in his boots right now.

And I sure hope Mickey is alive! God willing, I hope she is alive!!!

A bit off the-hot-topic-of-the-moment (which is sure making MY head spin!) ... but someone asked a little ways back in this thread whether Mickey received only the one call on her cell phone at or around the time of Taco Bell and then no more or whether she received a second call.

I don't remember anything about a second call -- what I recall reading or hearing in an interview was that the friend called BW's phone, which went dead, and so then called Mickey's. BUT -- I do seem to recall that at one link, BW said Mickey also received a text on her phone. I can't find a link for that right off, though. Does anybody else remember that? (Could be whatever that MSM link was just got it wrong.)

I think what the LPD may be saying is...

We saw her go past the Circle K and head down St Landry but we didn't see her get to about 220 St Landry, where the surveillance pic of the car with the apartment building in the background and foliage in the foreground was taken. Therefore we think she may have vanished in that block and a half area on St Landry. And these are the only vehicles we see in the vicinity at that time.

Yes, and one of the white trucks seems to be in the top right corner of this pic as well as the car.

I hadn't been to Lafayette since everything happened but I was in town today and saw a lot of posters with Mickey's picture and info. It made this all seem so much more real and immediate :( I'm glad that LE seems to be getting a bit more to work with though. I wonder if they've gotten a sketch of the middle-aged male in the white truck from the woman who claimed to have accepted a ride from him? I haven't heard anything else about that. It does seem odd that the press conference was cancelled today; I saw a couple of posts on the FB page previously about how there was going to be one every day.

I think what the LPD may be saying is...

We saw her go past the Circle K and head down St Landry but we didn't see her get to about 220 St Landry, where the surveillance pic of the car with the apartment building in the background and foliage in the foreground was taken. Therefore we think she may have vanished in that block and a half area on St Landry. And these are the only vehicles we see in the vicinity at that time.

Yes, that's very possible, but crazy strange that they didn't catch anything on tape, if that's the case. It's not much further than the gas station (220 St. Landry) and there were people out and about (in view... long view, but view) and there are a few buildings in a row that might have cameras. It just seems like waiting to catch up with her another block or two down would've been a better choice for a kidnapper. Awfully risky right there.

I just don't understand how people can just disappear! Poof!

To the poster who asked about a potential abductor inserting themselves into an investigation-
This is not in relation to any specific situation, but in general yes, a potential abductor could try to insert themselves into the case by joining search groups or using social media, especially if they were local and/or acquainted with their victim in some way.
LE usually sends out behaviors to look for in these types of cases, things such as (not limited to)-
Someone trying to come up with an excuse to suddenly leave the area, work or family related.
Missing time at work or trying to change their shifts.
Unexplained injures, like cuts or bruises to the hands or face.
Showing an intense interest in the case, or going out of their way to avoid any discussion.
Changing the physical appearance of themselves or hiding and/or altering their vehicle.

Yes, that's very possible, but crazy strange that they didn't catch anything on tape, if that's the case. It's not much further than the gas station (220 St. Landry) and there were people out and about (in view... long view, but view) and there are a few buildings in a row that might have cameras. It just seems like waiting to catch up with her another block or two down would've been a better choice for a kidnapper. Awfully risky right there.
Yeah you are right, it is a very short stretch and not secluded. Obviously it would be great know if she was seen on the St Landry camera.

Re the white truck: If you look at the rear wheel well, in all three picks (St John and University), it's straight across on the top. Same truck, imo.

For those of you new to these cases or to WS...there are almost always rumors about a body being found, that are very often untrue...no idea why/how they get started...

JMO

The picture of the gas station, where there appears to be a man running in dark colored pants: is his vehicle ANOTHER white truck?! How many of them were out there that night?? Is it possible his is the vehicle with the bed cover?

I feel strongly that there are two different trucks in the surveillance photos. The two pics that show a truck coming and going at the CircleK are the same vehicle, but the third shown near the cemetery is a different vehicle. It does not have (to my eye, at least) a chrome/darker gas cover like the picture we were given last night was noted to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ