LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to make it sound so bad, sorry! Looks like bessie is getting things ready, so the best way is just to dive right in and learn the system.

Basically, instead of having one long thread, there will be numerous threads for Mickey's case -- each with a topic. Within a topical thread, you (try to) post pretty much only on the topic it's devoted to.

Say good bye to me now cause I will never find my way around and will probably be missing in action.:seeya:

Okay, call me stupid, but how do you find these sub-forums...I see nothing related to Mickey anymore without doing a search from homepage.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502"]Mickey Shunick - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I followed a link with no problem to find were Mickey's thread went.

Your on a sub-forum right now. Mickey Shunick has her own forum with multiple threads on it. As members we have the ability to start new threads on separate topics about this case.

BUT -- this is still a "general discussion" thread on that sub-forum -- and I believe what happens, eventually, is that the general discussion thread closes and only the topical threads are active...? That's where I get a little hung up. (But it makes sense, I know, or otherwise why even have the subforum format.)

Normally, I think, the general discussion threads close (for posting -- they can still be read) once the topical threads get going.

Okay, call me stupid, but how do you find these sub-forums...I see nothing related to Mickey anymore without doing a search from homepage.

If you scroll down below this post and see "forum jump" with Mickey Shunick in the box. Click on that and you'll see the entire Mickey forum with all of the new threads.

I think you follow the sequence that appears at the top of this page:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90"]Current Events[/ame] > [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=359"]Hot Cases[/ame] > [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502"]Mickey Shunick[/ame]

(Or make yourself a bookmark!)

I am not a forum fan...it seems like less activity and posting happens after a while...I know I post less on forums, as I try to decide which thread it should go on, and then say "never mind"...but that is just me. JMO

Eh, I might give it a go. I just hope theres not one for a DWT.

Yeah, I wondered how a sub-forum works...I had trouble finding the thread today and looks like numbers are way down, so I assume others are having the same trouble....

Yeah I had a panicked moment when I couldn't find it lol! I think once everyone finds it though numbers will be back up. I love the new subforum and I think it'll save some time going back to look at some of the case info.

When I typed "1235 Leger Rd., Church Point, LA" this came up: 1235 Leger Rd., Church Point, LA - Google Maps

So there was no exact match on the address in CP and google maps just came up with a location with a similar name. I assume that the alley doesn't have numbered addresses, but I will go check it out. I'm thinking Leger Rd in Church Point may be a private road, therefore not showing up on a google map search. I don't think the dumpster was taken from behind the funeral home personally.

When I googled "1235 Leger Rd ChurchPoint" I got Leger Lane off of the Bosco Hwy. Then my sister, kjnmom, googled just "1235 Leger" and she got several options. The one worth mentioning is in Duson, LA at it's intersection with Constantine Rd. Makes you go hmmm? So maybe the dumpster was located at this sewer service company round the corner from bsl's property?

http://goo.gl/maps/06fwn

Where do we go if we wanna talk about Mcduff, the bad boy book connection?

I think, once you get the hang of it, you can start a thread yourself -- but, for now (and pending clarification on the rules), you can sure ask bessie to start one.

Oh lord help me. I am weak and get drawn in when it comes to trucks. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see it.:banghead:

Funny! Tempting forums!
I might have to start one for people like me that need a sleuthing coach.

MamaRoux I might have to join you, I'm already lost

Gonna sign off for a while until y'all get this baby going, LOL!

(My inclination is to post on and on in the general discussion thread until I'm all by myself and the mods come to shoo me off -- so best I depart for a little bit, instead.) I'll track y'all down later. Anybody gets lost, just holler real loud!!

But, dejavoodoo64, you don't have to post in the DWT thread -- or even LOOK at it. So, you will be happy!

Yep you're right, it gets my blood pressure up anyway. BTW I just can't make out what your holding in your avatar. What is it? I had my 10 yr old look at it and he said he wasn't sure, but that you looked like iCarly lol.

/ Oh oh I figured it out, or rather my 7 yr old did. Puppies! He said you look like iCarly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc